Nikon Df - the new King of High ISO performance ?

Another reason why Nikon Df can be called as King of High ISO Performance:

Link: http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikon-df/8
1. Increase the ISO to 25600
2. Move the area to be observed on the picture on nun admiring a painting on the left hand side
3. Now you can compare between Nikon Df vs Nikon D800 vs Nikon 610 vs Nikon D7100
(sorry to include D7100, because either D4 or D3s is not available for comparison)
4. Please make sure all are compared on the same base ISO, which is 25600

Who is the KING ! :)

looks like the same performance as the D4 to me... no surprises there...

NR & DxOMark crowned Nikon Df as the Lord of Darkness :devil:

Nikon-Df-Lord-of-Darkness.jpg

welcome to the dark side

With nikon, I no longer fear the darkness
looking forward to bringing this baby for a spin

That's not from Df, the images are from D4. Have to wait for actual test. Photographylife is beginning to behave like krw. That fellow hasn't even laid his hands on one already wrote like 7 articles on Df and the accompanying 50mm.

:sweatsm:
Now they have both of D4 and Df,so they can do actual test and update their review as well.

Nikon Df inherits the FX-format CMOS sensor from Nikon’s professional flagship D-SLR, the D4, also its High ISO performance ?.

High ISO images comparison (Nikon Df vs D4)
Image courtesy to photographylife.com

Nikon Df @ISO 25600

Nikon-Df-ISO-25600.jpg

Nikon D4 @ISO 25600

Nikon-D4-ISO-25600.jpg

Nikon Df @ISO 51200

Nikon-Df-ISO-51200.jpg

Nikon D4 @ISO 51200

Nikon-D4-ISO-51200.jpg
]

High ISO images comparison (Nikon Df vs D4)
Image courtesy to photographylife.com

Nikon Df @ISO 102400

Nikon-Df-ISO-102400.jpg

Nikon D4 @ISO 102400

Nikon-D4-ISO-102400.jpg

Nikon Df @ISO 204800

Nikon-Df-ISO-204800.jpg

Nikon D4 @ISO 204800

Nikon-D4-ISO-204800.jpg
]

From my screen referring to the photo above, I see that Nikon Df (released in end of 2013) have surpassed Nikon D4 (released in early of 2012) in term of high iso performance.
I am fully agree with DXOMark about scoring on the Low-Light ISO:
http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Nikon-Df-versus-Nikon-D4___925_767

For your reference when doing comparison:
- You may closely look on the wordings Tron LEGACY on the bottom left and also detail on the ship hull. Nikon Df retain the detail better.
- From ISO 120400 onward, Nikon D4 photo tinted with magenta noise, while Nikon Df is still better.

Not everyone need either 10 fps or 51 AF Points.
(My first DSLR only had 9 AF Points with only 1 cross-type sensor in the centre, max 3fps frame rates, and I could take a good picture with it.)

High ISO performance of Df is definitely better than D4, with half of the D4 price.
Within 1.5 years time, Nikon have made great improvement.
Well done Nikon :thumbsup:

This is my own high ISO cat image.
ISO 6400 is about as high as I would like to go and this is only if the camera is the Df. ISO 6400 from the D800E is nothing like this.

original.jpg

1/125s f/4.0 at 105.0mm ISO 6400

I have been sold to the idea! Got me the Df while I was in KL! Shop in KLCC offered me a deal I could not resist... was less than $3k.No chance to go find out the price at BB...

I have been sold to the idea! Got me the Df while I was in KL! Shop in KLCC offered me a deal I could not resist... was less than $3k.No chance to go find out the price at BB...
For kit or body only?

Body only...

So how is it? If I remember correctly you have many cameras... And nice dslr's, compacts, fuji and Sigma. Been enjoying your pics over the years at CS.

Are you also getting the new Sony A7 too - many people now swear against the Nikon DF as being overpriced... What are your thoughts in favour of Nikon DF ?

This is my own high ISO cat image. ISO 6400 is about as high as I would like to go and this is only if the camera is the Df. ISO 6400 from the D800E is nothing like this. 1/125s f/4.0 at 105.0mm ISO 6400

Great shot bro tomcat! Beautiful!

Yes the DF hold the details very well! Am reall excited about this night monster!

Great shot bro tomcat! Beautiful!

Yes the DF hold the details very well! Am reall excited about this night monster!

Other than lesser AF points factor, Nikon Df is the right replacement of Nikon D3s !

So how is it? If I remember correctly you have many cameras... And nice dslr's, compacts, fuji and Sigma. Been enjoying your pics over the years at CS.

Are you also getting the new Sony A7 too - many people now swear against the Nikon DF as being overpriced... What are your thoughts in favour of Nikon DF ?
Not sure you got the right person. I do not hold my old cam after getting one. Only have Nikons and the Olympus pen(stuck in my dri-cabi). Never really post my pics in CS. The Df, well it just reminds me of my FM2 days. After twiddling it for the past few days, kinda feel that it is a bit too small for me.

Street price in Singapore for body only should be about that plus 7% GST with the added benefit of local warranty. :)
Not sure about that. At any rate, warranty is not an issue. If there is a problem, just send it to Nikon(M), cos I frequent travel up north. Have a home in Malacca and many relatives in KL. Got my D800, 50mm/1.4, 70-200/f4 and a few other stuff there and had no problem with all of them. If there will be a problem with the Df, got to deal with it. Its not that it has totally no warranty. Thanks for the info though...

This is my own high ISO cat image.
ISO 6400 is about as high as I would like to go and this is only if the camera is the Df. ISO 6400 from the D800E is nothing like this.

1/125s f/4.0 at 105.0mm ISO 6400

Although I still feel the Df is ex.... but damn the photo it produce is poisonous..... esp from you bro... ;).... btw what lens did you use to shoot the cat??

Although I still feel the Df is ex.... but damn the photo it produce is poisonous..... esp from you bro... ;).... btw what lens did you use to shoot the cat??
Thanks. Street price is more palatable though.
Used the Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G AF-S VR Micro for that shot and these 2 below. Just love the creamy smooth bokeh of this lens.

original.jpg

1/125s f/4.0 at 105.0mm ISO 360

original.jpg

1/125s f/3.0 at 105.0mm ISO 1100

Thanks. Street price is more palatable though.
Used the Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G AF-S VR Micro for that shot and these 2 below. Just love the creamy smooth bokeh of this lens.

1/125s f/4.0 at 105.0mm ISO 360

1/125s f/3.0 at 105.0mm ISO 1100

Oh ya.... 105mm.... yummy lens... ;p