Pentax/Ricoh Monthly Outing - Botanic Garden on 12 Oct 2014 - Test Run of KS-1/ WG-M1

The picture said for itself sifu! :) The Panagor 55 is 1:1 macro lens and at it 1:1 magnification, the front barrel is very closed to the subject. Add in the 21mm tube would properly bring the insect into the barrel of the lens, Marcus! hi hi .....

There you are, very experience if not you will not be mentioning that. working distance about 1 to 1/2 inches with tubes of 21 mm but the subject fills the frame although its small.

bottom line is any lens can do la. No need voigtlander lanthar or A200 f4. In fact longer lens are prone to shake, probably needs a tripod or monopod, imho. If you have a pentax 100 mm macro, its good, very good and enough for most subjects.

I have panagor macro converter and vivitar macro converter bought many yrs ago and that can convert 50 mm to 1:1 mag. I have a reverse ring for 28 to 50 mm lens and that can give more than 2.5 x for 28mm lens? about tht I think.

The only thing I have not try is 200 lens and mount a 50 mm reverse and that would give 4X mag. maybe this sunday will try that. I need to buy the male to male adapter.

DOF is an issue on high magnification. can someone stitched. I take 10 shots and someone stitched it??

otc

Got night macro i go ...haha....sun i bery busy

Night macro, some other day will make a night out. Will need a ultra violet light and video light for night outing.
will be able to see scorpion in venus park and reservoir.

otc

The only thing I have not try is 200 lens and mount a 50 mm reverse and that would give 4X mag. maybe this sunday will try that. I need to buy the male to male adapter.

DOF is an issue on high magnification. can someone stitched. I take 10 shots and someone stitched it??

otc
Thanks Macus! I've only tried the 50 revert on the A70-210/4 but quite difficult to control near 210 end. At about 135-150, it is more controllable to me. Focus stacking to control DOF in macro is more suitable for indoor set-up with tripod rather than hand-held outdoor, lor!

See you all on Sunday.

Hi guys, I might be able to bring one or two KS-1 cameras and the WG-M1 as well for some testing trial during the outing. It's gonna be a lot fun :)

beautyshot.jpeg

Ricoh-WG-M1-adventure-camera.jpg

Hi guys, I might be able to bring one or two KS-1 cameras and the WG-M1 as well for some testing trial during the outing. It's gonna be a lot fun :)

Wahseiii....thx bro fw....hope more ppl will join this outing....:)

Night macro, some other day will make a night out. Will need a ultra violet light and video light for night outing.
will be able to see scorpion in venus park and reservoir.

otc

Interesting....

Thanks Macus! I've only tried the 50 revert on the A70-210/4 but quite difficult to control near 210 end. At about 135-150, it is more controllable to me. Focus stacking to control DOF in macro is more suitable for indoor set-up with tripod rather than hand-held outdoor, lor!

See you all on Sunday.

thomas shahan does it hand-held outdoor! :bsmilie:

beautyshot.jpeg

Ah Man... wasted, i am unable to join.. Enjoy taking photos and trying stuffs!!

beautyshot.jpeg

great fengwei. those wanting a new camera can just have a hold on this.

Iittoo, ranchy and company, all not coming ? aslo desmond 1st Ds, great pentax macro shooter. Think there are quite a number here.

otc

See you all on Sunday.

I tried that kind of combo before, it is totally dark in viewfinder, u need light beam or live view.

here is what it looks like DAL18-55 at 18mm reversed on M135mm f3.5 with 60mm extension on Pentax Kx

Result is almost 12:1 macro, 2mm on 24mm sensor,

DAL18-55 reversed on M135mm f3.5 with 60mm extension on Pentax Kx by shining camera, on Flickr

use light spot shining through viewfinder to guide on focus on object by shining camera, on Flickr

DAL18-55 at 18mm reversed on male-to-male ring on 135mm on 60mm extension tube on Pentax K-x by shining camera, on Flickr

I tried that kind of combo before, it is totally dark in viewfinder, u need light beam or live view.

here is what it looks like DAL18-55 at 18mm reversed on M135mm f3.5 with 60mm extension on Pentax Kx
Result is almost 12:1 macro, 2mm on 24mm sensor,

DAL18-55 at 18mm reversed on male-to-male ring on 135mm on 60mm extension tube on Pentax K-x by shining camera, on Flickr
Don't tell us that you gonna use this set-up as your hand-held tool on our next coming outing! :)

With that set-up, you could avoid the darkness by using the Pentax Auto Extension tube (which keep the M135 lens wide open to focus) and the wide open 28 -50 fixed focal lens reverted in front of your M135!

i sold all of them already, and I am using DFA 100mm WR now for easier life. :cool:

by the way, it is already wide open for both lens, i used my hand to keep DAL18-55 aperture level wide open, and down when shot.

I tried other 5:1 combo and 3:1 combo before, it is practically useless in the wild, unless tripod setup indoors.

my previous combo,

super 3:1 macro set by shining camera, on Flickr

5:1 macro step rig with Sigma 50mm f2.8 1:1 manual lens by shining camera, on Flickr

Looks like lots of experts going for this trip.
To bad I probably going to miss this one since the visa is long over used :D

I encourage those who are intrested in Marco to go.
So many knowledgeable folks going so lots to pick up tips from.

Looks like lots of experts going for this trip.
To bad I probably going to miss this one since the visa is long over used :D

I encourage those who are intrested in Marco to go.
So many knowledgeable folks going so lots to pick up tips from.

Who need macro lens borrowing let me know

sounds like a great outing in the making!

great fengwei. those wanting a new camera can just have a hold on this.

Iittoo, ranchy and company, all not coming ? aslo desmond 1st Ds, great pentax macro shooter. Think there are quite a number here.

otc

If it is this Sat I can go, this Sun I can't.:(