Pasir Ris photographers outing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
birds often rest on one leg while standing on the tree.. that's not a kingfisher though.... it's an egret. :)

i'm living in tampines, close enough to count me in! ;p

Ahh...thanks for enlightening me. ;) Must be a bird lover yourself ey...

Ahh...thanks for enlightening me. ;) Must be a bird lover yourself ey...

i try my best to... hehe...

anywa, last minute trip to pulau ubin - around 1pm to 5/6pm anyone? (tide's too high for chek jawa, so it's just around the island i think...) if interested, send me an SMS/PM (sms@ nine-seven-nine-nine-four-four-seven-two for kenny)

hello,

i stay at pasir ris also. i stay very near to the old fisherman village.

jay the pasir ris-er

Hi,
I'm staying here too...
will like to go for a outing and learn more about photography.

Hi

Another good place for shooting birds pics is at Changi Village. Was there last weekend and sighted at least 30 or more parrots!

I am new in photography and stay near pasir ris - wl be happy to join any outing .

hahaha.. didn't notice this thread.. my bad.. I live in Pasir Ris Dr 10 and do agree that there are definitely shooting potential around this area..

This sunset is shot near the waferfab area at the heavy vehicle park which is a slightly high ground. Taken about a week ago

2674118101_3f12abfa0e.jpg

Taken at the pasir ris park, when I first got my humble canon 400D around Feb this year

it was starting to drizzle and the creepy crawlie was looking for shelter
2372538110103112158S500x500Q85.jpg

Some of the birdie subject you can also find at the PR park
2841770150103112158S500x500Q85.jpg

2512182060103112158S500x500Q85.jpg

look like they are residing there... hheheheh.. same kind of bird feature earlier

There are also interesting smaller subject if you are good at macro, the below pictures are example..they are taken with my 75-300 el cheapo zoom..no really good photo... sorry

The common tree lizard... it changes color to match the surronding and pretty spooky, approach very slowly
2958508960103112158S600x600Q85.jpg

Dragonflies abound, best in the morning although late afternoon is still suitable
2060368680103112158S600x600Q85.jpg

There is this place in the park that offer pony ride and if you like taking picture of horses and ponies.. it's good, you can get upclose
2537954190103112158S600x600Q85.jpg

If you look closely at the hedges and bushes, there are interesting subject to be found

This is a cicada, taken with a 50mm f1.8 and a Raynox 250 mounted
2811028240103112158S600x600Q85.jpg

Also shot this very long legged spider.. quite a fierce little fella
2941831300103112158S600x600Q85.jpg

And if you're lucky enough, a leaf insect, which is really quite rare
2602944350103112158S600x600Q85.jpg

so pray tell if anyone likes to organize a photoshoot at Pasir Ris... pm me please

eh we really should just sua one satruday go down to pasir ris park or something and shoot stuff. but i can't cause my camera is in for servicing (dust all over my mirror/sensor/lowpass filter) haha. i want to shoooooot

or go for the occasional crocodile hunting that can be seen opposite the jetty along Sungei Tampines.
Spotted this croc yesterday about 5pm while a few meters away, people are venturing, fishing along its bank or swimming, splashing in the waters off Pasir Ris Park.

CROC ALERT - Its just a little baby about a meter long but where's MAMA?

Oh crykie...Any Steve Irwin wannabe?

2688966234_5473e5cd1c_b.jpg

eh we really should just sua one satruday go down to pasir ris park or something and shoot stuff. but i can't cause my camera is in for servicing (dust all over my mirror/sensor/lowpass filter) haha. i want to shoooooot

Gosh, what happened? Hope it get serviced and ready for action soon. I do have a bicycle which can come in handy for exploring the neighbourhood. Otherwise I don't mind walking as well. But sad to say, I can't make it on most Sat morning.

or go for the occasional crocodile hunting that can be seen opposite the jetty along Sungei Tampines.
Spotted this croc yesterday about 5pm while a few meters away, people are venturing, fishing along its bank or swimming, splashing in the waters off Pasir Ris Park.

:bigeyes: fWah... that's a nice specimen there.. glad our swamppy wild life isn't really all gone. Please do not forward photo like this to the press or authority, let the croc lives.. it's a beautiful animal.

Hey birdie, you peck on me and i'll eat you up.

Just to relate the size of the baby croc.

2688236289_c62bcfd209_b.jpg

errr not to throw a wet towel on any animal lovers here, but i think the NEA or or NPB needs to be notified? what if MAMA turns out to be a 2 metre long (unlikely i know) croc and takes a bite out of a swimmer one day? 'sides they won't kill it, they'll either take it/them to the zoo or to a croc farm or something.

its a toss up for me on wilderness or captivity for animals in singapore.
if i come across that croc, first i'll take a photo then scramble off.
Its scary to see wild and potentionally dangerous animals lurking at accessible places to public.

Singapore's animal rights agency sure can have a good home for them somewhere.
but i dont know man, its such a dilemma.

on a side note, hmm where in pasir ris, besides the parks, do you find to be interesting?
do share special places in the vicinity

on a side note, hmm where in pasir ris, besides the parks, do you find to be interesting?
do share special places in the vicinity

along sungei api api. if you're into nature photography there're alot of birds to shoot, and quite a few monitor lizards as well. insects and flowers are plenty too.

When I first see the photo being put up, I already had this sad feeling the small baby croc in the picture is about to have it fate sealed. Many years ago, we had a similar encounter. A family of 3 crocs, we frequently visited and watch them as they are in our fav fishing huant. Even when we occassionally swim out to retrieve some snacked lures, it did gave us any threat or worry, just observing us with their bright orangy eyes in the dark.

One day another fisherman took a snapshot and send it to the paper forum, soon enough crocs hunters were out there and we saw mama carcass being brought to shore. I don't know why the animal has to be killed rather than captured and taken care of as some of us has expressed here. It just didn't happened that way.

We are encrouching into their swarmpy environment and yet has not learn to live with their existence. :bheart:

I can't bear to come back to this thread for I really wish to avoid knowing any anticipated bad news regarding that young croc. So sorry guys, if got outing please PM me instead, much appreciated.

With 99.99% of the singaporean (except the 0.01% of the people here :bsmilie:) suffering from some kind of animal/dust/human phobia, no wonder the wild life are driven to extinction.

When I was doing my walk in Macritchie the other day, I overheard someone commented there are too many ants! Just imagine, too many ants - better go and walk in the shopping complex.

Besides Pasir Ris, I also spotted regularly some swimming around sungai buloh as well and what is heartening to see nowadays near where I live is the number of interesting nice birds returning to the urban jungle.

PM me if anyone wants to do a photo shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.