[News} Sony’s a7S Full-Frame Camera Realises a New World of Imaging Expression

I can confirm that none of the 28 Elmarits work well with the A7s. The Summarits and WATE are fine.

Thanks for all the replies. I went ahead with the 35mm FE. Was toying with the idea of the M-mount lenses since I already have some but a bit hesitant to plonk the money for the Voigtlander adapter. Guess I would wait for the 28mm FE next year!

Thanks for all the replies. I went ahead with the 35mm FE. Was toying with the idea of the M-mount lenses since I already have some but a bit hesitant to plonk the money for the Voigtlander adapter. Guess I would wait for the 28mm FE next year!

Gratz, it's a good lens for the price, very portable and easy to use!

Hi, got some questions regarding picture profiles :

1. When shooting stills, do u set the pp or off it? Which profile do u recommend & why? I know it depends on preference but would like to what's the favorite pp used by bros here.

2. For pp7 videos, do I need to do post processing in the pc as per recommended in the manual? " S-Log2: Gamma curve for [S-Log2]. This setting is based on the assumption that the picture will be processed after shooting."

Advance thanks to bros responding to the qns.

2. For pp7 videos, do I need to do post processing in the pc as per recommended in the manual? " S-Log2: Gamma curve for [S-Log2]. This setting is based on the assumption that the picture will be processed after shooting."

Advance thanks to bros responding to the qns.

I'm new to the A7s too, what I understand so far is that PP7 requires to be processed/graded and exposed properly in order to reap the full benefits (full 14 stops DR). Another factor is that the base ISO when shooting in S-Log2 is 3200.

I've recently been reading up, found these links a helpful introduction to understanding S-Log2:
Exposing and Using S-Log2 on the Sony A7s
http://youtu.be/jRI40Gl4I8g

I'm new to the A7s too, what I understand so far is that PP7 requires to be processed/graded and exposed properly in order to reap the full benefits (full 14 stops DR). Another factor is that the base ISO when shooting in S-Log2 is 3200.

I've recently been reading up, found these links a helpful introduction to understanding S-Log2:
Exposing and Using S-Log2 on the Sony A7s
http://youtu.be/jRI40Gl4I8g

Thanks bro. Will check it out.