My Nocturne Photography

StacksofZeros_forblogwm.jpg

Stack of Zeros

New blog on the making of Stack of Zeros.

A short and simple video clip made during my location scout to this sculpture located in the newly developed Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park. For the very first time, a BTS video on the making of this sculpture night photos will be up soon. So stay tuned. :)

Thanks for watching.

Last edited:
Just wanna share my first panocturnal HDR foto that I made last night. A total of 4 different exposures were made during the twilight hour. Some tweaks before the final crop to panorama format.

NissenHutsinTwilight_HDR_FBCover.jpg

Nissen Huts in Twilight

Last edited:
AnimalsPlayground_wm.jpg

Dear fellow Night Dwellers!

I hereby proudly present my new set of night fotos titled This Used To Be My Playground.

Have a look and perhaps you can share with us your fond memories of these old vanishing playgrounds. More night fotos of playgrounds will be updated in this gallery. Have a pleasant viewing. Thank you.

Finally my very first BTS video is up and running. I hope this video will inspire more people to do night photography especially light-paintings.

Last edited:
Mezzotint said:
Dear fellow Night Dwellers!

I hereby proudly present my new set of night fotos titled This Used To Be My Playground.

Have a look and perhaps you can share with us your fond memories of these old vanishing playgrounds. More night fotos of playgrounds will be updated in this gallery. Have a pleasant viewing. Thank you.

Interesting works again.

ElephantPlayground_wm_03.jpg

Elephant Playground

FYI, 3 new night fotos uploaded on my website. Check them out here.

The above night foto was made 2 days after the full moon, before the rise of the waning gibbous moon. Hence the night sky is less illuminated but mostly polluted by the distant horizon lights, especially from HDB flats. The playground was surrounded by 2 types of lightings i.e. the floodlight on one of the chalet buildings on the far left and the common sodium vapor lighting from the 2 lamp posts shown here, front and back and 1 more just out of frame from the far right. High ISO test exposure was made to determine the right exposure for this image at its native ISO. The strong light burst effects are caused by the small aperture.

Nikon D300 on Tokina 11-16mm @ 11mm and exposed for 60 seconds at f/16. Perspective Control and Geometric Distortion are corrected digitally in Photoshop with added vignettes.