LX3 Users Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to know... do you guys usually turn Pre-AF on all the time?? Q-AF or C-AF for daily point & shoot activities?

Have anyone tried using the Oly FL-20 on the LX-3. Does it work? It looks small enough not to be awkward.

Currently using a SDHC card with the lX3. Noob Question am I able to use an old SD card with this camera?

Also bought a 3rd party battery to use with this camera from MS colour. it took only 45 mins to charge before the green light went off. Should it not take about 2 hours? comments please. thanks

Currently using a SDHC card with the lX3. Noob Question am I able to use an old SD card with this camera?

Read the manual.... u will find the answer there

Have anyone tried using the Oly FL-20 on the LX-3. Does it work? It looks small enough not to be awkward.

Tried the FL20, fit very nicely and even allow the build in flash to be pop up.
It will fire but you will have to use it in manual mode.
The TTL does not work with the LX3, the auto mode only have 1 fix aperture.

arsene said:
I own both the F31D and LX3. At higher ISO, I still find that the F31D has less noise and give better pictures. However at low ISO, the LX3 seems slightly better than F31D.

Hi arsene, any chance of a picture of the 2 cameras side by side to compare size?

Hi,

I would like to find out from lx3 users - when shooting raw, how long does it take for the cam to write to the memory card? And while writing, can another shot be taken in succession? I'm a GX100 user and I might be considering a replacement.. TIA.

Hi,

I would like to find out from lx3 users - when shooting raw, how long does it take for the cam to write to the memory card? And while writing, can another shot be taken in succession? I'm a GX100 user and I might be considering a replacement.. TIA.

It takes abt 2 or 3 secs (guess this depends on e memory card)....no u can't take another pic while its saving

CYRN said:
there's already pics of the comparison earlier in this thread.
Hi CYRN, saw those. I meant a pic of the 2 cameras side by side (to see physical size difference):)

Hi everyone,

a newbie LX-3 user here. I am wondering whether is there a problem with my LCD. When I want to shoot a picture with some bright lights, there will be a long line running from the top to the bottom of my LCD where the bright light is located, something like a long vertical flare. I am able to snap and take the picture. The picture will turn out fine.

Just wondering whether you guys encounter this when you are using the LCD as a view finder when taking your shots.

Thank you.

If this only happens to me, then it is time to get the camera exchanged :(

Hi everyone,

a newbie LX-3 user here. I am wondering whether is there a problem with my LCD. When I want to shoot a picture with some bright lights, there will be a long line running from the top to the bottom of my LCD where the bright light is located, something like a long vertical flare. I am able to snap and take the picture. The picture will turn out fine.

Just wondering whether you guys encounter this when you are using the LCD as a view finder when taking your shots.

Thank you.

This is normal.

Hi everyone,

Thank you.

Yah, normal. It wun affect the picture quality.

Thank you for your prompt reply, Hansia and Hong Jia

Time for me to start shooting more pictures with the LX-3 :)

hi everyone, i'm new and actually wan to find out more about F100fj but the LX3 pictures really took me by storm ... everything about the LX3 is great except the zoom .. how do u overcome the zoom which is only 2.5x ?

hi everyone, i'm new and actually wan to find out more about F100fj but the LX3 pictures really took me by storm ... everything about the LX3 is great except the zoom .. how do u overcome the zoom which is only 2.5x ?

Use zoom no.11 ;p

well i guess its a give and take situation, beautiful wide angle shots minus the zoom, i'm fine with that :D

Manual zoom. aka using your legs. :p

Can trade off with pic resolution. Switch to JPEG, use EZ function can squeeze more. But wouldn't cropping achieve same outcome?

Status
Not open for further replies.