Nikon 70-200mm f4 G VRIII Next week ;)

if it costs around 1.6-1.9k..

might as well get the sigma 70-200 f2.8 OS

if it costs around 1.6-1.9k..

might as well get the sigma 70-200 f2.8 OS

Expect USD $1200-1450..... thats SGD $1450-1800.

Yeah you can get whatever lens you want, it's your right as the consumer.......... but for me I'll stay clear of Sigma after seeing the new 150mm OS Macro die in the first 30mins of ownership !

Dfive said:
Expect USD $1200-1450..... thats SGD $1450-1800.

Yeah you can get whatever lens you want, it's your right as the consumer.......... but for me I'll stay clear of Sigma after seeing the new 150mm OS Macro die in the first 30mins of ownership !

The dreaded rumored price again... Probably it will be around 2k ++ hehehe

The dreaded rumored price again... Probably it will be around 2k ++ hehehe

lol. which is what i'm expecting it to be. should be somewhat near the 2k+/- 100-200 SGD.

and have to see how heavy this thing is also la. if it weighs as much as or somewhat similar to the f2.8 brother and cousins then what's the point sia.

I waited so long for this lens.. Just 2 weeks ago bought my 80-200 F2.8 :(
Why this thing happening to me?

The 80-200 is reputed to be quite a good lens too. I've read that some users actually prefer this over the 70-200. So it ain't a bad thing. Just have fun using it :)

I've also stayed away from Sigma, bad Service Centre and with only one month repair warranty.

The 80-200 is reputed to be quite a good lens too. I've read that some users actually prefer this over the 70-200. So it ain't a bad thing. Just have fun using it :)

Last week i tried shooting @ botanical garden, It came out very well. Except at the longer focal length, @200mm the poto is smoother.. @155mm it is sharper. Apart from with my D700 AF is fast. But the VR matters.
So if the new 70-200 is more than 2K, i will be happy about my lens :)

avsquare said:
NEVER. Cos the f/4 is NOT a replacement for the f/2.8 model.

Understood Bro...thks.
BTW, happened to ask a shop in town, recommended me a set at $2890!
Wah! So cheap...!!? Oh...grey set he claim...brand new leh!....refused to let me see unless confirmed buying. ..W..A..H.!!!! Itchy. ...itchy. ...itchy. ..!!!

Should be no problem right? ? Grey set.....Pro lens wor!
Some 2nd hand with few months warranty left oso sell this price...humm.....

Hopefully this 70-200 f4 will be lighter and sharp enough and significantly cheaper than 70-200 f2.8 so that I will have a lesser time of saving up money...

lightyear2011 said:
Hopefully this 70-200 f4 will be lighter and sharp enough and significantly cheaper than 70-200 f2.8 so that I will have a lesser time of saving up money...

Don't forget if it is VRIII should be much sharper than f2.8

hope to see lens body construction solid built as the 2.8 with tripod foot & of course Made in Japan :thumbsup:same for 16-35 f4
compare to 24-120 f4 in Thailand :)

Don't forget if it is VRIII should be much sharper than f2.8

if the F4 is sharper then the F2.8 version at F4 i think nikon will be slapping their own face... which i dun think it will happen..

Omega23 said:
if the F4 is sharper then the F2.8 version at F4 i think nikon will be slapping their own face... which i dun think it will happen..

Not necessary, many cheaper lens can be as sharp, but sharpness is not everything.

Omega23 said:

Canon's f4 IS is on par with its f2.8 IS II lens at f4, some even says it's sharper. But the f4 will never be able to do a f2,8, thus not a direct competitor.

Most choose f4 because of price difference. But frankly, for telelenses, having a f2.8 is a big deal as compared to wide lenses. And the differences are apparent when u shoot real time and do prints.

Hopefully it has nano coating, but then again it might increase the price...

I think should have. All F4 lens have nano coating.