OFFICIAL: EOS-M - User thread

hi guys, how much storage can the eos m support?

I use sony 32gb U1 also ok.

I was just wondering if anyone in Singapore has got their hands on the EF-M new canon 55-200 or the new Tamron 18-200 EF-M lens yet?

Lately, I have been using an EF 200mm f2.8 on my "M" for long tele work… I love it… It also serves duty on my Olympus E-pm2 and of course occasionally on a 5D (classic)… The 200 prime is much lighter than a 70-200 zoom, and its AF speed iS "good enough" on the "M" for most situations.. … It also complements my EF 100 F2 nicely….:cool:

Last edited:
Hi there , does anyone know which shop currently carry the new m2 ? Or does anyone own the m2 over here ?
The new m2 AF seems to have shown big improvements over the old m .

[video=youtube_share;kEr6FxbBnc4]http://youtu.be/kEr6FxbBnc4[/video]

Last edited:
I have not seen it yet here in Bangkok… Are you having some auto focus issues with your M1??? Both of mine work just fine even with EF lenses… (did you download the latest software?).:cool:

Last edited:
No sir , I was holding to get one just a while ago and while I do some research on this m model, i come across many reviews about the slow AF for the m , especially when dealing its AF with moving objects .
That's one of the reasons it held me off getting one for now , even though it's pricing it's already very competitive for the m .
But I'm sure I'm gonna get one of these mirrorless compact dslr, btw looking forward to the new m2

Singapore are not going to bring them in....
I have waited very long....
Now rather try other brands instead.

Singapore are not going to bring them in....
I have waited very long....
Now rather try other brands instead.

Hi there thanks for the info , but my understanding for the new m2 is , the m2 is not going to be exported to north America like markets , but would be launch only in japan and Asia ?

Is it already confirmed by Canon Singapore or Japan side that this m2 would not be launch at Singapore after all ?
Thanks.

If Canon Singapore is not going to bring them in , do any of you guys know where or which vendors/shop ,reputable online sellers or individual does deal in gray or JDM set ?
Any info is very much appreciated .
Thank you

Last edited:
Saw very competitive pricing for m2 with 3 piece lens at Japan rakuten , Anyone bought cameras at Japan rakuten before ?
Please share experiences , thanks

No sir , I was holding to get one just a while ago and while I do some research on this m model, i come across many reviews about the slow AF for the m , especially when dealing its AF with moving objects .
That's one of the reasons it held me off getting one for now , even though it's pricing it's already very competitive for the m .
But I'm sure I'm gonna get one of these mirrorless compact dslr, btw looking forward to the new m2
HaHa… Go try one! The software a while back pretty much fixed the AF problem… You might be pleasantly surprised…Most of the reviews blew off the camera when it was first introduced for slow AF… but the reviewers never tried it again after the upgrade… Like I said go try one in a store near you and judge for yourself… chk out this very large flickr group.. https://www.flickr.com/groups/eos-m/
Anyway here is a video AF comparison between the M and the new M2… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEr6FxbBnc4

Last edited:
Course if you really want fast AF.. Then just buy an Olympus pen…EP5/EPL5-6/EPM2 etc… They have about the bestAF speed right now… But good luck trying to use EF and EFS lenses in AF on anything other than an M or M2...

Course if you really want fast AF.. Then just buy an Olympus pen…EP5/EPL5-6/EPM2 etc… They have about the bestAF speed right now… But good luck trying to use EF and EFS lenses in AF on anything other than an M or M2...

No not looking at others models atm , in fact I'm already listed down to the m cos of the reason it could utilize a wide range of ef IS lenses , that's also the main factor I'm going for the m , the decision for me now is where I'm going to get it from , as Canon sg might not going to carry it , most likely I'm getting it from Japan rakuten .

No not looking at others models atm , in fact I'm already listed down to the m cos of the reason it could utilize a wide range of ef IS lenses , that's also the main factor I'm going for the m , the decision for me now is where I'm going to get it from , as Canon sg might not going to carry it , most likely I'm getting it from Japan rakuten .

When buying online, please do remember the 7% GST that will be imposed on the items above $500 (or is it $450??)

Anything importing into sg exceeding 400sgd is subject to GST , but no choice have to get it online if m2 is not available in sg .
I did some rounds on the net and I found out that Japan rakuten got the most competitive prices could find . But of course haven't add in EMS shipping and GST .
But not much choice if wanted a m2 , guess japan rakuten would be my only source of getting one .

Is there any bros / sis over here had experienced in buying cam from Japan rakuten vendors ?

Last edited:
Does Hong Kong carry EOS M2? I will be going Hong Kong next week but I tried looking at Hong Kong Canon Website, it only mention EOS M, the price is 4480HKD which is more expensive than SG's... I thought camera will be cheaper in Hong Kong? Or the one listed is actually EOS M2? Thanks~

Does Hong Kong carry EOS M2? I will be going Hong Kong next week but I tried looking at Hong Kong Canon Website, it only mention EOS M, the price is 4480HKD which is more expensive than SG's... I thought camera will be cheaper in Hong Kong? Or the one listed is actually EOS M2? Thanks~

As far as m2 is concerned , I don't think Canon HK is officially carry the m2 currently for now , it's the m if my guess is correct , Canon only officially announced that m2 would only be release in Japan and China markets .
But this is not to say grayset for the m2 cannot be found on HK soil . When you're in HK , do go to camera store to check it out whether gray set of m2 can be found , confirm official Canon HK doesn't carry the M2 .

Last edited:
As far as m2 is concerned , I don't think Canon HK is officially carry the m2 currently for now , it's the m if my guess is correct , Canon only officially announced that m2 would only be release in Japan and China markets .
But this is not to say grayset for the m2 cannot be found on HK soil . When you're in HK , do go to camera store to check it out whether gray set of m2 can be found , confirm official Canon HK doesn't carry the M2 .

I see I see, thanks! Will survey around and compare with SG price before buying if only Eos M is available.