GODOX V1C and CANON EOS R6 MARK II

Sujaram

Jan 19, 2024
HI,

I have canon r6 mark ii camera. I would like to know whether GODOX v1 c flash is compatible with this camera R6 mark ii. anyone using it now this combination?

Hi, Godox said their flashes are compatible with canon cameras with ettl 2 flash metering system. Advertisement for V1 state compatibility to R6 MK1 but it applies to MK2 . However some people report issues with V1 like on manual mode it did not fire and also the mounting or attachment to hotshoe. I don't don't know about this as the mechanicals should be simple enough but see the video. Check the firmware version of the flash if it is the latest one from Godox website. Follow Godox upgrade instructions.

Take note flash will not fire if camera is set to electronic shutter but not electronic first curtain. Also remember canon did not give Godox permission to reverse engineer how Godox flash communicate to canon camera so it is not 100% compatible like a original canon flash that costs more. Ps canon may have made their newer cameras that detect if flash is third party or not and hence the hotshoe problem.

Godox V-1 complete walkthrough.

Last edited:
He is using R5 and ttl. Mirrorless flash technology improved?

He is using DSLR 1dx MK3.

Thanks everyone. To avoid any compatibility issues, I purchased canon speedlite EL-5. Later part 2024, canon may release few more speedlite. Hopefully, they will release current EL-1 with multi-function show. I am hoping that. current el-1 is different in that respect.
regareds
ramki