Official Canon 550D User Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! Thanks for sharing.

Actually what does the Rebel T2i tag represent? Those US sets will have the Rebel tag on the body itself? What's the difference between Rebel T2i and Kiss X4 Digital?

no difference. they are the same model! even the manual is the same

Different names are just for Canon Marketing to suit various region. :)

Great! Thanks for sharing.

Actually what does the Rebel T2i tag represent? Those US sets will have the Rebel tag on the body itself? What's the difference between Rebel T2i and Kiss X4 Digital?
Who say there is no difference between 550D, Rebel T2i and Digital KissX4??
The badge on the camera and packaging is obviously different. :bsmilie:

Well, if u read ur user manual, u will know they are the same thing with different name.

"Hi, my International Name is EOS 550D. I am known as Rebel T2i when I am in USA and I have a Japanese name called KissX4 as well."

Well, if u read ur user manual, u will know they are the same thing with different name.

"Hi, my International Name is EOS 550D. I am known as Rebel T2i when I am in USA and I have a Japanese name called KissX4 as well."

hehe of course the badges are different. :) also the power plugs that came with it :bsmilie:

hehe of course the badges are different. :) also the power plugs that came with it :bsmilie:

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

hahah... different holes in different countries ya.

can any 550D user advice what brand of the SD card did u get from the shop? or do u redemmed it from Canon SC? what will be the brand? Just wondering if the shop will "swap" it with a cheapo SD card?

can any 550D user advice what brand of the SD card did u get from the shop? or do u redemmed it from Canon SC? what will be the brand? Just wondering if the shop will "swap" it with a cheapo SD card?
ITs usually Pendrive. Sometimes Kingston.

Always Class 4, never class 6

ITs usually Pendrive. Sometimes Kingston.

Always Class 4, never class 6

Sorry for posing such a noob question, but what's the difference between a Class 4 and Class 6 SD card?

And how does it affect the performance of the 550D? Only the movie function right?

There is a Sandisk Extreme which is a class 10. Price > $70 from CP. 8GB

Sorry for posing such a noob question, but what's the difference between a Class 4 and Class 6 SD card?

And how does it affect the performance of the 550D? Only the movie function right?

Not only in the movie function. Also if you're shooting in continuous mode, your buffer will fill up quickly on a slow SD card.

when i bought my 550D from SLR Rev, they gave me the 8g memory + eos bag, dont have to go canon to redeem woh

hi i am newbies here with canon 550D with kit (ef s18-135 is) :)

hi all, i just bought a non branded SDHC card. class 10, 16GB at $79 dollars. Let me try this out for my taiwan trip tomorrow and post my findings when im back ya. If its ok and you guys like to get it, I see if I can get a grp buy price or if its available in Taiwan at a better price ya. Cos the card is made in taiwan. =p

Hi guys,

I have more newbie questions. Why is it that:

1) when I take photos of my object with the view finder, the preview on my LCD will show a slightly bigger shot. Eg, my object fits nicely in my view finder but the preview photo on the lcd is smaller. I hope I had described it correctly. If bros here cannot understand, I may have to post some pictures :D

2) I can focus on my object almost instantly when I use the view finder but when I use live view, the focusing takes awhile longer? Can see the lens move for quite a while.

Thanks.

hi all, i just bought a non branded SDHC card. class 10, 16GB at $79 dollars. Let me try this out for my taiwan trip tomorrow and post my findings when im back ya. If its ok and you guys like to get it, I see if I can get a grp buy price or if its available in Taiwan at a better price ya. Cos the card is made in taiwan. =p

Please be careful if you bought the non branded card.

Before your trip, you might want to try to fill-up your memory (from pc, copy big files by using card reader), and copy back to the computer (in different folder). Afterwards, see if the files that you just copied are okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.