[News} Sony’s a7S Full-Frame Camera Realises a New World of Imaging Expression

Hi

1. Most people bot the A7 and A7R already and is not prepared to switch to A7s, so I think the number of A7s is very few compared to her brothers.
2. If there is a used set, I think a lot of people will jump in and switch from their A7 or A7R, so if u know someone with A7s, prob a lot of people 'chop' the set liao.
3. A7s used at good price, unlikely cos of demand. If close to new price, buy new.

Price I dunno, dont bother to call the shop cos not buying. Happy shopping bro.

Was thinking of changing to A7s during the promo period, but after trying it out at Sony shop I was not happy with resolution, being spoiled by the A7r, so dropped the plan and staying with A7r.

But that's just me. Many others are quite happy switching to the A7s.

Was thinking of changing to A7s during the promo period, but after trying it out at Sony shop I was not happy with resolution, being spoiled by the A7r, so dropped the plan and staying with A7r.

But that's just me. Many others are quite happy switching to the A7s.

I have the D800 and frankly I hated its resolution cuz it takes up so much memory and slows down editing for close to zero adv. The only practical use for the 36MP to me is for cropping if I framed incorrectly....

Anyone knows whats the latest firmware for A7S? The same as A7, A7R i.e. 1.02? or no update yet.

I bought the A7S. This video is what convinced me to upgrade to A7S.

The entire shoot took place between 12:30 AM- 2:00 AM.The first scene was shot at 1/25th, f/1.4, 25,600 ISO, the second scene was shot at 1/25th, f/1.4, 32,000 ISO

The settings for the rest of the video were around 1/30th, f/1.4, ISO 12,800.

[video=vimeo;105690274]http://vimeo.com/105690274[/video]

To give you a perspective of how dark it was, heres a photo behind the scenes.

$15008344887_27a7ddf686.jpg

Its amazing.

got it during the sony cashback offer last month. Around 2565 @ SLRR for body and 1100 (cant rmb) for SEL2470.

got it during the sony cashback offer last month. Around 2565 @ SLRR for body and 1100 (cant rmb) for SEL2470.
that's a smashing deal

that's a smashing deal

Yeah real cheap for a full frame camera that performs splendidly in the dark. Looking for a 50mm lens and a longer telephoto lens to complete my "starter kit".

Any reccomendations anyone??

Yeah real cheap for a full frame camera that performs splendidly in the dark. Looking for a 50mm lens and a longer telephoto lens to complete my "starter kit". Any reccomendations anyone??
The 55mm f1.8 is a stellar lens..

I am also looking for a telephoto lens..

Waiting for other bro to recommend..

Hi guys, I just ordered an A7s from techno gadgets and am eager to get shooting with it.

Just need some advice on what adapter is good for canon mounts?

I shoot mainly in manual mode, so do I still need to get like the metabones adapter? Cuz that's super ex and I don't feel it's worth it

I'm shooting with a zeiss Otus 55mm and distagon 28 f2.

AF is not really important for me. Please recommend a good adapter. I just want one that works properly and doesn't give me problems when I shoot weddings with it

Last edited:
Hi if your Otus is EF mount, u need an electronic adapter that can help you adjust aperture.

Damn, so i guess it's either techart or metabones for me then right? How common is it to have lens errors? I read that some people shoot half way, then the screen can blank out for a long while that kind of thing..

Hi guys, I just ordered an A7s from techno gadgets and am eager to get shooting with it.

I shoot mainly in manual mode, so do I still need to get like the metabones adapter? Cuz that's super ex and I don't feel it's worth it

AF is not really important for me. Please recommend a good adapter. I just want one that works properly and doesn't give me problems when I shoot weddings with it

you have a pricey lens, and you would rather risk it with a cheap adaptor? like SNAPDINER said, you need a lens mount adaptor with electronic control. currently your best option with electronic aperture control is the Metabones IV

I guess metabones iv it is then. Where's a good place in Singapore to get it? Cathay has it listed on their website for $555

TK the last time I asked, they don't have stock.

Walking around Funan today. Most shops r out of stock for a7s.

Do you know when Techo gadget stock coming in? Local sets? Need to put down payment?

Thanks.

Did u try Cathay? I got it there late last week after calling quite a few shops. Almost gave up until someone suggested to give Cathay a try.

Did u try Cathay? I got it there late last week after calling quite a few shops. Almost gave up until someone suggested to give Cathay a try.

Hehehhe glad you joined the club!