New Panasonic Sensor + model rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
These companies need to report their results quarterly, and they need to generate more and more revenue because that is investors expectations. So the new products with new features/improvement will continue to be out every other few months. This is the rule of the game in a capitalist world. And the customer/consumer also has a part to play in this. People get bored so easily nowadays, after having a camera for 1 year, already itchy finger and looking over the fence on the next new cameras. Imagine Panasonic or Olympus stop releasing new model of camera for 1 year, you will hear an uproar for sure.

Frankly, I see that the digital photography had reach some level of maturity since almost a decade. Mega pixel race is slowing down, while some retro, small form factor start to being explore. Improve video, high ISO and dynamic range is probably the next battle front for the next few years. I'm waiting for Fujifilm to bring their EXR to DSLR & m43 very soon. And Nikon/Canon/Sony may have their compact APS/m43 dipping in to prevent domination by Panasonic/Olympus on this segment as well.

Anyway, as photo enthusiast, we should enjoy the output of these competition and innovations.

Maybe pro-spec m43. Weathersealed, build-in EVF, faster AF, etc. :devil:

Probably won't overlap the EP-2.

Well, seems like thing arent as we predicted until officially launch. The 43rumors posted some fake Olympus new model image.

6dc8d4c5.jpg

From what can be seen, it's still in compact?? But with more features as Built-in VF and Flash, perhaps it's EP3? Are Oly playing toys with his customer as like past Nokia phone style? (add FM-receiver and new model, add GPS & new model, add cam MP and new model ==)

This is putting EPx users in struggle again...:dunno:

New sensor means new E-Pro coming... :lovegrin:

Think Oly changed their original strategy of introducing an intermediate model E-3e to directly an "E-5". PMA is juz around the corner, lets wait & see ;)

I speculate Fuji may not be jumping into the m43 afterall, & they wud be introducing another new sensor for their next DSLR. Anyone heard of Hexachrome? :think::think::dunno:

Supposedly has RGB & CMY filters, so total 6 colours & thus the name Hexa.

Wider colour gamut for sure but the complex matrixing of those 6 colours is heavy duty stuff. :sweat::sweat: If true, thats something really interesting to look forward to :) This time will there be true 16bits to represent the wider gamut? DR compromise?

This year is an exciting year!!! :heart::heart: Panny bring them on!!

Supposedly has RGB & CMY filters, so total 6 colours & thus the name Hexa.

Wider colour gamut for sure but the complex matrixing of those 6 colours is heavy duty stuff. If true, thats something really interesting to look forward to This time will there be true 16bits to represent the wider gamut? DR compromise?

This year is an exciting year!!! :heart::heart: Panny bring them on!!

:bigeyes: Cheem,but I understood the first part and a little of the 2nd part:bsmilie:

382140743.jpg

Panasonic didnt introduce any new models during their website launch event.
Another thing is that G1 will still be in production despite rumoured to be discontinued.

Eh? I thot G1 is being replaced by GH1 long ago?

No news means ambush. HAHAHAHA!! Out come a killer cam end of Feb. :devil::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.