looking at good bokah effect but not too close like the sony 50mm
toobad sony donth ave in between zoom or prime lens
any recommendations?

fuzzybear said:
anone could recommend a value len for 5n
looking at good bokah effect but not too close like the sony 50mm
toobad sony donth ave in between zoom or prime lens
any recommendations?

Explain wat u mean as not too close like Sony 50mm?

Explain wat u mean as not too close like Sony 50mm?

ahha sorry pardon me
maybe 35mm am looking at
as 50 mm is too tight
lthought the 50mm sony lens is damm sharp

fuzzybear said:
ahha sorry pardon me
maybe 35mm am looking at
as 50 mm is too tight
lthought the 50mm sony lens is damm sharp

At 35mm. Good lenses tat gives u awesome Bokeh? Voigtlander n Leica maybe. D rest can share more if any.

At 35mm. Good lenses tat gives u awesome Bokeh? Voigtlander n Leica maybe. D rest can share more if any.

leica self undersands is expensive ahah

Voigtlander any advice on this model?
and price range i a looking at?
i guss this is manual lens

Do a search, simply read through the forum under Sony/Konica-Minolta and you will have more than enough answers.

What do you mean by 'good bokeh'? There's lots of lenses out there at 35mm.

Do you need a short minimum focusing distance ? Then leicas and voightlanders are out (mfd usually more than 70cm), unless you get helicoid adapters.

Do you need the lenses to be compact ? If so, SLR lenses are out too. If you don't mind their sizes w the adapters, can consider Oly OM, Nikkor, Canon FD, Pentax..

Do you have a budget ?

Personally I like the 1960s Olympus Pen F series for NEX, cuz they are small, have short mfd n the focus length not too difficult to work with (most common pen f lens is the 38mm f1.8 ). But good copies are not easy to find and being old glass, the rendering is a little 'classic', as they lack the special coatings tt modern lens come with.

Last edited:
Thoth said:

You would be surprised how bad the bokeh on Leica lenses can be

You would be surprised how bad the bokeh on Leica lenses can be

Really? Saw some shots from the 35mm F1.4 Summilux... Seems pretty awesome...

Thoth said:
Really? Saw some shots from the 35mm F1.4 Summilux... Seems pretty awesome...

Some lenses have great bokeh. But I've also seen many leica lenses with bad bokeh

if i use a manual lens how will i compose my pictures ?
as 5n dont have a viewfinder or a evf too
will it works on our sony 5n lcd panel to compose?

as in or sony 5n lcd dislay will reflect the effect when we adjust the shutter speed and adapture?

or its like old sch manaul SLR only take the pics then we will know the outcome of the pictures?

Last edited:
yes, the LCD will show what will appear on your pic, like any PNS. if you adjust shutter speed and/or aperture, or other settings like ISO, depending on your shooting mode, the camera will adjust accordingly. eg, if you are in Aperture mode, when you change the aperture on your manual lens, or change the ISO setting on your camera, it will adjust the shutter speed automatically to achieve the 'right exposure'.

As for keeping things in focus, 5N has two features that helps: focus peaking and touchscreen digital zoom. For focus peaking, you can just compose your pic on the LCD, and areas that are in focus will 'shimmer' with yellow colour (or red or white, depending on what color is preset by you). For touchscreen digital zoom, let's say you want to check whether a particular subject is in focus, you just touch the LCD screen where the object is shown, and the camera will do a 'digital zoom' or 'crop' that shows that particular area you touch only, so that you can adjust your focusing ring to make sure the details are in focus. Then, once you are happy, shoot. Or if you want to check composure again, half-depress to get out of the 'cropped image' to show the original image, re-compose, then shoot.

it's the perfect camera for manual lens. go youtube or browse thru the clubsnap forum, n u will learn more. Or even better, go down to the shop to try out.

ya but no will those shop seling manual lsens et us try it manual lens on our SONy 5n?

fuzzybear said:
ya but no will those shop seling manual lsens et us try it manual lens on our SONy 5n?

U can try asking. No harm anyway if u look sincere in buying.

Alternatively, you can scout ebays for legacy manual lenses. Can be Canon FD, Nikon AIS, Pentax , Olyumpus OM , Minolta MC . Some of these have nice bokeh and wont cost you a bomb as well.