Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LX100 & LEICA D-Lux Type 109

I'm also very keen to find out the difference between the D Lux and LX versions. If it's just strictly a rebadge with on actual changes to the functions/outputs then probably not that much point paying more.

Better resale value for Leica from past models experience. eg- LC1 vs digilux 2
3 years warranty and free light room for the Leica USA sale.

Last edited:
Looks cool. If the image quality is almost the same as the 43 cameras (might have some loss due to the cropping to 12Mp) and better than the RX100, its a winner. I find myself sometimes stuck. The RX100 while good, still not quite up to mark. The Fuji XE2, X100 and EM10 meet my requirement for image quality. So if I can get a fairly portable and light camera that can give me quality, flexibility .. its worth it. Also looking at the Leica, since the price difference not that great. Is it true the JPEG engine is a bit better on the Leica with more pleasing colours?

I don't think quality will really be lost, think you meant resolution?

Checking with pana for sample unit and gm5, if it comes I'll organize m43 outing with Clifford (microcosm) gathering:) hopefully silver em1+40-150. Fingers crossed:)

I don't have m43! but if you do get a sample unit can I join? lol

The D-Lux lacks a grip for the minimalist look. But some would be inclined to add an aftermarket one or half case anyways.
Maybe the construction may be different too and as JW73 notes, resale value may be better on the Leica plus certain perks such as free LR.
Lets see how they handle in real life.

Already own Lightroom, never shoot in JPEG so Leica profile and the extra 300$USD just doesn't stack up for me....I'll go with the Pana

no touch screen for this... what a down side.. why go backward...?? :(

Last edited:
Hope the reviews on the LX100 are very positive, especially for the EVF and start-up/shut-down times... then can take a peek at the Leica*, haha...

* - I wish.

looking at the long waiting time for the well reviewed fz1000 which yet to reach our shore (heard so), i wonder if this set is able to make it before xmas.. generally, pany popular model took 3 months to make their availability in SG after its launch.. sometime after the buying temptation is gone.. haha.

Lx100 looks amazing, if the reviews are good I might switch out of my m43 gears.

How do I get notified of its arrival in Singapore and where is the best place to try it?

Lx100 looks amazing, if the reviews are good I might switch out of my m43 gears.

How do I get notified of its arrival in Singapore and where is the best place to try it?

stay tune here for CSer to announce their first encounter. or 'like' some reputable local shop in fb which will usually post new item upon arrival to their shop..

stay tune here for CSer to announce their first encounter. or 'like' some reputable local shop in fb which will usually post new item upon arrival to their shop..

+1. kolslorr, whatever you do, don't pin your hopes on Panasonic Singapore :bsmilie:

Background info for those who may be unaware, they seem to be fairly unhelpful when it comes to keeping customers up to date on local availability of their newer cameras... At least that was what some of us experienced with the recent GH4. So, hang around CS and you should get the news fairly quick.

See:

Noticed a response from Panny SG:

kdaTDJU.png

Thanks kandinsky.

Call Panasonic useless one lah. I called them today and all they have is a standard answer "Don't know. We don't have that information yet" to any questions you asked about GH4.

At least when I called Cathay Photo, they revealed that the pricing from Panasonic is out which is:

$2,199 body only
$3,339 with 12-35 mm lens

I asked for the price for bundles with 14-140, they say don't have such pricing from Panasonic.

So, looks like 14-140 is not in the bundle !

What good is it to call Panasonic when they will only say something worth hearing only on or after their launch day ?

Cheers

The best one:

As usual, Panasonic Singapore has no information and know nothing :(
I enquired about the GH4 and they suggest I should perhaps consider the GH3 instead.

Expecting LX100 to retail for SGD 1028 on 18th December 2014 in Singapore. :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Yeah I'm really excited, hope to read some reviews from you all soon!