Pentax K-5 and KR

this is how things goes, a ferrrai is 10 times better than a toyata ? maybe 3 to 5 times better, but we have to pay a premium just to own 1...

Just to lighten the mood...

lexuslfalive_lead.jpg

This is is Toyota's Ferrari killer. Two were sold in Singapore for about $1.2m a few months ago. 4.8l V10 with 560hp and 0-100km/h in 3.7s.

In comparison, the Ferrari California is "just" S$780K, so you could save over S$400K buying the Ferrari over the Toyota :bsmilie:

Last edited:

lexuslfalive_lead.jpg

This is is Toyota's Ferrari killer. Two were sold in Singapore for about $1.2m a few months ago. 4.8l V10 with 560hp and 0-100km/h in 3.7s.

In comparison, the Ferrari California is "just" S$780K, so you could save over S$400K buying the Ferrari over the Toyota :bsmilie:

Then I buy an ariel atom. 0-100 at 2.9 seconds. Just as expensive as evolution x. :)

Then I buy an ariel atom. 0-100 at 2.9 seconds. Just as expensive as evolution x. :)

Isn't that a glorified go cart? I prefer not to wear crash helmet when I drive. hur hur

Ariel Atom
2009_ariel_atom-pic-10580.jpeg

lexuslfalive_lead.jpg

i prefer GTR leh.... LFA styling is ugly...

Ariel Atom is not road legal in Singapore... in some countries it is though. An Ariel Atom cannot be the same price as a Lancer Evolution (around $150K), it should cost far more in Singapore.

wow, really better.

but base iso200. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

maybe i'll wait for k-r :devil:

Last edited:
Ariel Atom is not road legal in Singapore... in some countries it is though. An Ariel Atom cannot be the same price as a Lancer Evolution (around $150K), it should cost far more in Singapore.

Makes sense that it is expensive. Since it's not road legal in singapore it's an effort just to bring it here. LFA is a bboy car, it cannot level itself to ferrari.

GTR is a car on it's own level. Cannot compare to any.

K-x got better dr. But base ISO is 200. :)

ah, i see.

i got confused because the only source i read regarding this was the wonderful dpreview. that site stated that K20D had 9 stops of usable DR. k-x was touted to have less.

then now when i google i'm looking at loads of threads criticizing what dpreview has done.. :bsmilie:

in any case, i wonder what the k-5 offering is like. if it has good DR, base iso100, and a bloody option to turn long exposure NR off, as long as it isn't too unaffordable i might consider getting it. :lovegrin:

K-x has very good DR but it is let down by its somewhat inconsistent metering. Not a problem if you shoot manual I guess?

Re true base iso of the K-x, there was this interesting thread in dpreview pentax section - look for GordonBGood's comments.

What's the deal with the Pentax K-X base ISO setting (ISO-200 vs "Extendable"-100)? - dpreview

ah, thanks for the link.

i don't really like to spend unnecessarily... so actually all this talk of BBB is just talk... i will say, and say, and say, and then change after a long long time. :bsmilie:

ah, i see.

i got confused because the only source i read regarding this was the wonderful dpreview. that site stated that K20D had 9 stops of usable DR. k-x was touted to have less.

then now when i google i'm looking at loads of threads criticizing what dpreview has done.. :bsmilie:

in any case, i wonder what the k-5 offering is like. if it has good DR, base iso100, and a bloody option to turn long exposure NR off, as long as it isn't too unaffordable i might consider getting it. :lovegrin:

:bsmilie: so how did you spend your first paycheck...

2nd fuji S5... DR 12 stop, NR can switch off... nice colors....plus a 2nd sigma... less than k-5 leh... can consider...:bsmilie:

:bsmilie: so how did you spend your first paycheck...

2nd fuji S5... DR 12 stop, NR can switch off... nice colors....plus a 2nd sigma... less than k-5 leh... can consider...:bsmilie:

s5pro?

i've seen the noise from that one... i have a group of friends who swore by it.

they've since then moved to d300. :bsmilie:

s5pro?

i've seen the noise from that one... i have a group of friends who swore by it.

they've since then moved to d300. :bsmilie:

aya D300 is a better all rounder... S5 is more specific... i only use it to shoot flowers and landscape... its nice for cats as well... too bad Azure pics no more here... always like his cat photos...

lexuslfalive_lead.jpg

I prefer this one :bsmilie:

bmm2bxnk0jrpss7wc.jpg

taxi in Germany