OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 7D Mark II - User Thread

Sent in my camera for inspection yesterday ...one of the senior tech was quite surprised about the telecon glitch n the battery not holding the charge well...so he will be keeping my camera to run tests n compare with other 7d mk2..

Sent in my camera for inspection yesterday ...one of the senior tech was quite surprised about the telecon glitch n the battery not holding the charge well...so he will be keeping my camera to run tests n compare with other 7d mk2..

That's encouraging!

Just got back the camera they changed the pcb board and the battery...free servicing...woohoo

Quick update..back to square one...sigh...I think it might be the micro af adjustment that's messing with the communication between the telecon n the lens.gotta test out again

Last edited:
I am in HKG now. Is $2080 a good price for body only?

definitely. think body only here you'll get around 2150-ish.

definitely. think body only here you'll get around 2150-ish.

70 saving but warranty claim has to send to hk or have international warranty? need to factor in this consideration.

$70 savings isn't really dat attractive, if u happen to b like bro eggie87, den I guess u wud b extremely frustrated without local warranty,
Imo even grey sets r much safer den buying without local warranty, btw I guess grey sets wud give u a higher savings den a $70 though I do not think there's grey set in the market yet(didn't check), and they do the overseas warranty thingy for u too, best of both world,
btw my wheel beside the live view is starting to show abit of funny restriction, like every 8-10 rounds spinned, I'll experience abit of restriction for 3-5 clicks...
Never experience this on my other 2 cannon bodies....

$70 savings isn't really dat attractive, if u happen to b like bro eggie87, den I guess u wud b extremely frustrated without local warranty,
Imo even grey sets r much safer den buying without local warranty, btw I guess grey sets wud give u a higher savings den a $70 though I do not think there's grey set in the market yet(didn't check), and they do the overseas warranty thingy for u too, best of both world,
btw my wheel beside the live view is starting to show abit of funny restriction, like every 8-10 rounds spinned, I'll experience abit of restriction for 3-5 clicks...
Never experience this on my other 2 cannon bodies....

Mine is a local set..So nothing to worry about..only wasted time

Any place have promo for7dmk2? Hehe, my 50d starts to show its age.

Bought mine locally for $2,228 I think. I used an Amex card and have 5% cash rebate and so still quite good price I think :)

Last edited:
Mine too is a local set, lucky for us, but the problem on the wheel came when my body was just 3-4weeks old, ya troublesome dats y I just make do with it n sent it back when I've really got the time

does your batt drain off very fast when left inside camera for a few days?

does your batt drain off very fast when left inside camera for a few days?

I had quite r bad battery mileage..about 250 shots on originals....I haven't had a proper test since they replaced the pcb board n gave me a new batt...another problem users are experiencing is soft focus or front focusing from the camera when running on ai servo ..was recommended to bring back the camera to change if there's issues like that..

I had quite r bad battery mileage..about 250 shots on originals....I haven't had a proper test since they replaced the pcb board n gave me a new batt...another problem users are experiencing is soft focus or front focusing from the camera when running on ai servo ..was recommended to bring back the camera to change if there's issues like that..

I have under 200 shots and left the batt in camera then a week later found battery drained off when I want to use again.

I have under 200 shots and left the batt in camera then a week later found battery drained off when I want to use again.

Perhaps with the 7D2 it is best to store the camera with the battery out when not in use.

Do you think gps could be a cause for it?

Do you think gps could be a cause for it?

From what Canon told me if the battery drains quickly even while it's off out on standby the gps function had been stuck on...so the only way to turn it back off is to reset the cameras settings...cause even in my 60d I could get 400 shots...

when I brought my 7dmk2 to vietnam, penang and langkawi.the batteries couldn't last the day on standby with only about 200shots per batt change...so I have already told Canon to feedback to the higher management.....cause even my telecon+100mm macro lens combo screws up the camera if af micro adjust is on.even after replacing the pcb board..so it might be the firmware problem