On Seminars & Talks

This is linked directly to our publicity.

When is our newspaper ad? When are the posters to be deployed to the stores? We need to give these some time as well.
What if people see it and want to be involved then? It defeats the purpose of a paid ad and portray us as being unfriendly.

Don't understand what you are talking about?

1. Newspaper ad already stated that it will be out on either Wed or Thurs in the meeting last week when you were present.

2. Question on deployment of poster is like asking who is putting the bell on the cat? Anyway it is already in the process, who else is doing it? Uncle here is going around burn $ on petrol and ERP and time to distribute poster!

3. Question already surface and in the the meeting the point of using eventzilla for registration was not accepted, because points like public can register and ppl can register a block etc surfaced. As such I made a decision to go manual registration. Now again twist back to us being unfriendly, seriously what is the point.

Don't understand what you are talking about?

1. Newspaper ad already stated that it will be out on either Wed or Thurs in the meeting last week when you were present.

2. Question on deployment of poster is like asking who is putting the bell on the cat? Anyway it is already in the process, who else is doing it? Uncle here is going around burn $ on petrol and ERP and time to distribute poster!

3. Question already surface and in the the meeting the point of using eventzilla for registration was not accepted, because points like public can register and ppl can register a block etc surfaced. As such I made a decision to go manual registration. Now again twist back to us being unfriendly, seriously what is the point.

1. it was not in the minutes. My point is two-fold, ad comes out Wed or Thurs, no problem. But if people subsequently login and see registration closed, its natural to think why close then announce event. Ad serves two purpose afterall a)congratulatory; and b)informative. Unless of course, it is purely a congratulatory one.

2. I asked when are the posters going out. A question about about timing not responsibility. There is not even the slightest hint that anyone, lest you, to do it alone. I apologise I didn't make it clear in my previous post. I just want to know if we can do by this weekend and how we can divide up the workload. In fact I will be near Funan after work today so I don mind bringing them to the shops but I need to know to give to who etc etc

3. I am not twisting anything. As I have made no mention about registration in my post and thus unable to comment further.

hope that clears up the misunderstanding.

1. it was not in the minutes. My point is two-fold, ad comes out Wed or Thurs, no problem. But if people subsequently login and see registration closed, its natural to think why close then announce event. Ad serves two purpose afterall a)congratulatory; and b)informative. Unless of course, it is purely a congratulatory one.

2. I asked when are the posters going out. A question about about timing not responsibility. There is not even the slightest hint that anyone, lest you, to do it alone. I apologise I didn't make it clear in my previous post. I just want to know if we can do by this weekend and how we can divide up the workload. In fact I will be near Funan after work today so I don mind bringing them to the shops but I need to know to give to who etc etc

3. I am not twisting anything. As I have made no mention about registration in my post and thus unable to comment further.

hope that clears up the misunderstanding.

Yes its a misunderstanding, lets move on, since we stick ourselves into this sh*it might as well try to move out of it alive.

Posters are given to TK Photo and John 3:16, I am trying to avoid Bally (do not want to associate with bad publicity). Maybe can consider SLRR (though bally related), Given to Cathay Peninsular, Edison in Sim Lim, Grace Photo Lab

Simon is supposed to give to Alan and other retailers which EastGear has dealing with.

I am trying to find time to give to MS Color and Lords. Will put some in Nikon Service Centre and will go to Canon, FujiFilm and Olympus next Mon.

Can collect the A3 poster from me, I can print on my laser printer, Can arrange a time a place. Sat at Funan or city area?

BTW we can close the CS members registration and we open to public via the event zilla. It means we close the thread and redirect it to the event zilla where public can also register.

If we need public to fill the space we can reserve 20 spaes for each talk and give it to SAM event mailling list