Pentax/Ricoh Monthly Outing - 14 April - Changi Boardwalk & Bedok Reservoir

Ok. Update.

Managed to get Wonglp to help out with sharing tips during the actual shoot too.

So no lack of experts to look for during the sunrise shoot. :)

In total, WK (doing the sharing session); Bernard, Wonglp, Simon helping out with the hands on during the sunrise shoot.
Now we only need good weather and good turnout. :D

Ain't expert, just helping out, am sure can pick up some tips and ideas too on Sunday, look forward, thanks for inviting :)

01. fengwei (hp: 9199-3299) - I'd be driving from Queenstown, can pick up up to 3 guys along the way.
02. JK (97735246)
03. sunnycamera - (I need a pickup, I am at redhill mrt)
04. Greg0222 - I need a pick up too, or share taxi? I stay close to Yio Chu Kang MRT)
05. LonexWolff
06. hjbyeo
07. edutilos
08. Sun Yuxuan(need a pick up at Hwa Chong Boarding School,which is along Bukit Timah Road and not so far from Botanic Garden mrt.)
09. felixcat8888
10. PhilipKr35 ( Driving from Yew Tee -Sunrise n Bedok Reservoir)
11. creampuff
12. wonglp (Driving from bukit batok, picking up Simon in Woodlands)

Ok. Update.

Managed to get Wonglp to help out with sharing tips during the actual shoot too.

So no lack of experts to look for during the sunrise shoot. :)

In total, WK (doing the sharing session); Bernard, Wonglp, Simon helping out with the hands on during the sunrise shoot.
Now we only need good weather and good turnout. :D

Ain't expert, just helping out, am sure can pick up some tips and ideas too on Sunday, look forward, thanks for inviting :)

01. fengwei (hp: 9199-3299) - I'd be driving from Queenstown, can pick up up to 3 guys along the way.
02. JK (97735246)
04. Greg0222 - I need a pick up too, or share taxi? I stay close to Yio Chu Kang MRT)
05. LonexWolff
06. hjbyeo
07. edutilos
08. Sun Yuxuan(need a pick up at Hwa Chong Boarding School,which is along Bukit Timah Road and not so far from Botanic Garden mrt.)
09. felixcat8888
11. creampuff

oh dear.. i really wanna learn this badly.. but am committed to work 8.30 - 12.30 on sunday

Oh, no! I miss one more outing! I'm flying tomorrow night! :(

Wanted to join but physically now in Hanoi till next Monday. Any possibility to do a video record of the lesson? :)

Have fun for the outing! I will join next outing if time permits! Cheers

02. JK (97735246)
05. LonexWolff
06. hjbyeo
07. edutilos
09. felixcat8888
11. creampuff
13. Nik34 ( Driving from Ang Mo Kio, picking up Bro Greg0222 )

13. Nik34 ( Driving from Ang Mo Kio, picking up Bro Greg0222 )

I stay at Khatib,Possible to pick me up as well?Thanks..

gimme your num I wake you up hahaha you stay amk?

Haha I am not staying in AMK. I worry i am too tired lah. Going to TAS.. :X

whew this is building up to be the grandest Pentax outing in recent times-too bad I'll be travelling from tonight.
So many gurus & star Pentaxians (and Pentax* lenses) coming together :thumbsup: More glitter than the milky way...
Have great fun & relax, the weather will be stupendous:cool:

Btw, are we looking for the rock that FW posted, or the spread of rocks nearer to Changi V?

I do feel that the latter is better - the first posted doesn't have a direct view of the sunrise (see link: Changi Sunrise | Flickr - Photo Sharing! ) and there is also a lot less space because the rocks are pretty bunched together. If the intention is to scout out the location for future visits, we can always head there in between breakfast and the Bedok Reservoir activity, it's easy to get to if you have a car.

Wow! So many old birds coming...I try to see can swap shift and attend this outing to learn from u guys.....
1) Fengwei
02. JK (97735246)
05. LonexWolff
06. hjbyeo
07. edutilos
09. felixcat8888
11. creampuff
13. Nik34 ( Driving from Ang Mo Kio, picking up Bro Greg0222 )[/QUOTE]
14. Gummy73

Btw, are we looking for the rock that FW posted, or the spread of rocks nearer to Changi V?

I do feel that the latter is better - the first posted doesn't have a direct view of the sunrise (see link: Changi Sunrise | Flickr - Photo Sharing! ) and there is also a lot less space because the rocks are pretty bunched together. If the intention is to scout out the location for future visits, we can always head there in between breakfast and the Bedok Reservoir activity, it's easy to get to if you have a car.

Then we go where you suggested :) I'm fine w/ shooting anything, or nothing, as long as I can meet up w/ some old friends and see some new faces :bsmilie:

02. JK (97735246)
05. LonexWolff
06. hjbyeo
07. edutilos
09. felixcat8888
11. creampuff

Bro, can I tag along ur vehicle? I stay at Sembawang, but I don't mind go to Woodland area where u will pick Simon up. ;)

Driving from Yew Tee via PIE Dunearn Road can pick 08. SunYuxuan @ Hwa Chong(pls SMS 98338142) back to PIE to Changi.

Just to check where exactly to meet / best for Sunrise? I am not familiar w the place.

1) Fengwei
02. JK (97735246)
05. LonexWolff
06. hjbyeo
07. edutilos
09. felixcat8888
11. creampuff
13. Nik34 ( Driving from Ang Mo Kio, picking up Bro Greg0222 )[/QUOTE]
14. Gummy73
15. Goderic Tia (Stay near Yio Chu Kang MRT need a pickup as well)

Nik34 can you pick me up too?

I can bring my Mac loaded with adobe stuff and lightroom.

Then we go where you suggested :) I'm fine w/ shooting anything, or nothing, as long as I can meet up w/ some old friends and see some new faces :bsmilie:

Ok, we can still visit the rock later on if there is time. Might be useful in future if any Pentaxian who hasn't been there before wishes to go there again on his own (that particular place is suited for high tide imho, but need to be waist deep).

The place I suggested is at Changi Village itself, near the Changi Point Ferry Terminal from which you take bumboat to Pulau Ubin. The tide is low so access should be easy (if it's mid-tide need to climb down from the boardwalk). We can meet at Changi Point Ferry Terminal then, it's an easy 5 minutes max from there. Map: Changi Point Ferry Terminal

Btw, NEA's forecasts are erratically accurate, but just to highlight that the forecast for Sunday will be morning showers.

Ok, we can still visit the rock later on if there is time. Might be useful in future if any Pentaxian who hasn't been there before wishes to go there again on his own (that particular place is suited for high tide imho, but need to be waist deep).

The place I suggested is at Changi Village itself, near the Changi Point Ferry Terminal from which you take bumboat to Pulau Ubin. The tide is low so access should be easy (if it's mid-tide need to climb down from the boardwalk). We can meet at Changi Point Ferry Terminal then, it's an easy 5 minutes max from there. Map: Changi Point Ferry Terminal

Btw, NEA's forecasts are erratically accurate, but just to highlight that the forecast for Sunday will be morning showers.

I won't trust the forecast until a few hours before the sunrise :D