LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - You'll Never Walk Alone! season27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finnan admits uncertain club future​

Liverpool defender Steve Finnan admits he is in limbo as the closure of the summer transfer window approaches.

Finnan, a £3.5million signing from Fulham five summers ago, has found himself out of the picture so far this season after undergoing hernia surgery.

The Limerick-born player has even been touted as a possible makeweight in the Reds' ongoing pursuit of Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry, and admits he does not know what the future holds for him.

Finnan said: 'Limbo sounds about right, yes.

'I haven't got a clue, to be honest with you. I haven't played many games recently, so I honestly can't say.

'There is a big squad there and everyone is fighting for their place, and I just have to train well and take the chance if I get it.'

Asked further if he is having to contemplate a move, he replied: 'You would have to ask the club. I have been trying to get into the team.

'I haven't played, but I will just wait and see and when the transfer window closes, we will know then.

'I will wait and see if I can get into the team; if not, then obviously I want to play, so we will just have to take it from there.'

Finnan revealed he has spoken to manager Rafael Benitez about his situation, but would not elaborate.

He said: 'We have spoken about it, but at this time, I don't think I will say too much more.'

Last edited:
i walk up stairs oso pain

maybe i shud go for surgery, maybe chop off my right knee. hahaha
wah bro,your injury sounds more like the one cristina regina now having...professional injury leh...:bsmilie: mine not so terok lah...i had some traditional massages once awhile....:bsmilie:

Finnan admits uncertain club future​
sad if finnan really goes...hes been one of the more consistent performers...alonso falls into that category also...i think RB wants to have more 'local' players incase the 6+5 rules really starts....if thats the case,i think arse & chelski will be in trouble...they have more foreigners in their team...

wah bro,your injury sounds more like the one cristina regina now having...professional injury leh...:bsmilie: mine not so terok lah...i had some traditional massages once awhile....:bsmilie:

regina needs surgery.....
castration

i know my kneecap got problem, since army daze. now 10yrs nvr reservice liao, suddenly they recall me on standby. i tot i ROD lor... i m so sad.

now maybe next yr they will recall me back for active reservist liao. i need to downgrade. :bsmilie:

sad if finnan really goes...hes been one of the more consistent performers...alonso falls into that category also...i think RB wants to have more 'local' players incase the 6+5 rules really starts....if thats the case,i think arse & chelski will be in trouble...they have more foreigners in their team...

abalone is pure rubbish nowadays.

pls sell him too.

wow, it seems raf999 has a lot of nonsense n rubbish waiting for us fans to clear! :bsmilie:

REDS BACK FOR RIERA?​

Liverpool have reportedly turned their attentions back to Albert Riera as the stalemate in the Gareth Barry deal persists.

With the Reds board looking increasingly unlikely to stump up £18m for Barry, reports on Merseyside suggest that they will return to Riera to solve their left-sided problem.

The Espanyol winger said back in May that he wanted to exit the club after a disappointing season and Liverpool were reported to have had a £9.5m bid turned down.

Rafa Benitez then turned his attentions towards Barry but his board were unimpressed and have so far refused to provide the £18m required to take him from Aston Villa.

Riera would obviously be a very different option, playing largely as an orthodox winger and failing to provide the full-back cover that was part of Barry's appeal.

looks like lucas is due back at anfield soon. he got sent off for rear tackle on mascherano. anyway, brazil lost 0-3 to argentina.

another rear tackle on mascherano got another brazilian sent off finishing the match with 9 men on the field.

abalone is pure rubbish nowadays.

pls sell him too.

wow, it seems raf999 has a lot of nonsense n rubbish waiting for us fans to clear! :bsmilie:

abalone had been rubbish since he joined except for his debut game goal.

looks like lucas is due back at anfield soon. he got sent off for rear tackle on mascherano. anyway, brazil lost 0-3 to argentina.

another rear tackle on mascherano got another brazilian sent off finishing the match with 9 men on the field.

wat the hell is lucas thinking of?!?! wait he zham our mascherano become pai ka, how?????

Status
Not open for further replies.