Official Plane Spotting Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I see. Thank for clarifying. :D

Do you happen to be a RSAF engineer or senior technician also? :think:

Nope. But I do know a few of them. Plus I do check up a lot on military planes. My knowledge on commercial planes However isn't even a fraction as good as yours.

Last edited:
Actually with a 2 deg downward cantered gun, you still need to be in a dive to employ the gun properly. Low angle strafe is flown at 10 deg dive and high angle strafe at 20 to 30. So whichever profile you fly, you still need to dive at min of 8 deg or the rounds will ricochet. Unless of course you're strafing a vertical target from below. With a 2 deg down gun, trying to employ the gun against am aircraft would be very difficult, hence the 2 deg up gun on the mighty f-15. Multi role jets like the f-16 have a zero cant gun which makes it good for both air and ground targets.

beanokim, thanks a lot for the insight. I know better now. :)

Was browsing and sorting through my photos when I stumbled on to this G550-CAEW which I had initially presumed to be 016, turns out otherwise upon a closer inspection. How in the world could I have miss it. :angry:

New girl in the block...

4384329079_8e45f59f1d_b.jpg

Republic of Singapore Airforce (RSAF) G550-CAEW
RSAF 111 Squadron "Jaeger" @ Tengah Airbase (TAB)/WSAT

RSAF S/N. 010
Manufacturer S/N. <<< Unknown >>>

Additional photos of the G550-CAEW in the first edition of this thread (ID No. 496591)...

Post ID No. 5263527 (2009-07-14).

Post ID No. 5408957 (2009-09-03).

Post ID No. 5774807 (2010-01-13) / with full resolution image.

Post ID No. 5778448 (2010-01-15) / with full resolution image.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gulfstream G550 product brochure and interior planning guide.

Gulfstream G550 Flight Crew Operating Manual (FCOM), ID No. 2A-06-20 (External Antennas).

RSAF G550-CAEW, S/N. 016 formerly registered as N914GA (C/N. 5014) background information.

4385090202_4c309e7e35_o.jpg

Republic of Singapore Airforce (RSAF) AS332M Super Puma (SAR Paint Scheme)
RSAF 125 Squadron "Puma" @ Sembawang Airbase (SBAB)/WSAG

RSAF S/N. 297
Manufacturer S/N. <<< Unknown >>>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is about all the remaining images from Jurong that I had managed to dug up. :)

Actually with a 2 deg downward cantered gun, you still need to be in a dive to employ the gun properly. Low angle strafe is flown at 10 deg dive and high angle strafe at 20 to 30. So whichever profile you fly, you still need to dive at min of 8 deg or the rounds will ricochet. Unless of course you're strafing a vertical target from below. With a 2 deg down gun, trying to employ the gun against am aircraft would be very difficult, hence the 2 deg up gun on the mighty f-15. Multi role jets like the f-16 have a zero cant gun which makes it good for both air and ground targets.

Downward cantered guns notwithstanding, A-10s managed to shoot down two Iraqi helicopters in the air during the first Gulf war. This is one mean aircraft.

This was taken on last Thursday.
4387518014_33fa120549.jpg

This was taken today.
4395074348_b86c631143.jpg

Went to Changi Beach Park today with the hope of getting some decent shots, but the light was really lousy in the late afternoon. Gray skies with the sun mostly hidden behind the clouds; most of the shots ended up lacking color and contrast:(

imgp5515acr.jpg

imgp5482acr2.jpg

imgp5506acr.jpg

Wow, that is simply awesome! Those must be among the best aviation photos taken in Singapore. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you!
I'd spent 2-3 hours to observe and wait for the moment.
Luckily the end result is not bad.

Has always wished that I am able to take such photos. Superb! Especially the bottom one. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Perfecto! ;)

Thank you !

Went to Changi Beach Park today with the hope of getting some decent shots, but the light was really lousy in the late afternoon. Gray skies with the sun mostly hidden behind the clouds; most of the shots ended up lacking color and contrast:(

Change Beach Park?
How did you manage to take these landing shots from that side?
I thought we only can capture taking off aircraft at Changi Beach for now?

Change Beach Park?
How did you manage to take these landing shots from that side?
I thought we only can capture taking off aircraft at Changi Beach for now?

Wind direction was S-W yesterday evening for a while, so the aircraft were landing from the Beach park side.

Went to Changi Beach Park today with the hope of getting some decent shots, but the light was really lousy in the late afternoon. Gray skies with the sun mostly hidden behind the clouds; most of the shots ended up lacking color and contrast :(
Welcome back, Skypacker. Glad to still see you around this thread. ;)

Welcome back, Skypacker. Glad to still see you around this thread. ;)

Thanks, 9v-Orion:)
I was too busy with work/school related matters the last few months, hence couldn't go spotting. Hopefully I will find more time now.:thumbsup:

Wind direction was S-W yesterday evening for a while, so the aircraft were landing from the Beach park side.

I also noticed the wind direction has changed for quite a while today.
time to say bye bye to north east moonsoon.:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.