Local or online

instinctloh

Nov 25, 2008
Hi guys,

I wana buy a Sony TX20 and i have checked amazon, they are selling $421.90 including shipping and a class 10 32gb card which is equilvalent to sgd539.70.

If I buy locally, it shld cost me $550 but with pouch, screen protector and a 8gb mem card.

Any recommendations if I shld get online or beside amazon, where can I try to get a good deal?

Or that kind of savings not worth to get it online?

Appreciate your input.

Thks

For the amazon price, have you included the singapore gst? Any purchase above $400 is subject to 7% gst

For the amazon price, have you included the singapore gst? Any purchase above $400 is subject to 7% gst

Huh?

Really?

Din know about that cos I have reached the last stage but din click cfm and it only shows that amt.

So that means I have to pay or don't have to?

Huh?

Really?

Din know about that cos I have reached the last stage but din click cfm and it only shows that amt.

So that means I have to pay or don't have to?

Your gst will be charged at the singapore customs.

When it arrives in SG, you will receive a notification whereby you can pay the GST to the postman when he delivers to your home, or you can pay the GST at the main post office when you collect

Are you talking about Amazon US? Not sure if there is warranty coverage for your TX20. I don't think so. Anyway I'd prefer to buy local with warranty for piece of mind. And 32GB is overkill...

Are you talking about Amazon US? Not sure if there is warranty coverage for your TX20. I don't think so. Anyway I'd prefer to buy local with warranty for piece of mind. And 32GB is overkill...

Ok noted.

If that's the case will get it locally.

Hianz taut that I got a steal.

Thks.

Hi folks,

One last question about the purchase locally.

Is there any recommended shop locally that can give me a better discount for this cam?

Thks

Hi folks,

Is there any recommended shop locally that can give me a better discount for this cam?

Thks

Yeah, the usual recommended stores, like ms color, slrr, etc

Yeah, the usual recommended stores, like ms color, slrr, etc

Agree, got my NEX 7 from SLRR & my Sigma 19mm f2.8 E Mount @ MS Color. Good prices if you source around and compare. Happy shopping... BBBVirus!!

Hi folks,

Thks

You can to to MS color website to get an eQuote from them, but sometimes they don't respond. It'll be better if you go to their Facebook page and private message them to ask for prices

just got my copy of sigma 19mm sony at $245 from sgcamerastore

just got my copy of sigma 19mm sony at $245 from sgcamerastore

Good price but is the warrantly local & with 2 and half years? I found SLRR selling 246 but no stock so got mine from MS Color @ 250... Registered online to get the full 2 & half years of warranty.

Good price but is the warrantly local & with 2 and half years? I found SLRR selling 246 but no stock so got mine from MS Color @ 250... Registered online to get the full 2 & half years of warranty.

yup same with 2 years 6 mths warranty

wanted to get the 30mm , but no stock , was told this week will come

yup same with 2 years 6 mths warranty

wanted to get the 30mm , but no stock , was told this week will come

A good deal then. Congratz. I din wanna get the 30mm as the aperture is too small for bokeh effect. Just sticking to my Zeiss Planar 50mm f1.7 prime. Any good recommendation for a good telephoto lens? Reviews for the present Sony E Mount Telephoto lenses not very good btw...

Thoth said:
A good deal then. Congratz. I din wanna get the 30mm as the aperture is too small for bokeh effect. Just sticking to my Zeiss Planar 50mm f1.7 prime. Any good recommendation for a good telephoto lens? Reviews for the present Sony E Mount Telephoto lenses not very good btw...

U mean all the telephotos have bad reviews ?

U mean all the telephotos have bad reviews ?

If u google around, the existing Sony E Mount lenses cannot resolve the 24MP sensor on NEX 7. Even the Carl Zeiss 24mm f1.8 which is d best lens in Sony range cannot resolve fully. So far, only legacy prime lenses seems to be able to. I am just saying what I saw in some reviews in the net. I bought d sigma as the review was good on NEX 7... Actually depends what u want... I am just waiting out for a better telephoto lens that gives better picture quality...