Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In situations like these, so-called "failure" is the least of my concern.

And as far as I am concerned, there is no "failure" in such projects. Even if you raised "zero", the effort of caring enough to do something is itself a success.

I had spent time working in the borders of Thailand, and also Indonesia, working with displaced people affected by political disruptions. For me, knowing that somewhere out there, others are trying to help in own different ways, was of tremendous encouragement.

yes i see where you're coming from. it was actually quite a trying time considering that those discouraging words came from 'established' photographer, and there was nothing to cushion the entire project except trust between strangers.

initially there were much talks of photogs volunteering to go to the sites to help with the photography of the dead for identification, that of course would not work out considering the physical and psychological perparation needed. so we settled for something more workable, though an insignificant drop compared to the ocean of funds.

Maybe, maybe, one day, I will do it again!

do or don't, no maybe ... ok, just joking lah :bsmilie: everything starts somewhere

Do you know the reasons the apostle Paul gave for his remaining unmarried?

All these brings back memories. Like nearly 30 years ago! I was single then.

Well, I am going to bed now. Work tomorrow....................

Photoaid started as a grassroot project to help raise funds for the South Asia Tsunami victims (via the Salvation Army)

after the project ended, the threads titled 'Photoaid' became the platform meant for members and friends who participated in the project to keep in close contact with each other. of course it's not exclusively meant for those who participated in the project, other members are welcomed to join the community.

and we hope there won't be a need to 'activate' Photoaid again for any calamity in the region.

Commendable service! :thumbsup:

Probably you could exend it to something like an annual fund raising event to the charities in the future. Selling prints is one of the obvious ideas. I'm sure many photographers here are happy to donate a print or two.

Every Begining has an End. Has the End Arrived ? No. It has only began.

The End of present. Brings the Future. The End of Future brings Hope and Love to all Mankind.

time to sleep. the weekends has ended... the new week has started. :cry:

Commendable service! :thumbsup:

Probably you could exend it to something like an annual fund raising event to the charities in the future. Selling prints is one of the obvious ideas. I'm sure many photographers here are happy to donate a print or two.

thanks on behalf of all who helped :)

the idea is good, and we need a group of people dedicated to organising things in singapore. as much as i'll like to help organise, i'll be in japan for 2.5 years more so it'll be quite impossible for me to help during this time.

but above this, we need to have a common cause that all involved can identify with. during the tsunami the outpoor of emotion was direct and apparent. once we can identify the cause, i believe things will fall into place.

thanks on behalf of all who helped :)

the idea is good, and we need a group of people dedicated to organising things in singapore. as much as i'll like to help organise, i'll be in japan for 2.5 years more so it'll be quite impossible for me to help during this time.

but above this, we need to have a common cause that all involved can identify with. during the tsunami the outpoor of emotion was direct and apparent. once we can identify the cause, i believe things will fall into place.

anything happen also will recall you lah...u think u in Japan can siam meh?:devil:

at least it's further away from singapore than 东海岛 :bsmilie:

bring back, bring back, bring back my Eikin to us....:bsmilie:

wonder wat happen to ykia....he mia for long time also

bring back, bring back, bring back my Eikin to us....:bsmilie:

wonder wat happen to ykia....he mia for long time also

the last time he contacted me was when he transited at narita airport :bsmilie: but that's like more than a month ago already

..and yes, photoaid brings back a lot of fond memories.

for my first meeting with you all at a crowded kopitiam, had to walk up to one stranger and ask:" are you hotspots?"....he gave a funny look and said "NO"...so malu...:embrass: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.