LOUSY wedding photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my own experience, I and my wife doesn't leave everything to the bridal shop. We scour around about a year earlier for local photogs featured in local mags.

Found one and only too happy he's doing freelance for that particular shop, meaning the shop finds him a customer and vice-versa, no string attached between them. We paid him ard $1.5K for his services alone.

Upon 1st meeting already established relationship with this photog. I wasn't into photography then but he let us into his digital darkroom, letting us input ideas. All this was more 10 years ago where everything was using film.

To would be couples, ppl will forget the 10 course dinner or which hotel the reception was held but those weddng photos, they last. So don't budget on these....you'll may never get a second chance.

That's why I'm volunteering as a backup for my colleague's wedding coz I find wedding photos ARE important to couples, which he thinks not. My uncle says during days when couples fight, look at those wedding photos and you'll remember why you married her/him.

So sorry to TS, live with it and move on..........

ahhh... i vividly recall there're some who do weddings for FREE and they are members of CS! :bsmilie:

it's not abt whether they are from CS then they will be more $$, rather, it is also dependent on a no. of factors such as whether the couples are willing to fork out $$... etc. etc.

ya, those who just wanna spend a weekend wasting shutter count... scary...

good luck to those individuals, either infront or behind the lenses.

From my own experience, I and my wife doesn't leave everything to the bridal shop. We scour around about a year earlier for local photogs featured in local mags.

Found one and only too happy he's doing freelance for that particular shop, meaning the shop finds him a customer and vice-versa, no string attached between them. We paid him ard $1.5K for his services alone.

Upon 1st meeting already established relationship with this photog. I wasn't into photography then but he let us into his digital darkroom, letting us input ideas. All this was more 10 years ago where everything was using film.

To would be couples, ppl will forget the 10 course dinner or which hotel the reception was held but those weddng photos, they last. So don't budget on these....you'll may never get a second chance.

That's why I'm volunteering as a backup for my colleague's wedding coz I find wedding photos ARE important to couples, which he thinks not. My uncle says during days when couples fight, look at those wedding photos and you'll remember why you married her/him.

So sorry to TS, live with it and move on..........

:thumbsup: wa... brilliant. :thumbsup:

yes, those free things are usually very standard, too bad for someone has very high expectation lor.

btw, the photo lousy can be use as in very lose form, how does ones define "lousy"? bad exposure? photo not sharp? boring composition? or the photo is not award wining photo?

how about totally out of focus photos on the first page of the album? as in i take off my 700deg glasses and try to see.. not kidding. they were really that out of focus.

regarding about commitment level and quality issue ...

it like an analogy on "Mass-productions / Run-of-the Mill Service" and "Customizations / Personalized service"

Buyers must be aware of the bridal market place of different kind of Service providers and their business and practices, marketing approach and offerings.

You may like to read this, and feedback is welcome >> http://singapore-wedding-bridal-photographer.blogspot.com/2008/05/excuse-me-we-are-not-your-normal-bridal.html

NickGoh

ahhh... i vividly recall there're some who do weddings for FREE and they are members of CS! :bsmilie:

it's not abt whether they are from CS then they will be more $$, rather, it is also dependent on a no. of factors such as whether the couples are willing to fork out $$... etc. etc.

Let's make a wild assumption that TS's infamous PG is the same standard as the guys who shoot free in CS.

Would we rather have these free PGs shooting as a 2nd PG (they usually shoot as 2nd PG, at least from wat i can tell from the ads in the Services folder) at the wedding, or the TS's PG shooting as main PG, collecting $200 coffee money in the process somemore?

I'd certainly choose the former for my wedding... so free PGs as 2nd shooters in a wedding isn't that bad.. as long as there's a competent main PG. And the main PG must not be from those bridal studios, else might be blind leading the blind..:what:

To all,

As mentioned earlier, the main objective of this thread is to "vent out" my frustration. Didn’t realize that it will somehow spiral into quite a "heaty" argument. I have read every post and would like to thank everyone who have provided their precious time and inputs. I had since highlighted my case and awaiting feedback.

Some worthy pointers mentioned:
- “all-in-one” may not always be good, but does that mean that “a-la-carte” will or might be good?
- commitment or passion vs pay peanuts….., but does that mean that volunteers at charitable organization should give sub-standard service?
- top end gear vs top end photographer, but does that mean that Michael Schumacher would be a world champion if he is driving a Minardi?

Anyway, as the saying goes: One man's loss is another's gain. Good luck to all couples who are going to get marry soon and I sincerely hope that everything will be right/perfect for your big day :)

Before I close my thread the bridal shop is W***e L**k and here are some pictures JUST for comparison purpose

Please do note that I am only referring to picture's quality. So please kindly ignore the white balance, color etc etc.
These pictures are resized down with no post processing. Different eyes see differently. So its up to u.

SET A:

bDSC_0236copy.jpg

bDSC_0382copy.jpg

SET B:

aDSC_0204copy.jpg

aDSC_0370copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.