Old body, New lens; or ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leykid1634

Mar 8, 2007
This is my take....
I felt that body are upgraded faster than before; whereas, lenses would not as fast. Furthermore, lenses technology is in end (imho), other than improving on its glass - nano coating, or maybe new glass development that could give better quality in all aspect.

I am refering to Nikon gears as I only owns this brand. :D

So whats your take??

If I already got my dream lens, I will upgrade the body. If not, I will save up the money to buy my dream lens coz my current cam is still servicing me well. If the body spoilt, thats another story lah :bsmilie:

If I already got my dream lens, I will upgrade the body. If not, I will save up the money to buy my dream lens coz my current cam is still servicing me well. If the body spoilt, thats another story lah :bsmilie:

So, will you be buying a new body or a 2nd hand one?
Would you be likely to buy a 2nd hand lens if you really want that lens, and can't effort a new one? :think:

Dear Bro & Sis,
what your opinion?:embrass:

get a good body, whether 1st or 2nd hand and some quality lenses. Lenses take higher precedence.

i buy all my stuff 2nd hand, no $$$ what to do...

I'm quite "obsessed' with noise right now, so a body upgrade for me first ;p

Depends on what u need or what attracts u more, but that's just me.

When I got my 17-55 mm, I was still using my D100.

Now, having past 40 yrs old and "lao-hua" eyes, I got no choice but to upgrade the body to D300. Can't make out the small LCD and viewfinder clearly anymore....:sweatsm:

Lens are always more important than body.

i buy all my stuff 2nd hand, no $$$ what to do...

Like to know, $$$ one side, how satisfied are you with your stuff?
I dont quite trust 2nd hand stuff. :sweat:
Especially on lens. Hope you can clear my doubt. :think:

When I got my 17-55 mm, I was still using my D100.

Now, having past 40 yrs old and "lao-hua" eyes, I got no choice but to upgrade the body to D300. Can't make out the small LCD and viewfinder clearly anymore....:sweatsm:

Lens are always more important than body.

I am craving for this lens for very long leow, but no $$$. But no trust 2nd hand. What to do? :dunno:

then buy all brand new lor. Either you learn to test the 2nd hand lenses before you buy or just all brand new ones, because that is the only way for you to be confident in what you buy. Not matter what we tell you, you are the only that is going to be buying not us. Whichever way would make your mind at ease would prob be the best for you.

then buy all brand new lor. Either you learn to test the 2nd hand lenses before you buy or just all brand new ones, because that is the only way for you to be confident in what you buy. Not matter what we tell you, you are the only that is going to be buying not us. Whichever way would make your mind at ease would prob be the best for you.

I not totally disagreed with you.
As i have said, $$$ is the problem.

So, did you own a 2nd hand lens before? How it is fare?

nearly all my lenses are 2nd hand, heck even the body was bought used. As long as the price is good, the items works as good as a new one, why not? I use my stuff, not to display them. Exterior condition can be bad but the most important parts are on the inside of the lens, so check those carefully. The optics, the af motor etcetc

Like to know, $$$ one side, how satisfied are you with your stuff?
I dont quite trust 2nd hand stuff. :sweat:
Especially on lens. Hope you can clear my doubt. :think:

All my gear are 2nd-hand.
Learn how to check out the stuff before you buy.
CS buy & sell rocks! :thumbsup:

So, will you be buying a new body or a 2nd hand one?
Would you be likely to buy a 2nd hand lens if you really want that lens, and can't effort a new one? :think:

Yes, for now I can't afford a new one coz its cost more than $10k - 500mm f4 VR coz I am into bird photography. For me, lens comes first. As long as the condition of the lens is good, I really don't mind buying its 2nd hand. Body is secondary, if my current D80 spoilt, then I will buy brand new camera, maybe a D300.

Last edited:
All my gear are 2nd-hand.
Learn how to check out the stuff before you buy.
CS buy & sell rocks! :thumbsup:

That is what I am afraid of, not knowing how to buy a good 2nd hand lens.:dunno:
I really like to learn from all of you.
Can you teach me how to chose a good lens & camera?
Please...Bro & Sis...

Thank you very much. :)

That is what I am afraid of, not knowing how to buy a good 2nd hand lens.:dunno:
I really like to learn from all of you.
Can you teach me how to chose a good lens & camera?
Please...Bro & Sis...

Thank you very much. :)
pm me. can meet up with you probably tmrw or the day after. i teach you how to check lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.