Nikon D3200 users thread

Just a note for all D3200 users, please get a least a class 10 memory card with 30mb/s write speed for smooth performance=)

I had an opportunity to play with D3200 as I rented it last week. I have D700 but I need a video camera for the event.

I briefly tried its photo capability, but I was disappointed that it couldn't focus with a variable ND filter in front (the AF keep hunting & eventually give up). The AF of D700, OTOH, locks on instantly using the same variable ND. I know its unfair to compare prosumer body with entry level, but you just can't help comparing & sometimes frustrated when using both in the field at the same time. I'm sure its a great camera for many people. :D

Anyway I used this camera exclusively for this video & it doesn't disappoint.

[video=youtube;Hs-JkvQejyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs-JkvQejyY[/video]

very nice video! not a video person myself but glad to see such quality from an entry level model dslr

DSC_3932.jpg

wa, lot purple fringing on tokina 11-16mmm

DSC_3932.jpg

wa, lot purple fringing on tokina 11-16mmm

this was 85mm nikon.....i boosted the saturation and vibrance..so the purple might stand out alot

TOKINA 11-16 mm f2.8 dx ii is out people! for those using cameras like the d3200 with out an AF motor,this is a good investment if youre looking for and UWA lens!

very nice video! not a video person myself but glad to see such quality from an entry level model dslr

Thanks, it does have nice video function, besides having audio level meter, its also the only APS-C DSLR from Nikon that have 60fps (720p).

Thanks, it does have nice video function, besides having audio level meter, its also the only APS-C DSLR from Nikon that have 60fps (720p).

yeap, good for doing fluid slow motion videos

seems like d3200 bodies go for around 750 bucks in BnS?

grievor said:
seems like d3200 bodies go for around 750 bucks in BnS?

750 is too high...was at ms color just now...only costs $899 for brand new d3200 with 18-55 kit lens and the usual freebies

trd2970 said:
750 is too high...was at ms color just now...only costs $899 for brand new d3200 with 18-55 kit lens and the usual freebies

Just bargain down a little bit more can already. The 2nd hand bodies are probably not more than a couple of months old either. Still a steal.

loving the 720p 60fps!

Anyone who have bought d3200 recently care to pm me the best offer to buy it from? Thanks!