Photoaid 13: Love no politics. Love no animosities. Just Love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice shots glenny! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

where got newbie, you too humble liao.

nice shots glenny! :heart: :heart: :heart:

where got newbie, you too humble liao.

comparing with the masters here. i am still a far cry la....

:embrass: i need more and more practice and hopefully more shooting time... :embrass:

Thanks.

we took portrait shots for people with print on the spot service, charging $5/- per shot printed, at the Merlion Park. all proceeds (100% of collections) went to Salvation Army in aid of the tsunami victims. we raised approx. S$13,000 (apologies, can't recall exact figure) over 3 weekends (approx. 400 prints per day)

Thank you.

Excellent!

While monies are always necessary, I feel the effort itself is a lot more important!

now that you all mentioned it, still feel very touched looking at the first two threads leh :sweat: given the fact that everyone started as total strangers

today didnt walk as much as yesterday. but returned to the same spot and later explored the northern areas...

sharing my noob pics with the masters here. my little documentation from the 2nd day.
my noob pics..
OMG
you say is the edan, but you shoot all the garbage for what? :confused:

now that you all mentioned it, still feel very touched looking at the first two threads leh :sweat: given the fact that everyone started as total strangers

Yeah... most of us become red lobster and some become racoon...:sweatsm: :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

OMG

awareness brother awareness..... pple throw rubbish everywhere..

but i felt that a touch or a tint of that may be able to bring some contrasty images ? :dunno:

Thank you.

Excellent!

While monies are always necessary, I feel the effort itself is a lot more important!

welcomed, and thanks! also many participants took back some necessary knowledge to run a project like that, so in case (touch wood!) there's another disaster like the last one in this region, hopefully we can respond to the call.

i still recall receiving discouraging private messages that predicted the failure of such efforts ... oh well, those were good lessons too :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

OMG

:bsmilie:

but then i thought the garbages tell alot about how people are using the place ... actually i'm thinking of organising a Punggol cleanup ... but then end of the year is peak period for photography business, everyone will be busy with shoots at the end of the year :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: see how lah

nice shots glennyong, sorry i couldn't join you

what happened huh... I go and see

wad thing happened ?

nahs its ok... today had stomachache... one side walking and farting.. lucky no one there... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

must be the mee siam... basket !

we try to arrange for next week evening ? ;p

:bsmilie:

but then i thought the garbages tell alot about how people are using the place ... actually i'm thinking of organising a Punggol cleanup ... but then end of the year is peak period for photography business, everyone will be busy with shoots at the end of the year :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: see how lah

simple.........

Punggol so many secondary school... grab them all go do CIP la.. best.. i am sure the clusters of schools can do something ! ;)

ask NEA for support. i am sure they can do something about it... and if a government body can come into the picture, i am the schools would be glad to support.

awareness brother awareness..... pple throw rubbish everywhere..

but i felt that a touch or a tint of that may be able to bring some contrasty images ? :dunno:

contrasty? i do like the pictures as they are now :D

simple.........

Punggol so many secondary school... grab them all go do CIP la.. best.. i am sure the clusters of schools can do something ! ;)

ask NEA for support. i am sure they can do something about it... and if a government body can come into the picture, i am the schools would be glad to support.

:bsmilie: good idea :thumbsup:

but i usually prefer to start without official support, more meaningful for things to start from the ground than let things come down from above ;)

contrasty? i do like the pictures as they are now :D

bro thanks...

i dunno my own standard. but i feel that i need to improve a whole lot before i can convince myself to release a photobook for myself.

i still recall receiving discouraging private messages that predicted the failure of such efforts ... oh well, those were good lessons too :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

In situations like these, so-called "failure" is the least of my concern.

And as far as I am concerned, there is no "failure" in such projects. Even if you raised "zero", the effort of caring enough to do something is itself a success.

I had spent time working in the borders of Thailand, and also Indonesia, working with displaced people affected by political disruptions. For me, knowing that somewhere out there, others are trying to help in own different ways, was of tremendous encouragement.

Status
Not open for further replies.