Pasir Ris photographers outing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was doing my walk in Macritchie the other day, I overheard someone commented there are too many ants! Just imagine, too many ants - better go and walk in the shopping complex.

shopping centre also got ants

Besides Pasir Ris, I also spotted regularly some swimming around sungai buloh as well and what is heartening to see nowadays near where I live is the number of interesting nice birds returning to the urban jungle.

you spotted what swimming arnd sungei buloh?

shopping centre also got ants

you spotted what swimming arnd sungei buloh?

The Buayas as well as the huge monitor lizards at the reserve - some of those monster can be as big as 1.5m long or more

The Buayas as well as the huge monitor lizards at the reserve - some of those monster can be as big as 1.5m long or more

:think: those that swim near my house (monitor lizards at sungei api api) are only like a metre long or so. there used to be big ones a few years ago, but now all katek... the cool things is that the monitor lizards sometimes come up onto the footpath and suntan there, but i haven't been luck enough to have had my cam on hand when i run into them on land though

:think: those that swim near my house (monitor lizards at sungei api api) are only like a metre long or so. there used to be big ones a few years ago, but now all katek... the cool things is that the monitor lizards sometimes come up onto the footpath and suntan there, but i haven't been luck enough to have had my cam on hand when i run into them on land though

Go to Sungei Buloh, there are quite a few of those big lizards around. I was there with my husband when we saw the sign Beware of the reptiles and he simply wave it off as a hoax. And guess what, when we turn around a corner, what we thought as a big log (probably 1.5m or more) suddenly turn around and move into the swamp - yeah if only I hv the camera - not to take the lizards but his stunned looking face :bsmilie:

Go to Sungei Buloh, there are quite a few of those big lizards around. I was there with my husband when we saw the sign Beware of the reptiles and he simply wave it off as a hoax. And guess what, when we turn around a corner, what we thought as a big log (probably 1.5m or more) suddenly turn around and move into the swamp - yeah if only I hv the camera - not to take the lizards but his stunned looking face :bsmilie:

damn, when i read this i want to drop what i'm doing and go shoot NOW! haha. ah the sad life of an office worker...

kekeekeke... great to know you all appreciate wild life... well, just this month managed to catch this, it was in Changi though

2664654070_fd657e9274.jpg

totally in an urban environment.. kekekekek... really ironical isn't it..:heart:

kekeekeke... great to know you all appreciate wild life... well, just this month managed to catch this, it was in Changi though

totally in an urban environment.. kekekekek... really ironical isn't it..:heart:

WOW. thats a really young monitor lizard. either that or its under nourished. looks real skinny. the only picture i have of one is with my handphone cam. i'll post it when i find the picture. (and when i figure out how to post a picture. LOL) the one i saw lost its tail. wonder if their tails grow back....

will benefit with a tighter crop and lower angle :bsmilie:

just kidding. good shot.

WOW. thats a really young monitor lizard. either that or its under nourished. looks real skinny. the only picture i have of one is with my handphone cam. i'll post it when i find the picture. (and when i figure out how to post a picture. LOL) the one i saw lost its tail. wonder if their tails grow back....

Yes, indeed a very young lizard. Wow, tail lost... hmmm.. guess it may not grow back unlike the house lizard. Looking forward to your post.

will benefit with a tighter crop and lower angle :bsmilie:

just kidding. good shot.

Thankz for the C&C :sweatsm:.. kekekekek... the critter was actually moving rather quickly to reach the bushes, so I just squat and shoot. Here's another sexy pose from this young model

2663830643_0de4140d49.jpg

This is also taken in pasir ris.. what's that... kekekkeke...:sweatsm:
2702058348_66e2615c72.jpg

yoz im staying at pasir ris.
do update this thread if there's any outing etc.

and i think Pasir Ris is unique in a way especially the park :D
can venture alots of things inside.

This is also taken in pasir ris.. what's that... kekekkeke...:sweatsm:
2702058348_66e2615c72.jpg

this look like someone with blue-ish light torch at the beach in the night!
hahaha! or must be a boat with blue light blinking :)

yoz im staying at pasir ris.
do update this thread if there's any outing etc.

and i think Pasir Ris is unique in a way especially the park :D
can venture alots of things inside.
Since quite a lot of photographers in Pasir Ris contributed in this thread, why don't we arrange for outing together? Well, I have no experience in organising outing, if not, I will definitely organise one. Anybody has experience on this? Or we just need to set day/time/where to meet up?

Last edited:
maybe a theme..

like wildlife of pasir ris park..:think:

or Celebrating National day ~ Pasirian style..:bsmilie:

kekekek.. yes, KillerJay was right
2702058954_f1841149e0.jpg

I do organized outing once a while with another group of shooter.. will see if time permit, we can start something closer to home.

I do organized outing once a while with another group of shooter.. will see if time permit, we can start something closer to home.

yes prease. closer to home in ulu ulu ulu pasir ris! haha

yeah feels much closer to home and its safe :D

Up for you...:)
I staying at Pasir ris too.. and near to down town east...
about 4 block away....:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.