My Nocturne Photography

Hi Mezzotint,

I visit your website and we are planning to do (or basically copy if you dont mind) some of things you've done

we will have our outing (few friends) at Chinese Garden tomorrow evening to try out some of the things posted in your website.

thanks for inspiring us :)

anyone can come also, coz we need more big flashlights

Hi Mezzotint,

I visit your website and we are planning to do (or basically copy if you dont mind) some of things you've done

we will have our outing (few friends) at Chinese Garden tomorrow evening to try out some of the things posted in your website.

thanks for inspiring us :)

anyone can come also, coz we need more big flashlights

Hi FibonJemer,

I'm glad to know that my work inspires you & yr friends. It's flattering to know you are "copying" or trying to create images similar to my work. :)

As we all know, no 2 images look alike, but it's a good way to learn from there. I would love to see you and yr friends' end results, if any of you is to post. Hope you all have a good time. Do keep me updated if you post yr fotos. Cheers! :)

wow thanks for the reply :)

would you mind giving us some exact good places to take similar shots of yours at chinese garden? i've been there once only before ;)

we will sure post some pics here

thanks again

wow thanks for the reply :)

would you mind giving us some exact good places to take similar shots of yours at chinese garden? i've been there once only before ;)

we will sure post some pics here

thanks again

Hi FibonJemer,

Night photography is a creative process especially in light-painting. Let your imagination runs wild and let your creativity takes control. It all comes down to individual's art of seeing; seeing the subjects in your mind's eye. Getting the best vantage points and most importantly what are you trying to convey in your images.

That way will help improve your own photography rather than "copying" the exact thing from your inspirations. Inspirations serve as motivations in creating something totally new and at the end of the day, what really matter is what have you learnt from it, what have you achieved in the process of making the images, etc.

Well I can't tell you the exact location spots to make good night photos. It's you, as the photographer, your job to explore and discover and learn. There are no easy and 100% correct ways of doing night photography. If you don't succeed for the first time, try and do it again until you get it right. It shows how much effort you have put in your craft. From there you will grow as a better photographer.

Sorry for the long-winded words. Hope these words of advice help you in a way or another. Have fun! :)

nice photos! i visited your blog and saw the article you wrote on the outing with Tony Paiva. How do you do the 'ghost' picture?

nice photos! i visited your blog and saw the article you wrote on the outing with Tony Paiva. How do you do the 'ghost' picture?

Hi mushymellow,

Thanks for reading my blog. It's simple on that efex shot. Just set your camera shutter speed to about 10-15 seconds, depends on the surrounding ambeince lighting. Mount your flash strobe on the camera and press the shutter release. Once the strobe fired off, everyone just walk away and you'll get that results. :)

Have fun! :)

It's been a while since I last posted here. I took part in SIPF 2010 first ever night photography marathon contest held last Saturday 6 Novemeber 2010. The event is called Singapore Night Hunt. Here's one of 4 the photographs I made based on one of the 4 themes given.

NightHunt_03_watermark-1.jpg

Starry Starry Night

I was fortunate to get the 3rd place in this foto-marathon contest. To view the other 3 photographs, please visit my website. I wrote a blog on my Night Hunt experience too. Pleasant viewing.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your winning 3rd prize :)

Cheers, and best of regards!

Last edited:
I'm inspired by you!

AbandonedHouse_001.jpg

New blog posted. If you' are interested and have the spare time to read the blog, click here.

Thank you. :)

That's one spooky looking house you got there, Martin. Thanks for the video links in your blog.
Gonna try out the ball light and light painting techniques when I got the time....alas, too much work and activities
to content with.

:cheers: