Nikon Df - the new King of High ISO performance ?

Not sure about that. At any rate, warranty is not an issue. If there is a problem, just send it to Nikon(M), cos I frequent travel up north. Have a home in Malacca and many relatives in KL. Got my D800, 50mm/1.4, 70-200/f4 and a few other stuff there and had no problem with all of them. If there will be a problem with the Df, got to deal with it. Its not that it has totally no warranty. Thanks for the info though...

Foto berlian at Angsana Plaza JB offered me RM 7700...

Body only or kit? Even body only also cheap wor.. here think 3.3k right?

Don't know about you all but I think $300 is fair to pay for local warranty. Just one trip to service centre might cost more than the money saved already. Unless you are prepared to travel up north to claim the warranty if things happened.

$3.3k+ can get kit already. Body only should be probably <$3.2k. ;)

err bro, where to get $3.3k with kit??

Got quote at $3.3k... but without GST..... add 7%... still $3.5k++.....

err bro, where to get $3.3k with kit??

Got quote at $3.3k... but without GST..... add 7%... still $3.5k++.....

ya lo everywhere i checked kit is 3.5k+ ... if can get that price with GST can share with us ?
That's the price I paid to one of my regular dealers for the last kit set he had from the first batch. He does not want to be named as Nikon Singapore has told all authorised dealers not to give big discounts for the Df despite the huge mark-up between the dealers' price and the RRP. He doesn't want unhappy shoppers to complain to Nikon about him if he did not want to sell it to them at these prices which he said he only offers to his regular customers at this time.

That said, every time he sells me something at a 'special' price, I would find that not long after, other popular dealers would be offering at similar if not slightly better prices for the same items as well. So the price is not that special after all it would seem. ;)

So I would suggest that for those who are keen on the Df to approach your regular dealers with whom you have a longstanding relationship and ask for it at those prices. I am told that stocks should be in this week and it would certainly be a good time to bargain for a special price while there's plenty of stock available. Luckily this time round the Df is not as popular as the D800/800E when they were first launched and the dealers might be more inclined to offer bigger discounts sooner than later. ;)

Thought the usual discounted price is 90% of RRP that brings it to $3599 (kit set). If you're really regular they'll knock another 5% off the 90% price and bring it to $3420. Unless they lelong in which case the abyss is the limit (not so soon I expect). That'd be what I expect from the regular outlets. Not HN or Courts.

Last edited:
This is my own high ISO cat image.
ISO 6400 is about as high as I would like to go and this is only if the camera is the Df. ISO 6400 from the D800E is nothing like this.

I'm in the midst of saving my $ and almost there to grab a D800
Is the ISO from D800 really that bad to compare to DF?

If you guys / gals has an option of choosing either one from these two cameras,
which one would it be? and why ? ... thanks

I'm in the midst of saving my $ and almost there to grab a D800 Is the ISO from D800 really that bad to compare to DF? If you guys / gals has an option of choosing either one from these two cameras, which one would it be? and why ? ... thanks

Honestly I think it will still be DF for me. The D800 is still a very capable camera and a top one but my days of lugging such a heavy set up is over now that my girl is out. The DF is lighter, smaller with great IQ and a low light monster. Suits all my needs. Just my two cents. :)

Honestly I think it will still be DF for me. The D800 is still a very capable camera and a top one but my days of lugging such a heavy set up is over now that my girl is out. The DF is lighter, smaller with great IQ and a low light monster. Suits all my needs. Just my two cents. :)

no doubt it has D4 sensor.
but it has 600/610 specs and its over priced!
These are the reasons why Im looking at 800

Im not looking down at DF. Its a great camera with D4 sensor and half the price of D4 too . :lovegrin:
I just want my $ to be well spent :embrass:
and also this is going to be my first FX :embrass:

Last edited:
no doubt it has D4 sensor. but it has 600/610 specs and its over priced! These are the reasons why Im looking at 800 Im not looking down at DF. Its a great camera with D4 sensor and half the price of D4 too . :lovegrin: I just want my $ to be well spent :embrass:
It's just that the Df came after the D800 that you think this way. If the D800 came after, you'd think why pay the same price for a D700 with inferior sensor to Df.

It's just that the Df came after the D800 that you think this way. If the D800 came after, you'd think why pay the same price for a D700 with inferior sensor to Df.

I agree. It's really a matter of perspective honestly. ;)

no doubt it has D4 sensor.
but it has 600/610 specs and its over priced!
These are the reasons why Im looking at 800

Im not looking down at DF. Its a great camera with D4 sensor and half the price of D4 too . :lovegrin:
I just want my $ to be well spent :embrass:

Toyota with Ferrari engine? Hee... ultimately its the IQ that matters right? Hee.. D800 has its downsides too... heavier body, enormous file size etc...

It's just that the Df came after the D800 that you think this way

sorry , that's not the reason
If so, I might as well get 610 :)