Model Shoot: Tookta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mezzotint said:
Awesome set of pictures, Zeck. The model is really photogenic and she is gorgeous. You've done a great job. :thumbsup:

Btw where is this outdoor session took place? Doesn't seem like Botanic Garden. Mind telling me? :)

Hello Mezzotinit, thanks. I was lucky to have these pictures. Thanks to my friend too. The place? Some resort about 85 km outside Bangkok, Thailand. :)

~Arcanic~ said:
i believe he already mentioned that its taken in thailand...

ANyway, the colours of this series is by far the best i've seen in most of your series so far.. nicely done..

Thanks Arcanic. I am still learning ways to improve myself better but shooting chances here are not as often as in Singapore. For this trip, it was rare opportunity because I befriended some real photographers here in Bangkok. Some of them are real professionals, most of them are like us, enthusiasts. I have not learned enough from my friend. If I am going to do this alone again, I don't think I can achieve this.

berryhappy said:
#3 looks scary 'cos too much of the model's eye whites are showing...in a picture not intended to look angry/fierce. You should adjust your angle.

I like the way both the environment and model work together to contribute to striking images in #7 & 8. Nice colours too.

Hmm... Okay, point noted. Perhaps I should not have shot from that angle but it was a request from her. Don't know why, almost all Thai girls that I've come across loved the big head perspective shots. Maybe my skills are not good enough to deliver what she asked for. ;p

Anyway, I am surprised to see you commented. I have always liked your works. Hope to learn from you more. :)

glensky said:
you're on the roll !!!wooohoo!thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

On the roll? Yeah, already rolling on the ground catching my breath! Ha ha ha ha. Thanks. :)

thobs said:
hi Zech, did you use reflector on the whole series or just a flash? am wondering if why are your pics specially numbers #6 #7#8 don't have those shadows under her eyelids?

nice sets of pics btw.

Yes, a reflector was used. Some parts of the land were sunny while other parts were shaded. We shot a few pictures but found that the contrast level is way too high, lots of highlights and Tookta's face was pretty dark. So we deployed a reflector to fill in. The outcome? We all smiled. She simply looked sensuous. :)

Canonised said:
Ai yeo, your resistance is too weak la ... should chai pour more, but cant blame you coz we not having what you are getting there in Thailand, u lucki chap ...:bsmilie: Can forsee that you will probably end up as a Thai citizen sooner or later...
Everyone loves those pine tree bokeh, makes the pic more exciting.... Colour is very good, but shadows on face is evident.
This is one classic example where the model is definately look so much better in person than in photo because of her features and also culture shock .... :angel:

Hey, when are you coming over to Thailand? ;)

Zeckson Chow said:
Hey, when are you coming over to Thailand? ;)
I see further north ..... China :lovegrin:

zeckson, been a while seeing your pics. As mentioned by all, the model looks great, the pics look great as well. I do think that with a little better, maybe lighter makeup, it will improve further. take care in thailand.

nemesis32 said:
zeckson, been a while seeing your pics. As mentioned by all, the model looks great, the pics look great as well. I do think that with a little better, maybe lighter makeup, it will improve further. take care in thailand.

Hello Bro Nemesis32, nice of you to drop by! :D

On the make-up, hmm, I cannot say much because in a shoot like this, or in most unofficial shoots, we don't have any make-up artists to cover this area. The model will come with her own make-up and you know very well how they are. Some times I do see big difference between the face and the neck.

Conventional make-up artists here are not cheap, not to mention professional ones. They are only present in major shoots or a commercial based shoot. No make-up artists here are willing to do jobs for free. In our case, we didn't engage any as the cost does not justify the trip. We are travelling outside Bangkok and the MUA will have to follow. This is a paid shoot by the way.

The procedure here is not the same as in Singapore and the cultural mindset is even more different. Casual photographers or enthusiasts do not look too much into details like matching fingernail colours, messy hairs, position of the toes, etc. They all have one common mindset -- To produce pictures with impact at the lowest costs. If you think competition in Singapore is tough, Bangkok is even tougher and I must add: cruel!

If impact = 80% composition + 20% details, putting it into money sense, they will rather drop the impact but save a lot of cost.

Also, I might have pump the saturation level a little too much on her as well. It might be me who is the culprit. :p

Yes , i must say that she has lovely big eyes :lovegrin:

Nice series :thumbsup: but have to say the cheeks look real pink looks like someone slapped her couple of times :sweat:

Klose said:
Nice series :thumbsup: but have to say the cheeks look real pink looks like someone slapped her couple of times :sweat:

Ha ha ha ha! You are going to get slapped by her. Ha ha ha ha! Just joking. :p

:) Good work bro, keep it up.:thumbsup: :dunno: she was born to be a model.

Status
Not open for further replies.