Official Canon 550D User Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just got a 550D after using 20D for many years. Last night when I tried using my Sigma EF-500 DG Super flash on the 550D, I had problems getting the flash triggered. Very erratic behaviour - most of the time flash is not triggered. But when it does the flash burst at full power.

Any Sigma EF-500 DG Super owners here? Mind sharing if your flash works with the 550D? Many thanks.

I have EF-500 DG but the flash mount is faulty.

No problems triggering wirelessly with my Nissin Di866 though.

I have EF-500 DG, no problem with it.

HVB88, may I know is your sigma flash EO-TTL or EO-TTL II? Whats the first 3 digit of the serial no. on your unit? Mine is EO-TTL and serial no. starts with 500xxxx. I called up Sigma and the lady claimed mine could be too old and will have to check and revert....*fingers crossed*

anyone using Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG OS or Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG MACRO on their 550D? How is it?

wondering if i should get the one with Optical stabilzation, but think back again i normally use it in the day... should be ok if i get the one without the Optical stabilzation. And if i have to use at night, i can always use a tripod..

any advice ?

Guys, just wondering the retail Lpe8 battery 1120mAh?I checked phottix is 1400mAh

LOL ~ I realised the confusion now.

thewickedgirl : might want to check out flash techniques...think currently only the 580EX series for canon able to have Stroboscopic flash // Multi Mode allowing you to have that multi exposure look.

In 550D body function wise...no cannot :)

The newly released Yongnuo YN-468 can strobe, supports E-TTL and have a whole bag of functions. Price USD100-120. Seriously considering it.

Quicktime MOV format
• 1080P (1920 x 1080) Full HD video capture at 30/25/24 fps up to 12 min clips
• 720P video capture at 60/50 fps up to 12 min clips
• 4:3 standard TV quality (SD) video capture at 640 x 480 pixels and 60/50 fps up to 29 min and 59 sec

quoted from http://www.digitalreview.ca/content/Canon-Rebel-T2i-EOS-550D-Compared-to-Nikon-D90.shtml
can someone verify tis. TIA.

Anyone got the RC-6 wireless remote compatible for our 550D? Where to buy and how much?

Does anyone know whether RC-5 is also compatible? If not, what third party wireless remote do you recommend?

Thanks for the polite and helpful responses :)

Anyone got the RC-6 wireless remote compatible for our 550D? Where to buy and how much?

Does anyone know whether RC-5 is also compatible? If not, what third party wireless remote do you recommend?

bro, where u saw the RC-6? I only saw RC-5 at canon website.

I ordered a third party one, but it hasn't reached me. Will post results of it upon receiving it :p

anyone using Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG OS or Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG MACRO on their 550D? How is it?

wondering if i should get the one with Optical stabilzation, but think back again i normally use it in the day... should be ok if i get the one without the Optical stabilzation. And if i have to use at night, i can always use a tripod..

any advice ?

I'm using a Sigma 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 APO macro lens, it's rather old (about 15 years? my aunt used to own it when she had a film SLR)

tried one day in the evening at 300mm, managed to get pretty sharp shots, but I think in the end it depends on how stable YOU are. I'll try and see if i can dig something up, but pics are at home.

bro, where u saw the RC-6? I only saw RC-5 at canon website.
Found the info here.

I ordered a third party one, but it hasn't reached me. Will post results of it upon receiving it :p
Would you mind sharing the details of that item? That is, what model/brand, how much and where was that purchased? :D TIA!

Anyway, I got the info I was looking for here. It seems RC-5 is still compatible with our 550D. But the RC-6 has an additional feature. So I'm still looking forward to that third party remote you are saying ;)

Last edited:
Found the info here.

Would you mind sharing the details of that item? That is, what model/brand, how much and where was that purchased? :D TIA!

Anyway, I got the info I was looking for here. It seems RC-5 is still compatible with our 550D. But the RC-6 has an additional feature. So I'm still looking forward to that third party remote you are saying ;)

Thanks for the link. I'm also interested to get a remote. Would like to hear more reviews before deciding on this, the RC-5 or even the 3rd party. Will track this thread :D

I'm using a Sigma 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 APO macro lens, it's rather old (about 15 years? my aunt used to own it when she had a film SLR)

tried one day in the evening at 300mm, managed to get pretty sharp shots, but I think in the end it depends on how stable YOU are. I'll try and see if i can dig something up, but pics are at home.

Found the info here.

Thanks for the link. I'm also interested to get a remote. Would like to hear more reviews before deciding on this, the RC-5 or even the 3rd party. Will track this thread :D

img3314e.jpg

img3320a.jpg

just received it today! muahahaha. tested it out, feel ok to me tho.. this model is friend recommend to me becos they tried original canon ones and this, no difference.. just branding. i seriously forget exactly where i get it from, will check it out and get back to you guys.

edit : got it from dealextreme.com

Status
Not open for further replies.