NIKON D500 - Quick and dirty High ISO noise test

Here's another output between D750 & D500, non scientific comparison, to give you an idea how does the D500 low light performance fare comparing to the FX model at the same price range.

These two are original SOOC, Large Jpeg Fine files unaltered.
Other settings will be as following,

Picture control: STD - 0
In camera NR - All OFF
ADL - Off
WB - Default Auto (Please note that, D500 has a difference WB algo, seems to be more neutral while D750 slightly warmer.)
Exposure: f/8, 1/50s, ISO 6400, AF-S 50mm f/1.8G

Last edited:
Here's another output between D750 & D500, non scientific comparison, to give you an idea how does the D500 low light performance fare comparing to the FX model at the same price range.

These two are original SOOC, Large Jpeg Fine files unaltered.
Other settings will be as following,

Picture control: STD - 0
In camera NR - All OFF
ADL - Off
WB - Default Auto (Please note that, D500 has a difference WB algo, seems to be more neutral while D750 slightly warmer.)
Exposure: f/8, 1/50s, ISO 6400, AF-S 50mm f/1.8G

zoomed in the d500 box. you will see patterns in box more in d500 than in d750 jpeg.

zoomed in the d500 box. you will see patterns in box more in d500 than in d750 jpeg.

I don't think so. I see the patterns more clearly on the D750, but D750 seems noiser.

An obvious difference is that D500 has lost all detail in the black bag (beside the logo) while D750 retains some detail.

wah...51K looks so good!

Agree with you despite D750 more noiser, the D750 give more detail on the bag shadow area than D500.

Just recieved the official word from Nikon
Note that as usual the price stated is RRP

PRICING AND AVAILABILITY – Nikon D500

Nikon is pleased to announce the pricing and availability of its flagship DX-format DSLR camera, the Nikon D500.

The D500 will be available as of today, Tuesday 26 April 2016.
Nikon D500 body only - RRP S$2,999
Nikon D500 (16-80mm VR) kit - RRP S$3,999
Please check stock availability with your Nikon authorised dealers before making a trip down

I just picked mine up. The shop had only received a limited supply - one kit, one body.

Just recieved the official word from Nikon
Note that as usual the price stated is RRP

PRICING AND AVAILABILITY – Nikon D500

Nikon is pleased to announce the pricing and availability of its flagship DX-format DSLR camera, the Nikon D500.

The D500 will be available as of today, Tuesday 26 April 2016.
Nikon D500 body only - RRP S$2,999
Nikon D500 (16-80mm VR) kit - RRP S$3,999
Please check stock availability with your Nikon authorised dealers before making a trip down

Thanks.

I just picked mine up. The shop had only received a limited supply - one kit, one body.

Congrats, don't forget buy XQD card for turbo shoot shoot shoot ..

People on the web now bitching that the D500's DR and ISO only as good as the D7200 - which no one realized was good to start with.

Waiting for those who bought the D500 to give their first impressions...

Waiting for those who bought the D500 to give their first impressions...

Currently most like to show off the machine gun like shooting speed..

It's a thing of beauty to put an XQD card in the D500 and hold the button down; totally different experience to D7200 with a 45 Mbps SD (even if the image looks the same).

Not only that. The Sony XQD G series download super fast too.

People on the web now bitching that the D500's DR and ISO only as good as the D7200 - which no one realized was good to start with.
Haha.. everyone loves to bitch about something. Witness the D5.
But seriously though, what were people realistically expecting of the D500 when the quantum efficiency of the D7200 is already so good.
The D500 maintains this whilst being able to read out at super fast speeds which is a pretty good achievement. There may be some qualitative improvements in the noise though. Bill Claff reported some extremely good fixed pattern noise (lack thereof).