Newbies Outing (part 11) - June 26 Saturday, Helix Bridge Sunrise

Amazing group pic! What a beautiful moment when everyone is smiling. Thank you guys very much! Here come some of my shots (edited a bit to make fun : )

4736057056_5fea8958c4_b.jpg

Distortion looms in this (u get see tt most of buildings abt to fall apart, unless this is the "FE" effect u wan), got to take note bro btw.. Nice TS pics :)

Bro, no need to PP already... Very nice :thumbsup:

I am very amazed by the quality of the shots from this outing. It seems many have improved by leaps and bounds. Everyone who has posted so far have done good work. Especially those who joined the last newbie shoot at the barrage, has shown significant improvement. Very encouraged.

BTW, I have started to put some of the stuff I posted on my blog. Posted 2 already, one on correction of color cast when using ND/GND and one about gauging the horizon, both stuff I covered in CS posts. I am writing 2 more, one is a port of the hyperfocal distance thingy I posted last time, and will be doing a quick landscape photographer setup checklist for newbies.

Leveling horizon in complex compositions
Color cast problems caused by ND and GND filters

:thumbsup: for the above links bro.. Believe it would be extremely useful for those who are new to landscape photography :)

Wow! after get the ND106 than start to promote it liao..;)
B + W ND106 rite? Good stuff!:thumbsup:

Not obvious enough? :sweatsm:.. actually i m eyeing ND110 (as well) **shhhhss .. dun tell the rest..** :bigeyes:

4734259537_d2e3dbe7d6_b.jpg

From left to right

1st row squatting/sitting : mitsucolt , Amarzaki, dingaroo, Jimmy (jimjo), wuminlee, winkoo88

2nd row standing : Jacobs, ethanwind, darkhorse00, Marcy, Gina, boyette Dleugene, songws, jetjelly, peterpan, Wildcat

3rd row standing : Scubagolfer, LvChou, ZerocoolAstra, Numnumball , gravism, Chillicrab1

---------------------------------
PS: Finally got all those who was in the picture above ... but not everyone was accounted for.

Thanks Bro.. Updated Boyette friend's names :)

wah... straight out of the cam so power already?

wah... must call you sifu already! :) Please teach us!
We shall wait till DD123 is more free, then can conduct PP lessons.

Yah agreed with bro ZCA.. can promote senior liao.. lol :bsmilie:

A happy ending event :bsmilie:

Enclose is my homework, c&c are welcome

4735801839_2c9fe56cae_b_d.jpg

Nice shot Keyson.. But watch ur exposure levels (esp those construction lights on tight, 1 tad overexposed.. a black card might be useful in this kind of situation, if not layer blend to reduce if u had taken any bracketed exposures :)

Love the blue.. and if only there's aint any wind.. with those still n complete reflections, it will be even better :lovegrin:

I am very amazed by the quality of the shots from this outing. It seems many have improved by leaps and bounds. Everyone who has posted so far have done good work. Especially those who joined the last newbie shoot at the barrage, has shown significant improvement. Very encouraged.

BTW, I have started to put some of the stuff I posted on my blog. Posted 2 already, one on correction of color cast when using ND/GND and one about gauging the horizon, both stuff I covered in CS posts. I am writing 2 more, one is a port of the hyperfocal distance thingy I posted last time, and will be doing a quick landscape photographer setup checklist for newbies.

Hi Bertz,

Are you referring to me? How about some comments on my photos. Too bad I didn't get to learn from you that day.

And great work on both the articles, really informative. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Regards,
SONGWS

Distortion looms in this (u get see tt most of buildings abt to fall apart, unless this is the "FE" effect u wan), got to take note bro btw.. Nice TS pics :)

Thanks Numnumball :D, can it be nicer if I shift to the right a bit and shoot? I am not so good in finding a right shooting position :sweat:

Checked in late..wow..so the BBB virus came back and haunt most of us aft the outing..

Enough said, i also got myself a 6 Stop ND filter from Henessey :lovegrin::lovegrin::lovegrin:

I should really ask Henessy for commission :embrass:

Thanks Numnumball :D, can it be nicer if I shift to the right a bit and shoot? I am not so good in finding a right shooting position :sweat:

Tt the ting abt uwa.. It's take almost eveything in..
It's all abt balancing focal points n key elements..
If emphasis is more on MBS..suggest u move more to the left n correct those 'slanted buildings' post

hi bros just want to share my pics last satrday at helix brdge..
C&C are welcome,,sorry for the late post of my pics,,hehehe

4738435545_c12dd49e6b_b.jpg

4738429135_ee2486bb1a_b.jpg

Thanks ;) were just discussing with dleugene about B+W 486 and how it only works for 60° angle of view :sweat: for $180... wish it could be more useful. Lucky neither of us has bought yet!

Thanks, but didn't get any pre-sunrise shot. Guess I'll go there again either Wednesday or Thursday. Even wildcat got prominence on my collage!

Wah... ya lor. How come I come out so big in your collage one?

Throw one back to you...

WC3
4739531922_a6365c82a2_b.jpg