Nikon D90 or Eos 550D?

D90 of course. Go compare the high iso IQ of both camera. you would be amazed of what D90 can achieve at ISO 3200 compared to 550D.

Of course is buy pentax.

Ok just kidding.
Canon is probably more user friendly. Image quality, is also about the same

mmm user-friendliness is abit subjective, different people prefer different layout/interface.

IQ is not quite the same, Canon squeezed too many pixels onto their small sensor, which results in reduced IQ. Also, more pixels means you need high quality glass to get sharp pics at max resolution. imo the 18 MP is more of a marketing strategy to target the average consumer who knows little about DSLRs and think more MP = better.

Noise performance is also quite subjective, but I prefer the Nikon look, the Canon has alot of colour noise which is irritating. The Nikon may have more or less noise, I don't know, but it looks more smooth and natural because there is less colour noise.

First of all, GOOD question !

But to me, it's the people whom I mixed with, seriously.

When coming to decided DLSRs, I shortlisted Canon EOS 550D and Nikon D90 too. Why ? Cos 7D way to high of my budget, and D300 too.

Also, I found out that my neighbour who has been in photography for few years is using Canon, that's one of the main reason why I got a Canon instead of Nikon ( No offence ). Since now we are both Canon Users, we would meet at the lobby and go out together to shoot and come back together. How great it is ! And any accessories we would discuss, ie, battery grip.. books.. flashes... etc.. location to shoot.. etc .. And since we are both nearby, we could try each other lens.. before deciding whether to buy? value for money ..

Yap, just my share, (no bad intentions)...

Why not choose between a 50D and the D90? That way personally i feel u wouldn't go wrong. Choice between 550d and D90 i will pick d90 without looking back. But between the 50D and a D90 that is a hard choice. And as "brapodam" had mentioned about mega pixels, it is very true. Squeezing so much into an aps-c is pointless. Too much pixel compression and to be realistic, even 6mp is more then sufficient. Shooting at 18m just wastes your memory card space, unless you plan to print photos the size of a wall :) Both cameras will have a different feel. Due to their size of the body...

I agree with the 18 megapixels part, is just a gimmick. But then again the 550d is also extremely intelligent. But i feel that 550d has better noise reduction. Depends on you i guess.

Hi guys im confuse about getting a D90 or 550D? cos i read the review about this cam and the result came out to be super confusing cos both are good. i need u guys who really hands on and compare this cam before to help me out here thx.

and i want to know about the preformance, image quilty, video, and of cos the benefits on them. thx guys...

bro,
this type of question will FOREVER never get u an answer... worse case will only start brand war.. if u have enough $$, buy both so that when u with gf, use Nikon. With friends, use Canon. Trust me, all cam are the same.

hmm ok i think i will get a D90. choosing this is from the help of u all bros and sis here and of cos (my gf using a D80) so we can actually share lens wif each other and we do meet everyday LOL.... but its a sad to hear that SLRR is out of stock for now so i have to wait then :cry:

bro,
this type of question will FOREVER never get u an answer... worse case will only start brand war.. if u have enough $$, buy both so that when u with gf, use Nikon. With friends, use Canon. Trust me, all cam are the same.

Same thing is they take photos... But its like choosing between a honda and toyota. Both will get u where u want to go but are different. Ur first camera brand will probably be your only camera brand.. Canon at least a 50d... and nikon a d90. 550d may be good, i don't know. Just don't like that range. Personal preference.

Same thing is they take photos... But its like choosing between a honda and toyota. Both will get u where u want to go but are different. Ur first camera brand will probably be your only camera brand.. Canon at least a 50d... and nikon a d90. 550d may be good, i don't know. Just don't like that range. Personal preference.

even honda and toyota also got entry, intermediate and hi-end level.. honda jazz=toyota vios, honda civic=toyota camry, honda stream=toyota pinic..:nono:

even honda and toyota also got entry, intermediate and hi-end level.. honda jazz=toyota vios, honda civic=toyota camry, honda stream=toyota pinic..:nono:

Exactly... D90 = Civic Type R, 550D = Vios
Ok maybe thats a little over exaggerated. But i think it gets the point across.
Good choice TS.... GF also has a good camera. Maybe u should get a D60 then she will swap with u cuz of its size ;p

Good choice TS.... GF also has a good camera. Maybe u should get a D60 then she will swap with u cuz of its size ;p

lol would u be so bad to ur gf? give gf lousier cam...Unless her hands like those pri sch kid?

D90 of course. Go compare the high iso IQ of both camera. you would be amazed of what D90 can achieve at ISO 3200 compared to 550D.

I don't fully agree. For the different of 100 plus dollar, the ISO control on the 550D is quite impressive. However, canon is again playing on the MP game.... offering 18MP vs 12MP on the D90.

I wonder who prints picture that big? I know I don't.....

Last edited:

Then why the hell I use a D90 while driving a Vios? KNS, I should be driving the Civic type R, or at least a normal civic......

It's a never ending pro and con argument. Canon vs Nikon. I have been using Nikon and I chose another Nikon because I can use many old lens (manual). Nikon has not changed the mount since introduction of SLR. There is little difference tough with the very old lens (called pre AI. These lens would be too old for most people). For this reason the range available is huge. Some very good lens are going cheap because they are manual. I do not know enough about the mount for Canon and lens adaptability.

Then why the hell I use a D90 while driving a Vios? KNS, I should be driving the Civic type R, or at least a normal civic......

Don't think u read correctly... I put there

D90 = Civic Type R
550D = Vios

Its just an exaggerated metaphor. My own weird logic :D