[ m4/3 news ] G1 discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a tough sell with the GF1 out and expensive to build with the EVF included, but expected to be discounted because of the age.

I liked the shape but with the GH1 and GF1 both including video, it makes sense to discontinue it.

wow the 1st m4/3 cam is history

It's only been slightly more than a year. WTF. :nono:

Actually I got my hands on a GF1 and frankly, I still prefer the G1. Am now conflicted between keeping the G1 or GF1.

Actually I got my hands on a GF1 and frankly, I still prefer the G1. Am now conflicted between keeping the G1 or GF1.

VIDEO IS good, come come sell me yr G1:devil:

I played with both too and find the G1 better. Now to find a GH1 and try

Not surprised if GH1 is superceeded. Nowadays techs stuffs move so fast. Most impt the camera do what it suppose to do. I just need more m4/3 lens. Body can slowly upgrade when its really needed.

u r right, we need more m4/3 lens, not to adapt 4/3 lens as it defeats the purpose of smallness!

Hopefully Panny & Oly don't duplicate their lens lineup too much...so we get more complete line-up

i definitely hope the m4/3 players come up with a super tele zoom for m4/3 just like sigma 50-500mm for 4/3.. so i can save my money on the adapter

But still investing on 4/3 lens and using it on oly body is not a bad investment.. If one day should you decide to change from m4/3 to a 4/3 body, you can just sell off ur mmf-1 adapter and continue using ur 4/3 lens.

u r right, we need more m4/3 lens, not to adapt 4/3 lens as it defeats the purpose of smallness!

Hopefully Panny & Oly don't duplicate their lens lineup too much...so we get more complete line-up

For some people though with lots of legacy lenses, this is the M4/3's selling point :)
M4/3 lenses are d@mn expensive if you haven't noticed :D

For some people though with lots of legacy lenses, this is the M4/3's selling point :)
M4/3 lenses are d@mn expensive if you haven't noticed :D

I have noticed even the normal 4/3 lens is cheaper den the m4/3 ones.. Smaller lens should be cheaper but yet its the complete opposite :dunno:

The current "higher price" might have to be caused by the sudden surge in demands, which brings retailers to price the lenses at a small premium. Once things level out over time, I believe the prices will be much better.

Yeah...can't wait for the new lenses to be released. Rumours says Panny releasing the tele, fisheye and 14mm mid of the this year. But 2011? Hmm...I wonder...

Just hope that there will be more m4/3 lenses available.

G1 discontinue makes my red G1 rarer heh.

just check the jap website, G1 stop production

Last edited:
Just a rumour perhaps. But maybe G2 or whatever new ones are in the design office. But do hope more lenses coming out esp the telezooms end. UWA is already well-done. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.