Pentax K-5 and KR

haha not really leh. The hair starts from the top of the head all the way to the shoulder. If i were to copy paste that portion it will be larger than 3 sample areas you show. ;p

Usually AF is not much of a concern to me. But this time round I really want to see how the new AF performs. Good noise control at high ISO must pair up with fast AF at low light mah :)

Not true. Face area + clothing takes up even more space :bsmilie:
I leave you to make up your own mind over it.
The sample pictures are there for everyone to decide themselves.

the beads win my heart. much more detailed though much noisier. :)

dunno why u ppl compare k-x with D700... its neither fair to either when u compare both...D700 cost almost 3 times more, however it will never be 3 times better... when u talk about technicalities, more often than not we have to spend a premium just for improvement that will never translate to 1:1 dolloar to performace ratio, this is how things goes, a ferrrai is 10 times better than a toyata ? maybe 3 to 5 times better, but we have to pay a premium just to own 1...

if u look at the pics, the D700 collar well its not less detail, its a focus issue... see carefully the entire jacket, u can see its due to focusing. Cos is FF, DOF is working against it...

pls dun argue with me with pics of example of k-x and D700...

u want example, i got thousands in my harddisk, why ? cos i own a D700 and a K-x... and i know what D700 can do and how its better than K-x...

look at a camera as a whole system, not at just a single component... K-x has a better sensor than k-7, than why still spend the money on K-7 ?

u want example, i got thousands in my harddisk, why ? cos i own a D700 and a K-x... and i know what D700 can do and how its better than K-x...

Hit on the right man...:bsmilie:

LOL... looks like there will fire-sale of K-7 and K-X in pentax buy/sell very soon... :bsmilie:

i think i'll hold on to my K-X... with excess supply, price will drop... :sweat: save myself the heartbreak.

LOL... looks like there will fire-sale of K-7 and K-X in pentax buy/sell very soon... :bsmilie:

i think i'll hold on to my K-X... with excess supply, price will drop... :sweat: save myself the heartbreak.
Very soon k7 would fall in the $800 range. Sad...

dunno why u ppl compare k-x with D700... its neither fair to either when u compare both...D700 cost almost 3 times more, however it will never be 3 times better... when u talk about technicalities, more often than not we have to spend a premium just for improvement that will never translate to 1:1 dolloar to performace ratio, this is how things goes, a ferrrai is 10 times better than a toyata ? maybe 3 to 5 times better, but we have to pay a premium just to own 1...

if u look at the pics, the D700 collar well its not less detail, its a focus issue... see carefully the entire jacket, u can see its due to focusing. Cos is FF, DOF is working against it...

look at a camera as a whole system, not at just a single component... K-x has a better sensor than k-7, than why still spend the money on K-7 ?
Didn't know u also own D700 also....

Last edited:
[Edit]
Forget it.
I don't want to turn a joyous thread into a $$$$ camera vs $ camera or FF vs APS-C thread.
Comparisons are just to make it a point that FF is not a end in itself and a lower cost APS-C camera has much to offer.

Last edited:
Didn't know u also own D700 also.... it good to see a real life user feedback instead defensive remark from fanboys

Uncle eow. I remember also that u have comparison bigboys vs NEX...

Remember the canon, nikon and sony before? I guess I already forgot my kopi-o... :)

Btw, I'm more concerned on EVIL? So far no news yet... :(

Last edited:
Uncle eow. I remember also that u have comparison bigboys vs NEX...

Remember the canon, nikon and sony before? I guess I already forgot my kopi-o... :)

Btw, I'm more concerned on EVIL? So far no news yet... :(

it normal, when u in the pen,oly,sony camp....just dun take it too seriously.
evil for pentax? no idea
it now the G series for Panny
Pen series for olympus
Nex series for sony
now it the combo attack of the panny/oly evil against the sony...before that.it was the fight of the brother against brother by oly against their panny counterpart....:bsmilie: