Nex 5 lens alternative

heard Chiff's pentax lens quite sharp but might vignette on the larger sensor of NEX5?

never tried before so dont know...
Cine lens will vignette for sure la but not necessary a bad thingy like shown in some of the photos. Cine lens also vignette on m4/3 systems , can't run away de

Love the vignette. But depends on individual.

ordered this lens from ebay and received it within 12 hours :

DSC00103.jpg

Auto focus on the Amount is very slow. However manual focus is Great not able to keep up with action shots.

Have the E18-200, it focses faster and has Steadyshot built in.

But must still say quality of A mount lenses far superior.

Is there a substitute zoom lens for E 18-200 F/3.5-6.3?

Looking for a similar one but at a lower cost....any recommendations?

Thanks

curious but.....issit true..(heard from my friend..) that existing lens used say from A350 can be used on the NEx series using a adapter?

curious but.....issit true..(heard from my friend..) that existing lens used say from A350 can be used on the NEx series using a adapter?

Yes, using the LA-EA1 adapter. Do note though that only SAM and SSM lenses will autofocus.

he using if im not wrong...lets see...

50mm f1.8
a minolta 75-300 lens..

will these fit in?

he using if im not wrong...lets see...

50mm f1.8
a minolta 75-300 lens..

will these fit in?

The 75-300 will be manual focus only.

SAM and SSM lenses can AF on NEX through adaptor

Yes, that is exactly what I said. But the Minolta 75-300 is a screw-driven lens. So before trying to correct me, get the facts right.

Yes, that is exactly what I said. But the Minolta 75-300 is a screw-driven lens. So before trying to correct me, get the facts right.

Paiseh, I only click reply - not trying to correct anybody

Paiseh, I only click reply - not trying to correct anybody

Sorry leh... You quoted me so I thought you were trying to correct me.

Sorry leh... You quoted me so I thought you were trying to correct me.

No problem lah :p
Anyway, The firmware should support another electrical motor like HSM, anybody confirm and test it?

Received my CCTV 35mm f/1.7 today from a nice gentleman here.
So happy with the results. Looks like from an expensive lens! :bsmilie:

_DSC3979.jpg

_DSC3981.jpg

_DSC3976.jpg

No problem lah :p
Anyway, The firmware should support another electrical motor like HSM, anybody confirm and test it?

HSM? Oh, you mean the Sigma term. Well, in theory, yes... Never tried it though.

Hi, Using large zoom lenses (18-200mm) in low light blocks the AF assist beam of the small camera so that AF results in poor quality of IQ.

Hi, Using large zoom lenses (18-200mm) in low light blocks the AF assist beam of the small camera so that AF results in poor quality of IQ.

AF and IQ? I think you mean that you have less sharp shots? IQ for a sharp pic would not be impacted by the AF lamp being blocked.