Nikon D90 or Eos 550D?

where did u get this?

d80 came out 2.5 years then d90 came out.

even if a new model come out...its probably gonna be like d90s or smth...with more megapix fill in...

comparing d90 and 550d is irrelevant.

550d has only 1 dials no does not have top lcd panel. this category of camera belongs to the entry level and should be compared to d5000 instead.

d90 is more comparable with 50D. with 2 dials and top lcd. if you are shooting events, or more serious stuff...2 dials and top lcd is a need (not a want). if its just for leisure... just grab the 550d...or even pentax k-x

It just depends on how well you understand your camera body. can always compensate the 2nd dial. Seen events taken with single dial cameras.

Hey bro. i would recommend u to get the 550D. i have try my frenz's 550d. it is gd to use it and it is light to carry ard.;)

If you like Nikon,go for D90
If you like Canon,go for 550D

LOL!

lol what's that suppouse to mean? LOL but yeah after I heard all this info from u guys I think I got somethng in mind aready but still abit confuse about it lol I will do more research thx to all bro and Sis who help me here thx alot

CHEERS

lol what's that suppouse to mean? LOL but yeah after I heard all this info from u guys I think I got somethng in mind aready but still abit confuse about it lol I will do more research thx to all bro and Sis who help me here thx alot

CHEERS

No point you ask this question here.Canon users will say Canon good.Nikon users will say Nikon good...

yeah u got a point here lol ok thx for all the advice really help alot thx so much

yeah u got a point here lol ok thx for all the advice really help alot thx so much

You're welcome.Do tell us which camera you bought(after you have bought) after all this discussion:)

550D is sandwiched between 50D and 500D in Canon's range... (see? 500 + 50 = 550, hence 550D :sweatsm:)
So how much would a 551D cost me? Since it's between 550D and 1D... :bsmilie:
550D's competitor should be D5000.
Well 550D came out some time after D5k so can't really compare...D5k is more like 500D imo.

@topic
I feel Nikon is better at high ISO performance, and Canon is better for video. Those are the 2 most obvious differences. Also the interface of Canon and Nikon quite different, you have to try both before deciding which one you like. Canon more button oriented, Nikon more dial oriented.

I would take the D90... Reason is cuz of the 2nd lcd. For me, that LCD is a must have and i can't go without it. Personally i feel the 550d competition is more towards the D60 kinda line. The single lcd type of cameras. Where else the D300 would be the 50D competition. With the D90 right smack in the middle in a class of its own. Hold the cameras and see which fits you better. Canon and Nikon have different Dials placement, i started with a canon but went over to a nikon. The nikon just felt more comfortable and also easier to navigate in terms of quick settings.

haha thx man cos my fren is using 550D the image is nice i like it as for D90 i dun have fren using it so i can't really test it and best denki and harvy then dun display D90 to have a test one it so its really confusing

haizz.... just get what your friend has lah and close the thread.
Why same...can share lens mah... got it?

I would take the D90... Reason is cuz of the 2nd lcd. For me, that LCD is a must have and i can't go without it. Personally i feel the 550d competition is more towards the D60 kinda line. The single lcd type of cameras. Where else the D300 would be the 50D competition. With the D90 right smack in the middle in a class of its own. Hold the cameras and see which fits you better. Canon and Nikon have different Dials placement, i started with a canon but went over to a nikon. The nikon just felt more comfortable and also easier to navigate in terms of quick settings.

Can't agree even more.

Last edited:
Get 5DMk2 or D700 better......

It just depends on how well you understand your camera body. can always compensate the 2nd dial. Seen events taken with single dial cameras.

1D don't have dial on top.

but my gf using nikon LOL

but my gf using nikon LOL

then you have to choose between your f or gf.... :sweat:

PS. sounded really cliché
PPS. 有他就没有你 :bsmilie: