LX3 pictures

Hi,
He is a writer...i've tried to show him thinking ideas/deep in thought....with this background
the image probably will make more sense to you :)

this is a bit strange..... hehehehe...

hi,
love this picture:
p1050169i.jpg

thanks bro! love your b/w pictures too:)

Amazing series! You are really a good photographer! :thumbsup:

Hey, for the first portrait, could you share how you did your editting?
i read, but cant remember now, the name of that effect made famous by a known photographer..

hi,
i have not followed any set pattern, i don't know about the phogographer you are talking about either. This image was taken in a very high contrast setting, dynamic bw, in scorching midday afternoon. There was lot of light on his face...the effect came from pulling the contrast.
Please note that i could not repeat the same effect on other images which means you need to shoot in a certain situation for this to happen...which is true with all kind of effects...you can not do any effect unless the image is ready for it.
regards,
anurag

Hey, for the first portrait, could you share how you did your editting?
i read, but cant remember now, the name of that effect made famous by a known photographer..

and a little variation on the same shot:

4232855519_da6fdf7767_o.jpg

Just a quick question. I dunno if it's been asked before. Do you shoot jpeg or raw? Your pictures look unbelievably sharp, especially that last pic. My LX3 can't seem to take pics that sharp unless I use flash haha

Just a quick question. I dunno if it's been asked before. Do you shoot jpeg or raw? Your pictures look unbelievably sharp, especially that last pic. My LX3 can't seem to take pics that sharp unless I use flash haha
hi Stig,
i shoot JPEGs...never tried RAW on LX3...
That sharpness is because of great focus and sharpening. If you dial in -2 NR, and the focus is good, the images out of the camera are pretty sharp.
anurag

hi,
latest from a beach in india:

4299909337_ffc981ce1a_b.jpg

hi Stig,
i shoot JPEGs...never tried RAW on LX3...
That sharpness is because of great focus and sharpening. If you dial in -2 NR, and the focus is good, the images out of the camera are pretty sharp.
anurag

-2 NR. Got it. Thanks!

Tajmahal:

4318423631_0eebe563e9_b.jpg

Last edited:
hi mikeeey,
sorry i couldn't visit cs for last 2 months.
this is a long exposure shot on a tripod, shot on M mode probably.
long exposures give you these deep colors, you know this :)
regards,
anurag

hi mikeeey,
sorry i couldn't visit cs for last 2 months.
this is a long exposure shot on a tripod, shot on M mode probably.
long exposures give you these deep colors, you know this :)
regards,
anurag
no worries my friend...

Thanks for sharing the info. It was a great shot!