PhotoAid XX: for Victims of Cyclone Nargis. Planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wah!!! so fast the PhotoAid kakis reporting liow. Very heart warming

Ok some updates

Salvation Army already got their license to do fund raising till 11 June 08 and will be including our fund raising effort in their application to NSCC on top of their blanket cover of direct donations.
This will be done tomorrow. Details I have given them, photo shoot and print in return for a donation.

On coming Tuesday they will be releasing a press release about their fund raising activities. If we want them to include our effort in the press release to generate awareness, we need to give them, by Monday, some details ie: location, when, how and how much. After that, our event will be listed on their website.

During the mini meeting with ortega, the suggestions are:

When : Over 3 weekends, 24 and 25 May
31 May and 1st June
7 and 8 June
How : Shoot and print ( web hosting and downloading possible? )
How much : $10.00 per print.
Target : S$10,000.00

Anyone who can help us get cooperate sponsors to do lump sum donation?

Please give your input on the above.

In the mean time, let's get the Manpower List going first.

1) eikin
2) ortega
3) yqt
4) sjourn
5) Del_CtrlnoAlt
6) loupisk
7) zhangyb
8) HotSpots
9) Racoon
10) yanyewkay
11) Razor ( this guy better come, he's the one who first started it this time round ):bsmilie:

Maybe we should start a new thread to attract new participants. Non photoaid folks may not be reading this thread.

Wah!!! so fast the PhotoAid kakis reporting liow. Very heart warming

Ok some updates

Salvation Army already got their license to do fund raising till 11 June 08 and will be including our fund raising effort in their application to NSCC on top of their blanket cover of direct donations.
This will be done tomorrow. Details I have given them, photo shoot and print in return for a donation.

On coming Tuesday they will be releasing a press release about their fund raising activities. If we want them to include our effort in the press release to generate awareness, we need to give them, by Monday, some details ie: location, when, how and how much. After that, our event will be listed on their website.

During the mini meeting with ortega, the suggestions are:

When : Over 3 weekends, 24 and 25 May
31 May and 1st June
7 and 8 June
How : Shoot and print ( web hosting and downloading possible? )
How much : $10.00 per print.
Target : S$10,000.00

Anyone who can help us get cooperate sponsors to do lump sum donation?

Please give your input on the above.

In the mean time, let's get the Manpower List going first.

1) eikin
2) ortega
3) yqt
4) sjourn
5) Del_CtrlnoAlt
6) loupisk
7) zhangyb
8) HotSpots
9) Racoon
10) yanyewkay
11) Razor ( this guy better come, he's the one who first started it this time round ):bsmilie:

Yay! More PhotoAid II buttons to collect now!

1) eikin
2) ortega
3) yqt
4) sjourn
5) Del_CtrlnoAlt
6) loupisk
7) zhangyb
8) HotSpots
9) Racoon
10) yanyewkay

i'm not in Singapore, i should not be appearing in this list.

How many people do we need? min to max

there is this "singapore photographers" group in facebook mod by willy foo (1000 members) and other local photog forum(www.kliqueimages.com) that I mod. I can do email blast for shooters to help out.

on 31may/1st june i got wedding shoot, so have to miss that weekend.

How many people do we need? min to max

there is this "singapore photographers" group in facebook mod by willy foo and other local photog forum(www.kliqueimages.com) that I mod. I can do email blast for shooters to help out.

on 31may/1st june i got wedding shoot, so have to miss that weekend.

i think should sort out who is in to organize the event first.

suggested committee

official representative - 1 person (handle sponsorship, emergency contacts etc.)

manpower (networking) - 2 persons (emails, shift allocation, publicity on forums etc. for volunteers)

manpower (I/C on ground) - 2 persons (to make sure process is running smoothly)

logistics (planning and setup) - 2 persons (keeping an inventory list, allocate equipment on ground)

logistics (food and first aid) - 2 persons (meals and first aid)

donations keeper - 1 person (responsible for donation box, will witness accounting with official representative when passing box to Salvation Army)

treasurer (optional) - 1 person (keep track of expenses, so that everyone can share the monetary costs end of the day)

i agree with Razin on the long weekend thing. if possible will be good to start running next weekend. can consider shortening the period to 2 weekends also since there'll be 1 long weekend, and consider whether to push for 1 more weekend after 2nd weekend is done.

it's good to start early, so that the awareness is still there in public.

just to put priorities right. the aim should be placed on getting the charity work done efficiently and not letting this become another advertisement work.

I agreed with this.

Mileage for the sponsors we should give in terms of like logos and mentions on the banners, posters and website if we're hosting the downloading. But we must keep this our PhotoAid event and not let it end up like a Nikon/Canon/Epson/HP/etc PR event. At the end of the day, it's mine and Ortega's name registered with Salvation Army and I don't want them asking me why is it a Nikon/Canon/Epson/HP/etc event.

We can compromise but this must still stay a PhotoAid event.

i'm not in Singapore, i should not be appearing in this list.

Actually I was thinking of getting you to help us over the internet while we're on location and maybe going to other website to publicize the event, explaining to them what we're doing, how we're doing it, etc. Also maybe getting the event on stomp, xin website ( the chinese website ), hardware zone, etc. You may not be in SG but your presence, feedback and support is ever so important to PhotoAid ;)

If we can get one of those stand-alone printer which don't need laptop, than we can keep the manpower down.

Ortega and I though that will need min 6 person on location.

2 shooters
2 printers
2 sales

The 2 printers will also be in charge of the collection boxes which will be locked. I be collecting it at the end of the day and sending it to Salvation Army every Monday for counting.

Of course this will be the worst case scenario in terms of manpower. Maybe one more as the overall in charge/logisitic/runner ?

just to speed things up a little bit, just a fast suggestion considering resources each individual may be able to afford, you guys please shift the roles around to find the best fit, then we can get the engine running :)

suggested committee

official representative - 1 person - ortega (handle sponsorship, emergency contacts etc.)

manpower (networking) - 2 persons - razor, Hotspot, DCA (emails, shift allocation, publicity on forums etc. for volunteers)

manpower (I/C on ground) - 2 persons - razor, Racoon, zhangyb (to make sure process is running smoothly)

logistics (planning and setup) - 2 persons - yqt, yanyewkay, Sjourn, loupisk, jopel, DCA (keeping an inventory list, allocate equipment on ground)

logistics (food and first aid) - 2 persons - Racoon, loupisk, jopel (meals and first aid)

donations keeper - 1 person - yqt (responsible for donation box, will witness accounting with official representative when passing box to Salvation Army)

treasurer (optional) - 1 person (keep track of expenses, so that everyone can share the monetary costs end of the day)[/QUOTE]

If we can get one of those stand-alone printer which don't need laptop, than we can keep the manpower down.

Ortega and I though that will need min 6 person on location.

2 shooters
2 printers
2 sales

The 2 printers will also be in charge of the collection boxes which will be locked. I be collecting it at the end of the day and sending it to Salvation Army every Monday for counting.

Of course this will be the worst case scenario in terms of manpower. Maybe one more as the overall in charge/logisitic/runner ?

decide on the I/Cs first, manpower will stream in. from the last round, the roles are not difficult pick up on site.

decide on the I/Cs first, manpower will stream in. from the last round, the roles are not difficult pick up on site.

ICs will be the printers as they will be the one who control the money as well as the speed of the shooting base on the no of people waiting for the print. Workable?

ICs will be the printers as they will be the one who control the money as well as the speed of the shooting base on the no of people waiting for the print. Workable?

sounds ok i guess

i wonder if we can pull it together by the 17/18 may... cos 19 may is a vesak day .. so its kinda long weekend

That's next weekend.
Given that Aneikin Skywalker is in training in the land of the raising sun, and the fact that most of the original core group have added small people in their household and are very tied up running the rat race, a little hard lar Bro.

Summary so far

A. Dates:

Weekend 1: 24 May / 25 May
Weekend 2: 31 May / 1 Jun
Weekend 3: 7 Jun / 8 Jun

B. Running time (subject to change)

10am to 8pm (10 hours)

C. Venue

map1.jpg

Location ''a'' : Merlion Park

map2.jpg

V = Visitor posing location
S = Shooting position
R = Resting station
P = Printing station

D. General Task

Photography and print for Merlion Park visitors.

E. Charge

$10.00 worth of donation for every print made. 100% goes to Salvation Army.

F. Target

300 to 350 prints per weekend

or

S$10,000.00 in total donations collected

G. Logistics

1. 3 photo printers (2 running, 1 backup)
2. Ink cartridges (lasting 250 pc of prints per printer per weekend)
3. 4R photopapers 1200pc (400pc per weekend)
4. Plastic photograph holder 1200pc (optional)
5. 2 laptops (tentative)
6. 3 cameras (rotate usage)
7. 2 cable remote shutter control (1 in use, 1 backup)
8. 2 external flash units (1 in use, 1 backup)
9. 2 tripods (1 in use, 1 backup)
10. 4 to 6 memory cards
11. 2 tentages with weights (1 printing station, 1 resting station)
12. 2 tables (1 per tentage)
13. Chairs/benches (4 pax for printing station, 6-8 pax for resting station)
14. 2 ice boxes
15. 2 Lamps
16. 4 hand-torches
17. 1 first-aid box
18. masking tapes (marking locations)

H. Electrical power requirements

1. Printer (Batteries lasting 12 hours per printer per day, or local power source)
2. Laptop (Batteries lasting 12 hours per laptop per day, or local power source)
3. Camera Batteries (2 fully charged, 1 charger per camera)
4. Batteries for flash units, lamps and hand-torches

I. Manpower (minimum on ground)

1. 1 Overall I/C
2. 2 at shooting station (1 photographer, 1 guide)
3. 2 runners
4. 2 at printing station + 1 I/C
5. 2 for publicity
6. 1 Resting station I/C (look after personal belongings and materials)

J. Task specifics

Shooting station

1. Setup camera
2. Guide visitors to position
3. Photograph

Runners

1. Transfer memory cards between shooting and printing stations

Printing Station

1. Print photographs
2. Keep track of photograph owners putting money into donation boxes
3. Collect email addresses

Publicity

1. Moving around Merlion Park and vicinity to publicize with posters

K. Food and Drinks

1. 2 cartons of mineral water
2. 2 cartons of packet drinks/isotonic drinks
3. Catered/takeaway meals (Halal) for lunch and dinner for on-site volunteers

L. Publicity

1. 2 x A1 size posters (for display)
2. 2 x A3 size posters (for publicity personnels)
3. 1 poster stand with weights (optional)
4. 12 ''PhotoAid Volunteer'' tags and tag holders (for those on duty only)

M. License/Contacts

What has been done

1. yqt contacted Salvation Army for tie-up
2. Hotspot contacted STB for use of Merlion Park

What needs to be done

1. Provide Salvation Army with details of fund-raising event, latest by Monday 12 May
2. Collect donations collection boxes from Salvation Army

N. Online

1. Setting up of photograph pool site
2. Emailing password to photograph owners immediately at the end of each fund-raising day

O. Parking at One Fullerton

1. Contact Fullerton One manager for permission to park for free during fund-raising days

P. Miscellaneous

1. Participants are advised to each bring 1 water bottle (though drinks will be provided)
2. Participants are advised to wear caps
3. Participants are advised to apply sunblock

members contacted so far

1) ortega
2) yqt
3) sjourn
4) Del_CtrlnoAlt
5) loupisk
6) zhangyb
7) HotSpots
8) Racoon
9) yanyewkay