OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 7D Mark II - User Thread

Anyone know the best place to get this body?

Anyone know the best place to get this body?

Prices have fallen a little
bit...last week prices asking around $215x at some shops in Funan. With promotion include $140 vouchers redeem at Canon. But stated rules mention last day was on 31st Dec. So better check...

bit...last week prices asking around $215x at some shops in Funan. With promotion include $140 vouchers redeem at Canon. But stated rules mention last day was on 31st Dec. So better check...
Thanks alot . Will check it out later..

Promotion ends on the 7th jan..gotta be quick..vouchers are ntuc vouchers..just got my vouchers 2 days ago.

2150 include or exclude gst?

I bought mine on the second day of launch here at $2159.

Just experienced a horrible glitch with the 7dmk2 which basically made the camera unusable yesterday..just took the camera out from my dry cabinet n loaded in some batteries...I then attached my 1.4x tele con to my 100mm L lens like supposed to..then attached it on..after I turned on the camera firstly the sensor cleaning screen was there forever till I lightly pressed the shutter button...

after that I found out the shutter button..top wheel...set button, af on button and the rest of the small buttons were dead..not only that..stuff from the menu couldn't be fully accessed..like battery info.reformat card..n few other functions..the basically froze there till I pressed the menu button.....

basically only after I swapped my lens back to my sigma 18-35f1.8 then the camera functioned normally..realised its something to do with the teleconverter..removed it n it works fine..had to attach the converter on the body first then the lens...then it worked....after I removed the set n attached it on then it continued to work normally..

Just experienced a horrible glitch with the 7dmk2 which basically made the camera unusable yesterday..just took the camera out from my dry cabinet n loaded in some batteries...I then attached my 1.4x tele con to my 100mm L lens like supposed to..then attached it on..after I turned on the camera firstly the sensor cleaning screen was there forever till I lightly pressed the shutter button...

after that I found out the shutter button..top wheel...set button, af on button and the rest of the small buttons were dead..not only that..stuff from the menu couldn't be fully accessed..like battery info.reformat card..n few other functions..the basically froze there till I pressed the menu button.....

basically only after I swapped my lens back to my sigma 18-35f1.8 then the camera functioned normally..realised its something to do with the teleconverter..removed it n it works fine..had to attach the converter on the body first then the lens...then it worked....after I removed the set n attached it on then it continued to work normally..

Hi eggie, sounds like you encountered a strange problem.
By chance is your 1.4X tele-converter a non-Canon one? I don't think the 100mmL lens (f2.8L macro lens?) can be used with the Canon 1.4X extender. If the teleconverter is indeed non-Canon, then chances are that is is simply not quite compatible with the 7D Mk II which is a newly released model. So if that is the case, the problem is with the third party teleconverter, and not with your 7D.

Hi eggie, sounds like you encountered a strange problem.
By chance is your 1.4X tele-converter a non-Canon one? I don't think the 100mmL lens (f2.8L macro lens?) can be used with the Canon 1.4X extender. If the teleconverter is indeed non-Canon, then chances are that is is simply not quite compatible with the 7D Mk II which is a newly released model. So if that is the case, the problem is with the third party teleconverter, and not with your 7D.

My tele con is from kenko....anyway I just removed it ..then attach the converter on then the lens n it works...now I can attach it as a set on with no problems...think it was some glitch between the telecon n the body..smells too new for the body..had withdrawal symptoms...everything's fine now..I'm only not to pleased with the crap battery life..already reported to Canon.n they say a firmware will be coming out for the battery problem....

(Update)..I have confirmed that the kenko 1.4x tele con is not compatible with my 100mm macro lens n the body..my 100 to 400 works fine with it.....this sucks..ill have to bring it to report this to Canon again.

Last edited:
My tele con is from kenko....anyway I just removed it ..then attach the converter on then the lens n it works...now I can attach it as a set on with no problems...think it was some glitch between the telecon n the body..smells too new for the body..had withdrawal symptoms...everything's fine now..I'm only not to pleased with the crap battery life..already reported to Canon.n they say a firmware will be coming out for the battery problem....

(Update)..I have confirmed that the kenko 1.4x tele con is not compatible with my 100mm macro lens n the body..my 100 to 400 works fine with it.....this sucks..ill have to bring it to report this to Canon again.

The Canon tele-converter is compatible with only a select number of Canon lenses. I assume the same applies with the Kenko tele-concerters. The Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro is not on the official Canon compatibility list and is therefore incompatible. The following link details which Canon lenses are compatible with both the 1.4x and 2.0x tele-converters:

Canon Tele-converter Compatibility Chart

The Canon tele-converter is compatible with only a select number of Canon lenses. I assume the same applies with the Kenko tele-concerters. The Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro is not on the official Canon compatibility list and is therefore incompatible. The following link details which Canon lenses are compatible with both the 1.4x and 2.0x tele-converters:

Canon Tele-converter Compatibility Chart

Well it did work with my 60d fantastically.So I'm not too sure why it wouldn't work now with my mk2.and even cripple the camera...what a waste....could have continued having the 220+mm macro range..

Last edited:
Well it did work with my 60d..So I'm not too sure why it wouldn't work note with my mk2.and even cripple the camera.

Interesting.... Let us know what Canon says after you've spoken to them.

Interesting.... Let us know what Canon says after you've spoken to them.

All they told me" is we recommend u not to use any 3rd party accessories on Canon as it might damage the camera...."I'm like seriously?..they didn't even bother to investigate..like that I shouldn't use any other stuff except Canon...nuts....will be waiting for the reply for the battery issues ...hopefully the firmware comes soon

Last edited:
All they told me" is we recommend u not to use any 3rd party accessories on Canon as it might damage the camera...."I'm like seriously?..they didn't even bother to investigate..like that I shouldn't use any other stuff except Canon...nuts....will be waiting for the reply for the battery issues ...hopefully the firmware comes soon

It's quite standard practice/policy for manufacturers not to support 3rd party equipment

Just got a reply from Canon..gotta bring my camera down to them for the battery issue n gonna show them the glitch...