LOUSY wedding photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragco

Mar 31, 2007
I just wanna vent out some unhappiness. Cos I feel that after paying thousands of $$ + its a once in a life-time thing, how can one compromise right? Just saw the pthotographs for my AD wedding AD and I am not satisfied with the outcome AT ALL!!!!!!! :(

I hold nothing against kit lens and I strongly believe that it is the person behind the lens that brings out the best in each photograph. Having said this, I too believe that it is the lens in front of the man that also brings out the best in each photograph.

My photographer uses a 18-70 f3.5-4.5 throughout my AD. After taking a look at the pictures of my brother who was shooting from the side, using a 28-70 f2.8, the quality of the picture does really makes a HUGE difference to me. Of cos, the lens itself is a HUGE difference already!

The best part is this: when I saw my photographer, I told him "please shoot in RAW + L so that I can have both". His reply "err what is RAW?"

Names shall not be mentioned to protect the guilty ones. However they are freely available via PM.

Just checking, you got this photographer thru bridal studio or you source it yourself? Did you go thru his portfolio beforehand?

how bad is bad?

got sample?

i sincerely believe that for wedding photography, if the photographer dare to take money, he should be responsible for his action! this is very irresponsible! Please pm me the nick. thanks!

RAW is WAR!

But on a serious note, did you view his portfolio before deciding to engage him? If so you should be able to tell his quality before getting into this stage.

to m3lv1nh0: nope. cos apparently, they are the bridal shop's group of resident photographers. so its more like, who's free, who go cover. something like that. if u'd allow me, more like prostit*te, if u know what i mean.

to Stratix: dun really have picture to single-handedly pin-point it out. but i guess looking at pictures taken by 2 such different lens is more than enough to imagine right?

to emerald: yeah. i am not a pro, but at least I know what is RAW. another good thing, he look damn young and cant express himself well on how to ask my wife n i to pose etc.

to slypower50: i did not engage him thru CS. it was from e bridal shop. and apparently this bridal shop is one of the more popular one in SG!!

The best part is this: when I saw my photographer, I told him "please shoot in RAW + L so that I can have both". His reply "err what is RAW?"

man... this one hurts...:bheart:

to m3lv1nh0: nope. cos apparently, they are the bridal shop's group of resident photographers. so its more like, who's free, who go cover. something like that. if u'd allow me, more like prostit*te, if u know what i mean.

to Stratix: dun really have picture to single-handedly pin-point it out. but i guess looking at pictures taken by 2 such different lens is more than enough to imagine right?

to emerald: yeah. i am not a pro, but at least I know what is RAW. another good thing, he look damn young and cant express himself well on how to ask my wife n i to pose etc.

to slypower50: i did not engage him thru CS. it was from e bridal shop. and apparently this bridal shop is one of the more popular one in SG!!

So u didn't get to see any sample or portfolio from the photographer or from the bridal shop?

i feel really bad for ya. have you checked his portfolio before inquiring his services?
a 18-70 throughout the whole event means making no efforts, i hope you'll get through with this nightmare
:cheers:

feel sad for u too :cry:...no offence...tis is the result of some bridal shop who tried to make more $$ by engaging some unprofessional low end photographer.

Bummer! It really sucks when you get so disappointed with the shots. Similar thing happened to me.

What was essentially wrong with the images though? Compositionally? Or technically? Or both?

Was his composition terrible, or just image quality?

I guess usually the wedding studio tell the AD photographer not to do RAW shoots. As you know they charge you by per print after your wedding if you want more pics. Most probably the photographer act dont know. By the way, did you or your brother took over his camera and set to RAW mode for him?
I was told by couples that there are some bridal companies AD photographers that use a 18-200 to "bao ga liao". IMHO, to them, it is more of get it over and done with rather than passion.
At least hoped your brother managed to get some shots you liked? :)

Why not just hire a pro from CS? Would have been cheaper. ;)

didnt confirm didnt check. you also got yourself to blame. Few thousand dollars package and you should know who be covering your wedding beforehand and not wait till the very last minute.

"A few thousand dollars" for wedding photographer would already mean top-notch photographers in Sg. It's probably a wedding package, with wedding photography as an add-on extra, and in such cases, the photography part of this package might only cost a few hundred dollars. It is highly likely the photography jobs have been sub-contracted to other companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.