Model Shoot: Tookta

Status
Not open for further replies.
silver.wolf said:
oh my oh my! great stuffs zec

so when are u bringing back some tigers for us?? :bsmilie:

Ha ha ha ha. No need ah, they are already here in Singapore. You can find them in the zoo. :D

Zeckson Chow said:
..... Some of them are real professionals, most of them are like us, enthusiasts. I have not learned enough from my friend. If I am going to do this alone again, I don't think I can achieve this.

Absolutely disagree with you on the last statement. You must go at it alone. The errors made during these solo shoots are immensely valuable lessons. With a group, you will never find out how good or bad you are.

Deadpoet said:
Absolutely disagree with you on the last statement. You must go at it alone. The errors made during these solo shoots are immensely valuable lessons. With a group, you will never find out how good or bad you are.

Ha ha ha ha. Finally, I have you in my thread! Don't worry about the slamming, just come straight at me. I can appreciate what you are giving. :) Actually, I am looking to do something all by myself. I have many ideas in my head but just not confident enough to execute them. Also, situation and condition may not be favorable too. :(

veri well done...
veri sharp too, but do take note, not every pics need to be samurai sharp. ;)

Zeckson Chow said:
Ha ha ha ha. Finally, I have you in my thread! Don't worry about the slamming, just come straight at me. I can appreciate what you are giving. :) Actually, I am looking to do something all by myself. I have many ideas in my head but just not confident enough to execute them. Also, situation and condition may not be favorable too. :(
How the hell do you know you cannot execute? Let's say, you shoot solo, and you did not deliver, no one will know, but yourself. So, do do the damn shoot again! and again! and again! Until one shoot, you got the shot, then move on!

I hate most of the pictures I took, but love a few of them. Enough to keep me hacking at this demanding hobby.

Deadpoet said:
How the hell do you know you cannot execute? Let's say, you shoot solo, and you did not deliver, no one will know, but yourself. So, do do the damn shoot again! and again! and again! Until one shoot, you got the shot, then move on!

I hate most of the pictures I took, but love a few of them. Enough to kepp me hacking at this demanding hobby.

Yeah, some day, I will do something all by myself. Hee hee hee.

Zeckson Chow said:
Hmm... Okay, point noted. Perhaps I should not have shot from that angle but it was a request from her. Don't know why, almost all Thai girls that I've come across loved the big head perspective shots. Maybe my skills are not good enough to deliver what she asked for. ;p

Anyway, I am surprised to see you commented. I have always liked your works. Hope to learn from you more. :)

#3, angle-wise, I think you just have to move down slightly, or move further back, or ask the model to look slightly lower...just to adjust till there's not so much eye whites...and yet achieve your intended effect. The whole body language has to be in sync, so work more on your execution. :)

I just happened to come into your thread, and like #7 & 8 a lot. You are improving much. :)

berryhappy said:
#3, angle-wise, I think you just have to move down slightly, or move further back, or ask the model to look slightly lower...just to adjust till there's not so much eye whites...and yet achieve your intended effect. The whole body language has to be in sync, so work more on your execution. :)

I just happened to come into your thread, and like #7 & 8 a lot. You are improving much. :)

Thanks. I will put that in mind the next time I shoot. :)

Mr Chow, to add on beside the rest that has pointed out which is :

If not for her a little over powering pin/red blusher I think the model would have been a perfecto!

Hey I will be in Bangkok again in October, maybe can meet up for a coffee.:bsmilie:

Bring a couple of models with you.....too!:lovegrin:

It seems that everyone really like your photos including me. Your model is interesting and poses well. Your background pretty exotic and very interesting. So I shall comment on the small nitty picky details since it seems you have everything nailed down already.

Pic 01:
9b0fe8b7.jpg

1) I find the crop very wierd. It is between the hip and the belly button
2) Maybe you want the effect, but the exposure of the face is different then from the rest of the body. Personally, I think the face is the most interesting part of the model, and should be exposured as bright as if not bright than the rest of the body (unless you are going for a high key kind of shot)
3) The background is pretty interesting, but I think it can be improved if you angle the camera facing up so you get only the leaves of the trees. The tree stumps and bare brown ground is ugly. What you could do other wise is to prop the model higher up, so when you are shooting straight on, you can clear the ground in the background.

Pic 02:
6e4ac3d3.jpg

1) Nice pic but the background is cluttered. You have 3 tree trunks which is out of place. One of them is directly at the head. Also to the left of the picture, there is some branches on the floor

Pic 03:
6529c2d4.jpg

1)Personally, I would prefer the face to be more brighter.

Pic 04:
ffd3ea68.jpg
[/QUOTE]

1) There is a wooden beam running across the top of the picture. Imagine if it was not there, will it make the picture better? Maybe. How about if the beam (being an interesting part of the background) was more prominately placed in the picture to show off its interesting character? Maybe. My point is that the piece of background "prop" you have is neither here or there. If you want to leave it in the picture, make sure it is doing its job (either to frame the model, or act as an interesting background). Right not, it looks as though it is an afterthought.

2) As i mentioned before, I think the face is the most important part in a model. Similarily, the eyes are the most important part of the model. In this picture, your model's eyes does not look "alive". A bigger catchlight will help make the eyes sparkle. Another PS trick i always do is to select the white areas in the eyeballs and make them brighter.

Pro Image said:
Mr Chow, to add on beside the rest that has pointed out which is :

If not for her a little over powering pin/red blusher I think the model would have been a perfecto!

Hey I will be in Bangkok again in October, maybe can meet up for a coffee.:bsmilie:

Bring a couple of models with you.....too!:lovegrin:

Ha ha ha ha. Do let me know then. I'll be waiting for you. :D

Discreet said:
It seems that everyone really like your photos including me. Your model is interesting and poses well. Your background pretty exotic and very interesting. So I shall comment on the small nitty picky details since it seems you have everything nailed down already.

1) I find the crop very wierd. It is between the hip and the belly button
2) Maybe you want the effect, but the exposure of the face is different then from the rest of the body. Personally, I think the face is the most interesting part of the model, and should be exposured as bright as if not bright than the rest of the body (unless you are going for a high key kind of shot)
3) The background is pretty interesting, but I think it can be improved if you angle the camera facing up so you get only the leaves of the trees. The tree stumps and bare brown ground is ugly. What you could do other wise is to prop the model higher up, so when you are shooting straight on, you can clear the ground in the background.

1) Nice pic but the background is cluttered. You have 3 tree trunks which is out of place. One of them is directly at the head. Also to the left of the picture, there is some branches on the floor

1)Personally, I would prefer the face to be more brighter.

1) There is a wooden beam running across the top of the picture. Imagine if it was not there, will it make the picture better? Maybe. How about if the beam (being an interesting part of the background) was more prominately placed in the picture to show off its interesting character? Maybe. My point is that the piece of background "prop" you have is neither here or there. If you want to leave it in the picture, make sure it is doing its job (either to frame the model, or act as an interesting background). Right not, it looks as though it is an afterthought.

2) As i mentioned before, I think the face is the most important part in a model. Similarily, the eyes are the most important part of the model. In this picture, your model's eyes does not look "alive". A bigger catchlight will help make the eyes sparkle. Another PS trick i always do is to select the white areas in the eyeballs and make them brighter.

These are good observations, my friend. Rest assured that I will look into these nitpicks in future. But you have to agree with me that sometimes situations do not allow complete control over small nitpicks, you know? ;)

But I do appreciate these observations. I will not deny or give excuses over them and direct the fault on weather, heat, tired or whatsoever. My fault. :p ;)

slacker123 said:
you've improved alot

Hmm... Don't recognize your nick... How do you know that I have made improvements? I have not been posting pictures recently. Tookta is my second series posted after a long time of silence. :) But thanks, my friend, for appreciating my pictures. Still learning. ;p ;p ;p

posn75 said:
wah zan .. she really took my breath away with this pic ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/Zeckson/Tookta/6e4ac3d3.jpg

Ha ha ha ha. Oh... She took many breaths away from many of us! Imagine us as photographers trying to focus as she continuously draws our life force out... :lovegrin:

Deadpoet said:

I hate most of the pictures I took, but love a few of them. Enough to keep me hacking at this demanding hobby.

Then How the hell do you know that the photographer cannot improve more through shooting together with professionals?

I think he should know better than you which stage he is at and how he can advance better. There are times where we learn more shooting alone and occasions where we pick up faster shooting in group. dunno why u need to object to it..

Anyway, to Zeckson:

I like all your shots, very very nice. :D

For pic 1, I find the background slightly messy, will a larger aperture setting be better?

JSNG said:
Then How the hell do you know that the photographer cannot improve more through shooting together with professionals?

I think he should know better than you which stage he is at and how he can advance better. There are times where we learn more shooting alone and occasions where we pick up faster shooting in group. dunno why u need to object to it..

Anyway, to Zeckson:

I like all your shots, very very nice. :D

For pic 1, I find the background slightly messy, will a larger aperture setting be better?

Hello JSNG, thanks for commenting on my thread. As for the background in Pic 01, hmm..., I am already shooting at F4 but perhaps I didn't stand too far away so that's why the background is not impressive enough. I shot this picture with a 28-70mm lens. I should have stand further back and increase the distance between the pines and Tookta to get the bokeh done better. Definitely my overlook. Hee hee hee... ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.