[News} Sony’s a7S Full-Frame Camera Realises a New World of Imaging Expression

ur heart already change...so go for A7S. :bsmilie:

another evil bro..... :bsmilie:.... but I like.....

Will prob use the A7 for a while and see how..... maybe just get the A7s as a "二房“ 。。。。。。:embrass:

Now I am tempted with this A7S.... :confused:..............not sure if it is wise to replace my A7 with the A7S...... I usually shoot indoor, not dark dark but our home lighting..... I also tend to use flash and no.... I dont usually shoot high ISO..... 4K video is a good to have but not necessity.... but I love word "sharp"... ;).... maybe I do something wrong.... using my A7 and FE55, out of 10, maybe only 1 to 2 the focus is spot on..... :dunno:

It all depends on the subject. If the subject is stationary, the a7s+55mm AF is close to 100% accuracy in all sort of lightings, even those that my D800 fails to acquire lock.

For moving subject it is harder as the DOF is think and the subject distance could have changed after the camera acqurie lock. With lousy CAF, the a7s cannot compensate well for motion.

I think the 4k video is not really a factor as you cannot record it anyway. The 1080p video supposedly is very very good as it downsamples from the 4K image. Of course, the insane high ISO allows you to record video in the dark. I am waiting for a good video lens

It all depends on the subject. If the subject is stationary, the a7s+55mm AF is close to 100% accuracy in all sort of lightings, even those that my D800 fails to acquire lock.

For moving subject it is harder as the DOF is think and the subject distance could have changed after the camera acqurie lock. With lousy CAF, the a7s cannot compensate well for motion.

I think the 4k video is not really a factor as you cannot record it anyway. The 1080p video supposedly is very very good as it downsamples from the 4K image. Of course, the insane high ISO allows you to record video in the dark. I am waiting for a good video lens

Thank for the explanation bro...... ya I not into video now... maybe later.... was quite excited about the new "Video" lens... but the price is insane..... might as well get a G6 dual lens kit ard $1k+ only.... :dunno:... even GH4 is overkill (and over size....) for my use.... kekekeke....

Hi guys, intend to get A7S to pair a 28mm lens here. Any recommendations for 5he lens i should go for? Prefer can auto focus if possible. Thanks!

When shooting indoor... usually I use flash and set to ISO 100 or 200....... but yesterday try out auto iso and let the iso go up way up and finally see the power of A7S.... ;)

Btw, whats the best bet for Wide angle lens??

Last edited:
When shooting indoor... usually I use flash and set to ISO 100 or 200....... but yesterday try out auto iso and let the iso go up way up and finally see the power of A7S.... ;)

Btw, whats the best bet for Wide angle lens??

Sony FE 16-35/f4 :thumbsup:

Sony FE 16-35/f4 :thumbsup:

thanks bro... but not yet come right??? And I know that one need to sell an arm to get it... :confused:

Btw, love your photos.... :thumbsup:....

Anyone using lecia elmarit-r lens ? 28 or 24mm verison 1 ?

Tks..its 50mm 0.95 mitakon..

hi guys..im planning to get an A7s maybe around Nov/Dec time..would like to know more about the AF performance...i know its not its strong point..but im mainly shooting event like AD..could the AF survive at indoor with subject in normal walking speed??

hi guys..im planning to get an A7s maybe around Nov/Dec time..would like to know more about the AF performance...i know its not its strong point..but im mainly shooting event like AD..could the AF survive at indoor with subject in normal walking speed??

I would not recommend A7 series for any photography indoors AND where motion CANNOT be controlled, just stick with a DSLR and you will not be disappointed.

If youre shooting for pay, I think a dslr is still the safest way to go. Mirrorless cameras are fast closing the gap but I doubt they are reliable enough for indoor events just yet.