Official Canon 550D User Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be careful if you bought the non branded card.

Before your trip, you might want to try to fill-up your memory (from pc, copy big files by using card reader), and copy back to the computer (in different folder). Afterwards, see if the files that you just copied are okay.

Oh shoot. Seriously?? I took a few shots with it and seems okay so far. It's patriotbrand I think. Sure hope it will go well.

What brand is your non-brand??

@wiiuwii
Different focusing algorithm is use when using viewfinder & liveview.

Think it's patriot. Made in Taiwan.

I've been using the free "Canon" 5MDH Crumpler ever since. If you're walking around with 2 lens (one attached to dslr) maybe a flash, cleaning kits, some batts. It'll be just nice. I believe u can also put a battery grip in there wif ur 550D. :)

Yup. Tested n proven with no probz putting in the bg on the 5mil bag.

Can a 550D mounted with a 18-135mm fit comfortably into the 5DMH Crumpler ?

Im deciding between a Crumpler 5MDH & 6MDH.
6MDH abit bulky for me.

Thanks for sharing

I've tried mounting my bro's 70-200 F/4 on and it fit in. Need to adjust the paddings inside a bit. However to say comfortably .. it'll going to be a bit tight. If you're going to have 2 long lens and a flash, the I say 6MDH will be a better choice. For 5MDH, 1 long lens mounted, 1 short and a flash will fit in just nice. :)

Last edited:
Think it's patriot. Made in Taiwan.
Patriotis branded lah.

Not as huge as Kingston nor Sandisk, but there is 1 period of time where is DDR memory for PC is best value for money.

Hi,

Considering to get a tripod.. Any recommendation?

budget?

Wait for PC show

Hmmmm, thanks man. Any idea when the next PC show would be held? I'm thinking of getting my kit II in two weeks time, so i'm not sure if its worth waiting a few months just so that i can pay more to get a few freebies that i dun need (except the 5MDH). haha. Maybe if the price is not so expensive (around 1500+ for Kit II), i might get the 5MDH separately.

Any idea which retailer offers the best deal in terms of price and quality of service? I'm quite noob la, first time getting DSLR. Used to patronize CS, but i feel their price is a bit too expensive compared to MSC and SLR Rev.

Hello Mates!

I have a NOOB question.

What do you guys usually set your image size & quality to?

I usually upload my pics in Facebook. Would Medium/Fine would be OK?

I love high resolution images but it seems that Large/Fine files is too big... :bsmilie:

Hello Mates!

I have a NOOB question.

What do you guys usually set your image size & quality to?

I usually upload my pics in Facebook. Would Medium/Fine would be OK?

I love high resolution images but it seems that Large/Fine files is too big... :bsmilie:

hi, i'm a noob too. i take my pics in raw+jpeg. if i have time to post process then i can play around with raw. but usually i'm lazy and i just upload in jpeg. large jpeg for me is fine for facebook because fb is notorious in degrading the picture quality imho. you can resize the pics later anyway via picasa or lightroom before uploading.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, thanks man. Any idea when the next PC show would be held? I'm thinking of getting my kit II in two weeks time, so i'm not sure if its worth waiting a few months just so that i can pay more to get a few freebies that i dun need (except the 5MDH). haha. Maybe if the price is not so expensive (around 1500+ for Kit II), i might get the 5MDH separately.

Any idea which retailer offers the best deal in terms of price and quality of service? I'm quite noob la, first time getting DSLR. Used to patronize CS, but i feel their price is a bit too expensive compared to MSC and SLR Rev.

if i'm not wrong, pc show is 10 - 13 june. The crumpler bag with canon logo promo may or may not return.

The crumpler bag can be purchased at the Canon service centre. My wife went to redeem my free gifts told me she saw the bag at $100 i think.

to get the kit II at 1500+ at PC show is unlikely leh. It is available for $1584 at SLR Rev and $1599 at MS color (which I read from previous posts).

:)

i take my pics in Large/Fine quality. I do it in case I need to crop the photo. but I end up not cropping the photos most of the time. Guess Medium/Fine would do the trick.

Any experienced tripod users here? Can tell me what would be the minimum height of a tripod i should get for a 169cm guy?

Why would you want to set the picture quality lower/smaller??
You can resize/crop the photo later in the post process.

For me, I always set it to the highest resolution! And ff the event is very important, I'll shoot RAW+Jpeg.

if i'm not wrong, pc show is 10 - 13 june. The crumpler bag with canon logo promo may or may not return.

The crumpler bag can be purchased at the Canon service centre. My wife went to redeem my free gifts told me she saw the bag at $100 i think.

to get the kit II at 1500+ at PC show is unlikely leh. It is available for $1584 at SLR Rev and $1599 at MS color (which I read from previous posts).

:)

i regretted abit getting the kit lens. both the kit lens isn't sharp enough for 550d sensor. should have buy body only with 15-85 or 17-55 if buget allow. save more money down the road.

Yup.

You need a very good lens for this baby...

i regretted abit getting the kit lens. both the kit lens isn't sharp enough for 550d sensor. should have buy body only with 15-85 or 17-55 if buget allow. save more money down the road.
Just resize to 12MP. No need to pixelpeep.

Hello all, I intend to get a Canon 550D (body only), but I have no idea which lens to get because I want to get something slightly better than the kit lens. Any suggestion? A colleague suggested Canon 17-40mm F4.

Status
Not open for further replies.