Official Canon 550D User Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, the remote must be pointing to the IR receiver in the body...

Btw, for me I use canon RC1.

yeah less than 10.

the wireless one works fine on 550D? we have an infra sensor in front of the cam, which means we have to stand in front to use that remote?

wah! Now have to consider which one to buy. :dunno:

yup, the remote must be pointing to the IR receiver in the body...

Btw, for me I use canon RC1.

bro, can point to the IR receiver but still remain out of the view finder? Cos I want to use it to take night shots and instead of pressing the camera shutter, the remote can prevent movement that may affect the pictures.

i was referring to wireless (IR) remote that's why i was considering RC 6 and RC 5. i feel that using a wired remote will still cause some vibrations especially when the shutter is set to BULB.
I'd got my Canon RC-6 from Orient Photo. It does not need a receiver.. all u need to do is just press the remote, it straight shutters ! I love it.. and it's not expensive... $37 !
thanks for the tip!:)

I got a third-party remote from an ebay trader. Got it when they were quoting in USD, think was < USD4 shipped. This is their current listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/IR-Remote-Contr...mAccess_RL&hash=item20b0b768f0#ht_2411wt_1137
I think it is similar to the RC-6 (I haven't tried a RC-6), but it will fire the shutter, also has 2-second delay button. Have to enable infra-red remote control on the 550D for it to work. It also has zoom buttons which is suppose to work for other Canon cameras such the G11.

They have other remotes too, I think one looks like a RC-6. I am not bothered
very cool alternative! but i've had bad experience with ebay just recently. and i can't wait that long. still i might consider it..

haha me too

I also recently got an 3rd party IR - about like 5 or 6 sgd?

One thing I don't like is the Line-Of-Sight very narrow...so sometimes press button don't trigger the shoot ;(

Will aim to get wireless when I get more pro..

haha yeah decide..

for me wired one i think it depends on how you hold the remote and excess wire.. i don't think it will cause vibrations tho, depends on individual rather.

didn't get a wireless one becos at times when i take and compose my shot at night, my tripod is near the edge already, there's no way for me to be in the LOS of the camera thus decided try out the wired one.. so far so good ;p

if it's not from ebay, where did you get it from?

Huh? Ebay lor.

Anyway the mass sales got sell these too...if you're not too keen on buying from ebay :bsmilie:

Huh? Ebay lor.

Anyway the mass sales got sell these too...if you're not too keen on buying from ebay :bsmilie:
LOL was just asking if u bought it from a shop and if you can refer..:kok: but again another one from eBay. i have doubts buying from there since my last incident!

bro, can point to the IR receiver but still remain out of the view finder? Cos I want to use it to take night shots and instead of pressing the camera shutter, the remote can prevent movement that may affect the pictures.

Can.

Because the receiver sensor is in the grip area, you could just point your remote from the right side (using right hand).

I also recently got an 3rd party IR - about like 5 or 6 sgd?

One thing I don't like is the Line-Of-Sight very narrow...so sometimes press button don't trigger the shoot ;(

Will aim to get wireless when I get more pro..

3rd party IR = wireless? The LOS narrow maybe because 3rd party bah.

Can.

Because the receiver sensor is in the grip area, you could just point your remote from the right side (using right hand).

thanks! Then likely I will settle for a wireless one straightaway.

3rd party IR = wireless? The LOS narrow maybe because 3rd party bah.

Wireless. Ya IR is a form of wireless, but you need Line of Sight. The other type of wireless you don't need to be in front of the camera

I don't think so it's because it's 3rd party ba. Anyhow I find IR not so reliable. But is the cheapest so far!

LOL was just asking if u bought it from a shop and if you can refer..:kok: but again another one from eBay. i have doubts buying from there since my last incident!

I see. Then head over to the mass sales section ba. But they're probably selling the same thing, maybe only 2 or 3 sgd more.

is there anyone using aputure combo ? please share your experience ...

For radio wireless trigger, it is higher chances other people will 'disturb' your camera since the range is very broad (100m?).

Especially when there is event like fireworks (or where a lot of photog gathering)...

just my thought.

Hi guys. Please pardon me if this is the wrong section to ask.

I am going to get a 550D soon but i have no idea which shop has the best deal. So I would like to get some recommendations from you guys. Thanks alot. :)

Hi guys. Please pardon me if this is the wrong section to ask.

I am going to get a 550D soon but i have no idea which shop has the best deal. So I would like to get some recommendations from you guys. Thanks alot. :)

check our price guide forum, call / email those shops.. I bought it KIT II 550D, $1584 from SLR Rev Funan

For radio wireless trigger, it is higher chances other people will 'disturb' your camera since the range is very broad (100m?).

Especially when there is event like fireworks (or where a lot of photog gathering)...

just my thought.

I second that. :)

I second that. :)

And on second thoughts, I think I will get a 3rd party wired and probably a 3rd party wireless one as well.

The prices on dealextreme are in USD? How long did it take to reach u?

Status
Not open for further replies.