Need C&C on my 1st Attempt

tsk023

Jun 15, 2010
Singapore, Tampines
Hi there,

I need some C&C on the following photo that was taken yesterday evening.

IMG_02394.jpg

IMG_02572.jpg

IMG_02603.jpg

IMG_02691.jpg

IMG_02712.jpg

Feel Free to C&C.

No C&C = No Improvement

Thanks in Advance

Hello, tsk023.
May I just mention one point - the shots seem to be a little soft.
I could find no EXIF data on them.
So I couldn't tell if you shot them on tripod, or what aperture you used.

Hey tsk023, thx for sharing your 1st attempt with us. I have to agree that the shots are a bit soft. Perhaps you should watch your exposure a little especially with fireworks as the sudden burst of lights can cause the sky in the background to be overexposed leading to loss of detail in your firework trails.

Do keep sharing though! you'll learn a lot from the other more experienced photographers in the forums like I still am learning too.

Picture 1, watch your horizon, it's tilted.

Pictures 2 & 3, the lower right jetty spoils the picture. Make sure there is nothing blocking your view, which is the CBD skyline and water.

HTH.

Cheers!

Hi Everyone,

Here are 2 other shoots that I had miss out of the attachment.

Had done a bit of enhancement. Please C&C and recommendation......

IMG_0261a.jpg

IMG_0361a2.jpg

Thanks all in advance....;););)

Last edited:
Hi tsk023, welcome to CS~

Your 1st 3 shots are tilted as mentioned by bro Dingaroo...so do take note of that. Were you shooting with a tripod? They seem blur to me, or is it my eyes? :bigeyes:

The fireworks are overexposed, but these can be fixed during post processing.

Basically 1st 3 shots were quite poorly framed but don't be disheartened! You can only get better as you shoot more! Just pay more attention to the surrounding elements when you compose your shots in the future ;)

Keep shooting and hope to see more from you soon :D

Hi mimik07,

Thanks... for your C&C.....i taken note of that......

Just to check with you what about the enhanced photo (#6 & #7)... :)

Clubsnap is not the best place to host pictures. Suggest to use Flickr. Even Picasa is not too bad but that one not perfect anymore with their latest move to "resize" max photos sizes :-\

Hi mimik07,

Thanks... for your C&C.....i taken note of that......

Just to check with you what about the enhanced photo (#6 & #7)... :)

#6 - still looks 'soft'. So were you shooting with tripod?:dunno:

#7 - Trees were cut off at the top, and i'm not too sure what you're trying to show in that picture :think:

#6- yah... shoot with tripod,but i seem that I had shake a bit during taking the shot. :embrass:
Press a bit hard....:sweat:
Planning to get the remote trigger...... at the moment can only use the timer..... to avoid shaking photo...

#7- hmm..... ya..... will take not of that....... actually is the subject is mangrove, but leg injured so cannot do low shoot.:cry::cry:

I think the mangrove one has got some potential :) Maybe can go down again and let imagination run wild a bit..see whether can exclude the boats, or even the shoreline.. just pure mangroves and still water..the lines of the mangroves looks attractive to me:sweatsm:This is near where?

Hi davee78,

the location for the mangrove is at pasir ris beach. Maybe we can go together to have some shot. There also can get sunset as well. Hmmm.... sunrise unsure, have not reckee the location for morning shot.

My one of the sunset shot. Pls c&c.... Thanks
http://m.flickr.com/?loggedout=1#/photos/51410768@N04/4726517125/

Last edited:
Ahh..ok..I know where now..:)

Sure thing, but I am camera-less now;) I sold off everything and now having a break I guess. I still love taking pictures but for now, just to take a step back and think, read and see photos. It's weird, i know...:bsmilie:

Sometimes, without a camera in hand, things do look different..:)

Hi Everyone,

Here are 2 other shoots that I had miss out of the attachment.

Had done a bit of enhancement. Please C&C and recommendation......

IMG_0261a.jpg

Thanks all in advance....;););)

I believed it shot hand held w/o tripod. seems blur due to hand shake..