Loy Krathong - Yi Peng festival in Chiang Mai

Status
Not open for further replies.
first pic is great pic. hope to see more of that standard.

by the way, is serenexmm really a xmm? kind of remind me of a JC mate, who was called da mei nu (nv) on a greeting card she received...

Thanks for sharing.
It is a fab travelogue series.
Do share other photos related to your Chiangmai trip if you have them.
Cheers!

Hi Bravia, thank you for viewing and for your kind words! Honestly... many other Chiang Mai photos... but out of 1000 shots we had to delete 999 shots... hehehe...

first pic is great pic. hope to see more of that standard.

by the way, is serenexmm really a xmm? kind of remind me of a JC mate, who was called da mei nu (nv) on a greeting card she received...

Hi, zoossh! Wah... coming from you... thank you thank you! I am still learning from all the great photographers around me. Thanks for your encouragement!

Anyway... this is SereneXMM:

Yi_Peng_Festival_WH_20091024_3950.jpg

How XMM is she will depend on your imagination already lor... hehehe... In my heart, she will forever be XMM... hahaha....

Wow, love all those lantern releasing shot, everyone of it is so nicely taken. :heart: :) Btw, welcome home. :)

Thank you Captain Juker! Hey bro, l'm using Tokina 11-16mm len leh. keke...
Alot to learn from you.:D

Good good, let learn from each others, think WeiHow will now see his money is well spend, haha. ;)

Thanks for sharing. #17 is my pick :thumbsup:

Nice work! I love the atmosphere you've captured, and taking the time to explain the whole event :)

Nice work! I love the atmosphere you've captured, and taking the time to explain the whole event :)

Hello, lypklypk.
Hey really thanks to you for your comments on the atmosphere and the write up!
I am still learning everyday. And after seeing some of the senior and much more experienced members' posts, I am beginning to understand how I should improve.
Appreciate your kind encouragement!

Hello NineEleven, thank you very much for your kind words! I am sure you can. Just make your way there next year November! These lanterns... well, either they drop into the river, or onto some ulu ulu places in the jungle, hopefully by then the fire would have been out already... hehehe...

Hello pwrpufguy, certainly... Thank you for your praises! I use the 5DMkII, and SereneXMM uses the 50D. Our team members use Nikon D700. All our settings are very similar - ISO 1600, aperture f/2.8 - f/3.5 (but mostly at f/2.8 cos it's REALLY dark), shutter speed 1/60 (mostly) but reluctantly 1/30.

Hello DinoSG, thank you so much for your kind encouragements!

Hello, geckoblade. Hey, thanks very much for your AWESOME praise!

Hi Lim, thankss for answering my question. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.