Newbie here needs help on dust issue on sensor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
David said:
Sounds cool. But I wouldn't risk my sensor with an unknown brand name! You never know the quality of the solution or the swab.

But interesting site. Wonder who are the people started it.

Actually the guy who started the business is a member (quite long one also) here..

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=141721

I've even met him once about 1-2 yrs ago before he started this business.. :)

you guys wun scratch the sensor if you clean it anyhow. What you're cleaning/scratching is the LPF or AA filter. That piece can be changed if it's scratched.

Priscilia said:
Hi all,

I'm new in Clubsnap. Hope to get some guidance here. Hee... :)

Is there a good way to clean the digital cam sensor to remove dust? I've been sharing my brother's Canon DSLR using blower but I find it ineffective. Read about many different other methods such as using alcohol swabs, brushes and all that. I'm kinda timid in trying out all these! Afraid I might scratch the surface.

Will be getting my own cam (hopefully soon!) so would like to check out on some good methods of cleaning. Anyone with bad experience to share also? (Hope not! :sweat: )

Thank u!!!

1. canon CMOS sensor will not gather dust so easily. only CCD is more prone to dust
2. for cleaning, send to canon. anything gone wrong, blame them.

user111 said:
1. canon CMOS sensor will not gather dust so easily. only CCD is more prone to dust
Wah... where you got that information? Care to share? Maybe I will change my CCD to CMOS :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

stk said:
Actually the guy who started the business is a member (quite long one also) here..

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=141721

I've even met him once about 1-2 yrs ago before he started this business.. :)

hehe :) reviving an old thread? hehehe Yes, I'm the owner of PPCP and I designed the 'budget sensor swabbing kit'. Made in the USA... fluid is basically eclipse - simply repackaged after purchasing in bulk for the convenience of all you guys. Same thing but cheaper. Swabs are lint free and packed in clean environment... you decide though! cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.