[Life of a Insect] Macro close up Photography {Newbis} Ang Mo Kio Park

peterpan

Mar 4, 2004
Singapore, West
www.beniephoto.blogspot.com
[Life of a Insect] Macro close up Photography {Newbis} Ang Mo Kio Park

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand the goodness of their world

We welcome all newbis,pro and these who just started macro-close up photography. Don't have to be pro to join this Gathering. let us all share and learn idea from each other

Insect macro photography is Excellent and beautiful.it can be hot,tired etc.
But after all the tried,and feeling the heat. it pay off with a nice picture​

Dear Friends who turn up for this morning insect photography. It was a rainning but we never give up and waited for the rain to stop :)

Thank you for coming these who turn up for this outing, I can see everyone having a good time taking insects and everyone is tired and hungry, but it pay off with good insects shot at AMK.

hope to see your shot taken this morning.

Cheer
Benjamin

Last edited:
Thanks for Ben who had organize a fantastic outing and feel touching of his never give up spirit..:sweatsm:

Just share my few humble shot for today outing, kindly give your valuable comments after viewing:

# Image 01
4800995597_5422e77de7_b.jpg

# Image 02
4801624260_4e5e0a7465_b.jpg

# Image 03
4801624270_1cea6694bb_b.jpg

# Image 04
4801624252_d8f1eaa8db_b.jpg

jacob, nice catch! can see you had had a bountiful morning in AMK

i think the spider is oversharpen. can see radioactive halo around the legs... :think:

Hi Jacobs, nice to meet you :)

You do have some good catch! Keep shooting ~

I find that most of your images seem over-saturated...PP? :think:

jacob, nice catch! can see you had had a bountiful morning in AMK

i think the spider is oversharpen. can see radioactive halo around the legs... :think:

Yes, also found this "little girl" has oversharp..This due to while I want to click the shutter, she began to craw upward..:(

By the way, thanks for your comment...:)

Hi Jacobs, nice to meet you :)

You do have some good catch! Keep shooting ~

I find that most of your images seem over-saturated...PP? :think:

Thanks for your feedback.
Yes, I had done some PP on the image..will take note of the oversaturated picture on coming future...:D

Thanks Ben for orgainizing this outing, although the weather is bad but all of enjoy it ;)

Share one shot here (is abit soft :cry:), the rest you may browse it at my thread (#15 to #18) at below link.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=726229&page=2

AMS - Ant Minic Spider
4801652980_79f86184e6_b.jpg

Nice catch! i always admire the lighting control of your photo, Jane. How did you do it?

Nice catch! i always admire the lighting control of your photo, Jane. How did you do it?

Thanks seefei. :)
:embrass: I am still very weak in controlling of lighting ...still in learning stage from our senior ~ I think the most improvement on my lighting is because of the DIY diffuser I am using now. It really help alot to reduce harsh lighting. (credits go to David :) Who give me this material to use for my DIY diffuser)

Good shot you taken this morning Jacobs :)
Nice mantis shot.
Crab spider a little hash, crab spider is not easy to take is easy to get burn. for crab try to lower your flash power or iso

Don't give up :thumbsup:

This outing is on coz of Ben's never say die spirit and persistent the morning rain will stop. :thumbsup:

Jacob,
Can see you had a fun time with so many captures. Not too bad. I am sure your lighting has improve with the DIY diffuser.

Jane,
Good shot for AMS despite a wee bit soft.

Seefei,
The DIY diffuser is just a rectangle or round piece of plastic material (can be plastic plate, foam plate or milk bottle material) placed on front end & top of macro lens/raynox supported by rubber bands hooked around lens.

This outing is on coz of Ben's never say die spirit and persistent the morning rain will stop. :thumbsup:

Seefei,
The DIY diffuser is just a rectangle or round piece of plastic material (can be plastic plate, foam plate or milk bottle material) placed on front end & top of macro lens/raynox supported by rubber bands hooked around lens.

Thanks dykat for the advice. Will try out in my next shoot.

91310259.jpg

98124325.jpg

83453276.jpg

Thanks for Ben who had organize a fantastic outing and feel touching of his never give up spirit..:sweatsm:

Just share my few humble shot for today outing, kindly give your valuable comments after viewing:
Good shot on #1
#2 kinda soft
#3 can improve on the composition
#4 focusing is a tad off & its bum is burnt. Take note of your flash ;)

#1 is a good shot, nice contrast of brown & green & nice bg but its too tight a shot. #2 is nice too ;)

Good shot on #1
#2 kinda soft
#3 can improve on the composition
#4 focusing is a tad off & its bum is burnt. Take note of your flash ;)

Nice shot of the mantis but bg leaf is cutting across its neck so kinda spoil a nice shot ;)

Thanks for your informative comments & feedback..:thumbsup:
Hopefully have chance to meet up & learn from you coming outing (if have)..;)